• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

I get the impression a bunch of people haven't figured out this games "meta" yet. Just a hunch from looking at peoples complaints and seeing the games on twitch. Especially when it comes to the passing game.

I've felt really good with Bradford and its not like his ratings are anything to be impressed about. 1825 yards, 14 td's, 9 ints ( though 5 of those came in one game) in 9 games. It's just important to figure out what works and how

Yeah, this is something I've been saying for awhile now. The game is super balanced towards using the new mechanics and people are stuck in old habits and trying to go against what works this year. There is some wonkiness to the game sure, but not as much as a lot of people want to believe.

Yeah that doesn't work for me. But I do have to do it that way when I restart the game. Continue Franchise has never worked for me.

I have this problem sometimes.

Greg

damn, Sickboy, sorry!

I thought I played well, but the game just did not want you to win at all on the offensive side of the ball - ridiculous amount of bad passes

SickBoy

gg Greg.

Seriously, WTF was that? At the end I was just trying to execute some sort of pass play that would move the ball forward. Even a five-yard route was a struggle (and I think the one I did complete was one of those stupid plays where the receiver comes back and tumbles back for nothing thanks to their momentum). Tight end screen. He falls over as he catches it. Forced a couple of passes, to be sure, but the game was well over before I started playing dumb.

And Chad Henne, coming onto the field and Russell Wilsoning for a touchdown. OMG.

My only complaint about your team, other than that ridiculous play, is that there sure seemed to be a shitload of contact on my wide receivers... most of Brees' misses were misses, but there were a couple where receivers were clearly rubbed off their routes by defenders. I've never seen that happen as much as I did this game. (EDIT: Not that it's your fault!)

Greg

gg Greg.

Seriously, WTF was that? At the end I was just trying to execute some sort of pass play that would move the ball forward. Even a five-yard route was a struggle (and I think the one I did complete was one of those stupid plays where the receiver comes back and tumbles back for nothing thanks to their momentum). Tight end screen. He falls over as he catches it. Forced a couple of passes, to be sure, but the game was well over before I started playing dumb.

And Chad Henne, coming onto the field and Russell Wilsoning for a touchdown. OMG.

My only complaint about your team, other than that ridiculous play, is that there sure seemed to be a shitload of contact on my wide receivers... most of Brees' misses were misses, but there were a couple where receivers were clearly rubbed off their routes by defenders. I've never seen that happen as much as I did this game. (EDIT: Not that it's your fault!)
yeah, they got away with a lot of contact on underneath stuff - the receiver was blanketed the few balls you had on target

I did manually send that guy up the field while scrambling, but the fact that he was able to come in as a sub and land that pass in there perfectly after throwing a terrible ball on his first attempt was insane

DCX

DCX
Ugh...seems like alot of user are experiencing the same issues and seems to be tied to PSN ids. Some guys have said they have two psn ids and one connects and his other doesn't.

Not sure when this will be resolved.

Greg

I don't even know what Madden sounds like

or FIFA

or Rocket League

if the game doesn't have some story or sound cues, I mute it all and listen to music

brentech

you going to watch Shark Tank too?!
Wife usually gets home around 10:15-1030, I try not to be stuck in a game at that point, Madden generally takes an hour give or take.
We should probably watch that though, we've usually enjoyed it at least a bit when we we have seen it.

Birdman02

GG Wellie. My oline loves to hold people.

That one handed catch over the middle by beckham kind of pissed me off. I had decent position with my FS but he short armed it.

Oh shit great game Brent. I didn't think I was going to get in FG range with that wind against me. I didn't think I was going to pull it out with all the mistakes I made that game either. But that was the most intense game I've played all year.

brentech

It was a good game. Against the wind I really didn't think you could make that kick.
When I got that pick in the endzone, I couldn't for the life of me stop my guy from running forward to the 1. I knew that shit was going to happen as I was just playing out of there before you picked me for another chance.
10 point swing in the game is devastating.

First quarter it looked like Charles was going to run all day. Your first drive on 3rd and 1 it looked like i stuffed it 3 yard back and he broke out of a two man tackle. Just shook my head.

Was just happy to make a game of it after that 14-0 start because it was looking too easy for all that.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Wellie. My oline loves to hold people.

That one handed catch over the middle by beckham kind of pissed me off. I had decent position with my FS but he short armed it.

Yeah I got lucky. I was very upset when you committed run and somehow Xavier Rhodes makes it back in time to cut the ball off on the way to Beckham. What's the penalty for run commit when its a pass then?

Birdman02

Yeah I got lucky. I was very upset when you committed run and somehow Xavier Rhodes makes it back in time to cut the ball off on the way to Beckham. What's the penalty for run commit when its a pass then?
Yeah, I didn't mean to or even realize I run committed until the snap. I still don't have the pre-snap controls down. Still trying the same 360 controls and it is causing problems. I shifted the camera about 75 times that game trying to adjust my secondary.

It was a good game. Against the wind I really didn't think you could make that kick.
When I got that pick in the endzone, I couldn't for the life of me stop my guy from running forward to the 1. I knew that shit was going to happen as I was just playing out of there before you picked me for another chance.
10 point swing in the game is devastating.

First quarter it looked like Charles was going to run all day. Your first drive on 3rd and 1 it looked like i stuffed it 3 yard back and he broke out of a two man tackle. Just shook my head.

Was just happy to make a game of it after that 14-0 start because it was looking too easy for all that.

I didn't think I was going to make it either but luckily I got max power on the kick.

Charles had 7 broken tackles listed in the stats most on those first couple of drives. After your big run in the first half I started throwing the ball too much. Charles ended the game with only 14 carries. Most games when he has less than 18-20 carries I usually lose.

If Madden does the tiebreakers correctly I'm pretty sure I clinched the AFC west!

brentech

GMG has Fallout 4 for $46. Kind of regret buying Battlefront because I don't know how much play it will get, but oh well. Fallout will definitely get played. Their games can last forever on PC.
Says it's a unique code, but I have my doubts. Usually their stuff isn't.
Code:
#000008-OO9C1V-2KNUBP

Always hate when games do this, but now that I've unlocked some shit I'm starting to enjoy MGSV more and more. It's natural to need to learn game mechanics and add on top, but that's not really how this works.

Nightz

Emoticon_dac15_cool.gif

Top Bottom