• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

I'm fine with the XP. I've been able to improve quite a few guys just by completing in game goals. Couple that with keeping confidence up and it has worked out well for me.

But I do think more XP or lower cost should be implemented. Also makes no sense that I get 100 XP for completing a goal drive and 100 XP for throwing 21 TDs

My main issue is that the guys on my team getting the most XP and with the best development ratings are the guys who don't need any development. Like, what does XP for Marshawn Lynch really matter? Great! He's a 30+ year old running back with star development and nearly max stats in every category that matters.

I will say, it does appear that the confidence system has helped my offensive line a lot. At least in terms of running the ball. I had that really good stretch in the middle of the season and since then all my OL, even the backups, are like +1 or +2 to their OVR and most of it is in their run blocking, so I think the fact that my oline benefits in that way is kind of nice. I haven't really been spending XP so maybe I can even improve them a point or two.

SickBoy

I think the "OMG I LOVE BACON!" is my least favorite meme in the entirety of human history.

It's somehow beaten "make me a sandwich" in the cesspool of human idiocy clamoring for the shallow approval of others.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, bacon is delicious and if I wasn't already slowly killing myself in a half-dozen other ways I'd eat it more.

But I can't stand "BACON IS AWESOME."

"Hello Detroit! Are you ready to rock and roll? Does anyone love BACON???"

I think they just need to meet in the middle of what we had last season and what we have this year as far as player development goes. But I've heard that's a lot easier said than done.

Last year you could develop guys too easily, this year you really can't do shit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I mean bacon is pretty great. Im not over here flipping out about it, but its awesome.

Ever tried maple bacon? I find it hard to believe there are better tasting things.

DCX

DCX
Tevin Coleman has developed well for me, same for Beasley and Jalen Collins.

Under last years model, Coleman would be 86 ovr, Beasley 84 and Collins 80.

DCX

Ferny

I wanted to meet you last time I was in Cali, FMT.

But now....I...I don't even wanna see your
black
face ever!

DJ Bowser

Ever tried maple bacon? I find it hard to believe there are better tasting things.
A steakhouse I managed cured their own bacon in house. It was thick and glorious and I didn't mind eating it because it was a farm-to-table all humanely raised kind of concept.

That atop a burger made from trimmings of grass-fed filet mignon and ribeye with a fried egg and carmalizef onions was the greatest thing I ever ate.

Other than Serena Williams' booty once in a dream.

LukeSmith

I mean, I get this complaint. But it was ridiculous how much players progressed and changed year to year before. I'm fine with doing a mode that's on the other end of the spectrum and all about GMing and not playing an xp game. More realistic to have to find guys that fit than just create guys that fit.

Luke, will you be around tomorrow at ~6 est? Or later? I should also be available same times on Sunday.

I can try and be around like that on Saturday or Sunday, I'll have to check with the Warden and see what's planned.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FMT is fucking crazy with regards to the development system being OK. I have literally poured all of my prep time into Landon Collins and he hasn't improved much at all. I have boosted the only two stats that matter for a safety, AWR and ZCV, he is still not good.

I'm not sure how I will be able to build an OL or DL that lasts, short of absolutely nailing each draft pick with amazing finds. Free agency will be very important in this year's game.

Wellie, are you available to play today? I'm gonna be at home this afternoon with a sick kid, and I should be available most of the evening too.

Yeah I will be home tonight at around 7 ET.

DJ Bowser

FMT is fucking crazy with regards to the development system being OK. I have literally poured all of my prep time into Landon Collins and he hasn't improved much at all. I have boosted the only two stats that matter for a safety, AWR and ZCV, he is still not good.

I'm not sure how I will be able to build an OL or DL that lasts, short of absolutely nailing each draft pick with amazing finds. Free agency will be very important in this year's game
You could trade for some of my O-line backups who are pretty good!

