• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

BigAT

Toss me a sim win for this week FMT. GQ and I got desynced or something with 30 seconds left when I was up quite a bit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its harder than +75 in my mind. Wellington is still a former superbowl winner regardless of is record. Im confident he'll be back to regular form next season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Its harder than +75 in my mind. Wellington is still a former superbowl winner regardless of is record. Im confident he'll be back to regular form next season.
Thank you my friend for the vote of confidence. I actually struggled with the same issues towards the tail end of Madden 15. There are some things I have to change :(

Smokey

Got the fuck out of Dallas. Major flooding past few days and not much better in Houston. Flights have been a nightmare. Gonna get even worse in a few days because of Patricia :(

LJ11

GG blue, shame I don't understand the mechanics of the game to be competitive. Maybe if understood how the game worked savage wouldn't throw the ball out of bounds by 20 yards.

GG blue, shame I don't understand the mechanics of the game to be competitive. Maybe if understood how the game worked savage wouldn't throw the ball out of bounds by 20 yards.

GG. I know you're being facetious, and that with a half way competent QB you would've run me out of the building today.

Also, the game doesn't list any drops but your receivers caught a ton of downfield passes on well designed plays/hot routes only to drop them. There were a lot of incompletions that were definitely not because of anything but the game deciding they should be.

LJ11

GG. I know you're being facetious, and that with a half way competent QB you would've run me out of the building today.

I'm not taking any credit away from, just nothing I could do. A lot of the errant throws were due to the fact that you were screaming around the edge with Avril, UNDER PRESSURE flashing on the bottom, and Savage was just air mailing the throws. I tried sliding the line too, worked sometime but you were killing my LT. I should have kept it simpler maybe.

Game was ugly, dumb fumbles, your PR getting hit in the head with the punt and bouncing in bounds, lot of dumb shit.

I'm not taking any credit away from, just nothing I could do. A lot of the errant throws were due to the fact that you were screaming around the edge with Avril, UNDER PRESSURE flashing on the bottom, and Savage was just air mailing the throws. I tried sliding the line too, worked sometime but you were killing my LT. I should have kept it simpler maybe.

Game was ugly, dumb fumbles, your PR getting hit in the head with the punt and bouncing in bounds, lot of dumb shit.

Yeah, I mean, I feel like I tried to do some different things on offense and some of it work, some of it didn't but I knew I couldn't just play normal against you.

On defense, I felt like I had a few good plays with Avril, but there was a lot of Savage airmailing open throws and receivers dropping throws it looked like they already had good possession of it. I know I say a lot about the new mechanics being important, but that doesn't mean that I don't believe the game chooses to just fuck you sometimes.

There was also a punt return that I tried to move my returner on and instead he caught it at the 5. What punt returner catches the ball at the 5?

LJ11

Yeah, I mean, I feel like I tried to do some different things on offense and some of it work, some of it didn't but I knew I couldn't just play normal against you.

On defense, I felt like I had a few good plays with Avril, but there was a lot of Savage airmailing open throws and receivers dropping throws it looked like they already had good possession of it. I know I say a lot about the new mechanics being important, but that doesn't mean that I don't believe the game chooses to just fuck you sometimes.

There was also a punt return that I tried to move my returner on and instead he caught it at the 5. What punt returner catches the ball at the 5?

Dude, I went for a sip of water in a game the other week and my returner caught it inside the endzone on a PR. It's stupid, just have to move him the fuck away asap.

brentech

I know I say a lot about the new mechanics being important, but that doesn't mean that I don't believe the game chooses to just fuck you sometimes.
I just played the CPU, was up 31-3 in the 4th quarter. They score touchdown, recover onside kick where 4 of my guys are standing upright and miss the ball. Team scores. They recover another onside kick and score.
24-31
Luckily their 3rd kick came up short had they touched it'd be a penalty, but otherwise I don't think I was going to be able to recover a kick, it's not like the game lets you do much movement during onside recovery.

Before all that, when they got their first TD of the game, WR caught the ball at the 3, but he clearly had 1 foot down and I challenged. Replay CLEARLY shows one foot inbounds, play on field stands. Managed to squeak out a win in a game that I was winning 31-3 with 3 minutes left.
So yeah, I do think the game has it in for you at times.