DCX

DCX
Even the year end bonus for XP seems shit. Last year I took a slot 64 ovr WR and had a beastly year with him and ended up getting like 30k + in XP year end.

He went up to like 75-76 ovr in one season :/

Ugh.

DCX

I'm not sure how I will be able to build an OL or DL that lasts, short of absolutely nailing each draft pick with amazing finds. Free agency will be very important in this year's game.

Yeah I will be home tonight at around 7 ET.

I have a worse defense than you on paper!

Boost confidence

BigAT

Wonder how much I'm being hurt by turning off all those XP notifications. No clue what my drive goals are now, but fuck all those obnoxious reminders, well worth it even if I'm missing out.

CB3

Wonder how much I'm being hurt by turning off all those XP notifications. No clue what my drive goals are now, but fuck all those obnoxious reminders, well worth it even if I'm missing out.

My theory is that people will screw up their gameplan trying to complete drive goals. I have mine on but dont look at them at all.

I have a worse defense than you on paper!

Boost confidence

And the latest Daddy League Power Rankings put you as the 8th best team in the league!

Also I determined there is still a scenario where you, LJ and I can end up in a 3 way tie. I would have to beat LJ this week then lost to pheenix next week and you would have to lose to LJ next week. Then boom! 3 way tie.

Its kind of frustrating being the 11th best team in the power rankings and realizing that is only good for third best team in my division.

My theory is that people will screw up their gameplan trying to complete drive goals. I have mine on but dont look at them at all.

My favorite are the ones that are completely illogical for the game situation. 2 minutes to go, drive goal: rush for 40 yards. Yeah no thanks Madden.

Yeah fuck that shit when the game is like "run the ball at least four times!" As the defense is gearing up to stop the run

Wellie, just looking at your roster right now, I noticed that all of your starting offensive lineman have 80+ run blocking except your center. I haven't watched a lot of your games but I'm guessing you're like me and run a lot of between the tackles stuff. I know my run game improved a bit after I got a slightly better center in free agency. I'm guessing that's probably part of your plan already though.

And the latest Daddy League Power Rankings put you as the 8th best team in the league!

Also I determined there is still a scenario where you, LJ and I can end up in a 3 way tie. I would have to beat LJ this week then lost to pheenix next week and you would have to lose to LJ next week. Then boom! 3 way tie.

Its kind of frustrating being the 11th best team in the power rankings and realizing that is only good for third best team in my division.

My favorite are the ones that are completely illogical for the game situation. 2 minutes to go, drive goal: rush for 40 yards. Yeah no thanks Madden.

Magically, through a combination of XP and confidence, my defense has played better as the year has gone on!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellie, just looking at your roster right now, I noticed that all of your starting offensive lineman have 80+ run blocking except your center. I haven't watched a lot of your games but I'm guessing you're like me and run a lot of between the tackles stuff. I know my run game improved a bit after I got a slightly better center in free agency. I'm guessing that's probably part of your plan already though.

I have slowly started to figure out what works but it is still very much a crap shoot. Last night against Az I was having good luck with plays that hadnt worked for me all year and was getting killed on plays that were effective. A lot of it comes down to roster construction. I have one guard that is an effective pulling guard the other really isn't, so sometimes I'll forget and pull the other way and get fucked up, for example. My C is awful at the point of attack and therefore runs up the middle for me get stopped by NTs right away. My TEs aren't especially good blockers so setting a strong edge doesn't work for me either.

I think I am just going to draft a fast QB and call draws all game. That way I will always be evenly matched blocking wise.

LJ11

I'm starting Tom Savage at QB this week, Foles out for the year, and the other two couldn't even get close to throwing 5 yards downfield. Awful.

BigAT

I'm starting Tom Savage at QB this week, Foles out for the year, and the other two couldn't even get close to throwing 5 yards downfield. Awful.

The game is intentionally ruining your time in Online Franchise in order to draw the whale in you back into MUT. It knows.