Sokantish

Carr gives me the same troubles, 90% of deep throws go out of bounds where the WR can never catch it. I was pretty stubborn at the beginning of the season and still tried passes way too often that Carr just couldn't complete.

Started out 1-6 and now that I'm 7-8 I'm gonna miss the playoffs :(

Oh yeah Brent, that reminds me, I had a catch against LJ where I'm not even sure my WR got both feet in bounds. There was no replay so who knows. It was kind of big too because it was on third down.

The game is definitely not entirely deterministic.

LJ11

Oh yeah Brent, that reminds me, I had a catch against LJ where I'm not even sure my WR got both feet in bounds. There was no replay so who knows. It was kind of big too because it was on third down.

The game is definitely not entirely deterministic.

Nah, I think he was in, I pass near the sideline so much I kind of know what's getting called a catch. The pass to Quick was nuts, 3rd down too, ripped a nice 20 yard pass, he literally took two steps and then just let go of the ball. Similar shit happened to you with dropped balls, but your were in traffic, no one was near Quick. I just hit X as much as possible but didn't on that play because he was so open.

Nah, I think he was in, I pass near the sideline so much I kind of know what's getting called a catch. The pass to Quick was nuts, 3rd down too, ripped a nice 20 yard pass, he literally took two steps and then just let go of the ball. Similar shit happened to you with dropped balls, but your were in traffic, no one was near Quick. I just hit X as much as possible but didn't on that play because he was so open.

I was annoyed at the path my defender took after I switched control on that TD. He just went completely haywire. But at the point that happened I realized that so much dumb shit had already happened in the game it was better to just hope for the best and deal with it after.

My second pick was one of those throws where the ball doesn't even go in remotely the direction or trajectory you expect. I mean it was a dangerous throw to begin with, but when something like that happens it doesn't help.

The other two picks were you just being much better at this game than me.

Got the fuck out of Dallas. Major flooding past few days and not much better in Houston. Flights have been a nightmare. Gonna get even worse in a few days because of Patricia :(

How was the drive back? Or I guess it sounds like you flew?

I'm in Abilene right now and I'm done here at about 9:30, so I'm going to be driving till about 1 in the morning and if it rains crazy...might be 2 or 3 :(

Smokey

How was the drive back? Or I guess it sounds like you flew?

I'm in Abilene right now and I'm done here at about 9:30, so I'm going to be driving till about 1 in the morning and if it rains crazy...might be 2 or 3 :(

Flew. Longest 45 minutes ever.

LukeSmith

drizzler i'm around now, should be around for a bit. I know you're looking for the 3pacific/6 est game, that could work for me today (I think?)

DCX

DCX
GG, dcx

But can you please not take so long at the line every time?

I seriously had 4 drives all game.
Ever since the PSN glitch I have lost alot of my saves :/ I went from a vet in Rocket League to a rookie and in Madden my custom books were gone..didn't notice till I started playing and I had to wing it and it took me a while to find plays I was comfortable running.

On a couple of plays I had to call a time out becuase I couldnt snap the ball.

Not intentional boss.

Gg

DCX

Ever since the PSN glitch I have lost alot of my saves :/ I went from a vet in Rocket League to a rookie and in Madden my custom books were gone..didn't notice till I started playing and I had to wing it and it took me a while to find plays I was comfortable running.

On a couple of plays I had to call a time out becuase I couldnt snap the ball.

Not intentional boss.

Gg

DCX

No Prob. It wasn't like that the first game so I didn't understand why you were doing it now.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
AT are you gonna be around for the raid at any point today?

Also: MCNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Phee what time do you want to play tomorrow? I'm busy from 1030a-1130a cst other wise I'm pretty open other than during the Dallas game.
Would it be cool to play before you are busy, at something like 9? Or would it be easier/preferable after you're done with your business? I can play whenever either way, 9 or noon as I watch the Dolphins and MAN CAMPBELL

Somnia

Would it be cool to play before you are busy, at something like 9? Or would it be easier/preferable after you're done with your business? I can play whenever either way, 9 or noon as I watch the Dolphins and MAN CAMPBELL

We can do 9 cst that works for me.

We can do 9 cst that works for me.
Sounds good, although there is a slight chance I might ask to do later (I'll know more as I drive tonight) after you're back because if I get back too late tonight I'm not sure I can function that early, although Sargeant Phx thinks that could be essential to the tank operation

Top Bottom