Meanwhile I don't touch MUT and I have yet to have an injury this year. Game doesn't give a shit about my cheap ass.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

That's another thing that annoys me this year. I could be plugging along making throws all day then all of a sudden Eli will sail one right into a fucking defender. I mean I get it, that's Eli, but what do I do in this game to eliminate that, trade for Aaron Rodgers? My game with Ferny, I never put a ball in jeopardy until the ball started going over and past my guys into the arms of defenders. Last nights game with Az was the same deal. I am in the RZ and wanted to hit my TE on an out but he throws it so far away it looks like the pass was intended for Beckham. It's a stacked route to draw attention away from the TE which I use all the time so I know I didnt hit the other button.

I have slowly started to figure out what works but it is still very much a crap shoot. Last night against Az I was having good luck with plays that hadnt worked for me all year and was getting killed on plays that were effective. A lot of it comes down to roster construction. I have one guard that is an effective pulling guard the other really isn't, so sometimes I'll forget and pull the other way and get fucked up, for example. My C is awful at the point of attack and therefore runs up the middle for me get stopped by NTs right away. My TEs aren't especially good blockers so setting a strong edge doesn't work for me either.

I think I am just going to draft a fast QB and call draws all game. That way I will always be evenly matched blocking wise.

I've been using the same set of run plays since about mid season to a lot of success, and they feel pretty consistent to me so I dunno. Most of my negative runs come when I either make a bad read and run into my offensive line man, hit sprint too soon, or the defense makes the right call.

Did you do the Madden trainer stuff? I felt it really helped me understand how the run blocking develops in this game compared to past years.

I mean I dunno, offensive line isn't great but I'm average 4.5 yards a carry and I never call draws or tosses.

CB3

I get the impression a bunch of people haven't figured out this games "meta" yet. Just a hunch from looking at peoples complaints and seeing the games on twitch. Especially when it comes to the passing game.

I've felt really good with Bradford and its not like his ratings are anything to be impressed about. 1825 yards, 14 td's, 9 ints ( though 5 of those came in one game) in 9 games. It's just important to figure out what works and how

Ferny

That's another thing that annoys me this year. I could be plugging along making throws all day then all of a sudden Eli will sail one right into a fucking defender. I mean I get it, that's Eli, but what do I do in this game to eliminate that, trade for Aaron Rodgers? My game with Ferny, I never put a ball in jeopardy until the ball started going over and past my guys into the arms of defenders. Last nights game with Az was the same deal. I am in the RZ and wanted to hit my TE on an out but he throws it so far away it looks like the pass was intended for Beckham. It's a stacked route to draw attention away from the TE which I use all the time so I know I didnt hit the other button.

Everytime you threw the ball against GANG GREEN, you put that ball in jeopardy.

The tutorials were very helpful for me, and I actually prefer having QB accuracy the way it is now. I get that bad throws really piss us off, but that's the way it is.

I have had some great passing games and I've had great running games, but the only constant is that I've lost pretty much all of my close games this year. I really think a lot of it has to do with me being a bad play caller when I really need to get points or I adjust too slowly to whatever is happening. After this off-season I hope I can get some guys who can help me close the gap (guys I can't or don't user control) and I have a decent idea where I'm going to have to go.

The tutorials were very helpful for me, and I actually prefer having QB accuracy the way it is now. I get that bad throws really piss us off, but that's the way it is.

I have had some great passing games and I've had great running games, but the only constant is that I've lost pretty much all of my close games this year. I really think a lot of it has to do with me being a bad play caller when I really need to get points or I adjust too slowly to whatever is happening. After this off-season I hope I can get some guys who can help me close the gap (guys I can't or don't user control) and I have a decent idea where I'm going to have to go.

Its extremely important to not be moving at the time of the throw in the pocket too. It will also flash "under pressure" at times and those throws will be off.

Ferny

God I fucking hate Jets fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAYLONFLIP.gif

Top Bottom