• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

eznark

Banned
Same here... That seems like a mistake. Shipping for the dGPU ones is at like 6-7 weeks now :(

I'll probably go to a Microsoft store and see if I can just get one. I'm going to be in Denver this weekend and am getting there like a full day before my party (I scheduled my flight for Friday instead of Saturday, I are dumb) gets there so I'll need to do something to kill the time.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just a heads up. Vertiginous Golf is free if you grab it in the next 24 hours ago. Its a decent looking mini golf game. I remember it seeming pretty decent from the giantbomb video a while back.

DJ Bowser

McNeilly!

tonight-you2.jpg

I wonder what sort of numbers would need to be put up for Romo or Christine Micheal to overtake Demarco for the MVP. The last Cowboys v Indiginous People scrum was a shootout, so there may be a chance!

That's right, the Top 3 MVP candidates are in the fearsome NFC East.

Splat

Has the android Steam app been garbage for anyone else the past few months? used to be able to message reliably on it, now I get message notifications like a day late if ever.

Random stats:

Soka was sacked 15% of the time he dropped back to pass with Derek Carr.

Jameis Winston was intercepted on 9.9% of passes attempted.

Russell Wilson was intercepted on 9.4% of passes attempted.

Ben Roethlisberger was intercepted on 3.5% of passes attempted.

Tony Romo was intercepted on 4.7% of passes attempted.

Sam Bradford was intercepted on 4.6% of passes attempted.

3 QBs had completions of over 90 yards.

12 QBs were sacked 30 or more times!

Michael Vick was sacked on 13.5% of his drop backs.

Charlie Whitehurst was sacked on 17% of his drop backs.

63 QBs attempted at least 1 pass this season, meaning every team used an average of 1.96 QBs this season.

Teams that only used 1 QB: SEA, NYJ, OAK, SD, DEN, MIN, MIA
Teams that used 3+ QBs: STL, GB, ARI, HOU, NO, TEN, CHI, PHI, CIN, IND, PIT
(I may have missed a few)

SickBoy

So, gentlemen, I think playing out the year confirmed for me that my schedule just isn't friendly enough to Madden league, unfortunately.

Was hoping to go out strong, but I've been on a run of bad luck, and I play the powerhouse DCX tonight or tomorrow with Drew Brees out of commission. So my hopes for a .500 season seem to be on the ropes.

Will scout up the team as much as possible this week so there's a decent body of draft information available. If need be, I can draft/work through free agency based on team needs if there's any fear that all that scouting will disappear as the team changes hands. But then I'd feel much more guilty about any failings through that process ;)

Thanks to everyone who's been able to accommodate my schedule. I don't know if my home life will ever get quieter until my kids are in college, but if my work schedule ever starts to permit later nights, I'll be back...

Mrbob

Boobs (eznark?), gimme your surface book impressions!

I did receive mine today. I5 with the dGPU, what are you looking for? Battery was at about 2 hours out of the box so it is charging right now. I haven't done much with it yet outside of getting all updates.

It is as advertised. The keyboard is great and the touchpad works well. I bought an arc touch surface mouse to use on a desk so I don't know how often I'll use the touch pad.

It almost feels a little top heavy when holding the book in the air but fine once you have it on your lap or on a desk. Default zoom is 200% and I don't see a reason to adjust. Text readability is good.

I heard some complaints on pre release units about power buttons breaking due to needing to be pressed too hard or tough to open when closed. I didn't have either issue.

The pen is better than i expected. I might use that for quick movements around the desktop if I don't feel like getting my mouse out. One note works great, though oddly it isn't installed by default. When I clicked the surface pen to get to one note I got sent to the store page to download it first.

I plan on doing the important thing later tonight, which is install steam so I can try out games and see how they perform.

gravestorm

Neo Member
I did receive mine today. I5 with the dGPU, what are you looking for? Battery was at about 2 hours out of the box so it is charging right now. I haven't done much with it yet outside of getting all updates.

It is as advertised. The keyboard is great and the touchpad works well. I bought an arc touch surface mouse to use on a desk so I don't know how often I'll use the track pad.

It almost feels a little top heavy when holding the book in the air but fine once you have it on your lap or on a desk. Default zoom is 200% and I don't see a reason to adjust. Text readability is good.

I heard some complaints on pre release units about power buttons breaking due to needing to be pressed too hard or tough to open when closed. I didn't have either issue.

The pen is better than i expected. I might use that for quick movements around the desktop if I don't feel like getting my mouse out. One note works great, though oddly it isn't installed by default. When I clicked the surface pen to get to one note I got sent to the store page to download it first.

I plan on doing the important thing later tonight, which is install steam so I can try out games and see how they perform.

Nice!

Sokantish

GG, yeah I got real lucky on that last one. The game is so silly sometimes.

If Melvin Gordon gets OROY over Cooper I am going to be really upset with you, Nightz. Cooper is looking like is going to be AFC's best WR, yet Gordon is #5 top RB!

So, gentlemen, I think playing out the year confirmed for me that my schedule just isn't friendly enough to Madden league, unfortunately.

Was hoping to go out strong, but I've been on a run of bad luck, and I play the powerhouse DCX tonight or tomorrow with Drew Brees out of commission. So my hopes for a .500 season seem to be on the ropes.

Will scout up the team as much as possible this week so there's a decent body of draft information available. If need be, I can draft/work through free agency based on team needs if there's any fear that all that scouting will disappear as the team changes hands. But then I'd feel much more guilty about any failings through that process ;)

Thanks to everyone who's been able to accommodate my schedule. I don't know if my home life will ever get quieter until my kids are in college, but if my work schedule ever starts to permit later nights, I'll be back...

dang. hate to see you go :( thanks for playing out the season brother!

Smokey

If pistol wins, he gets in over the Chargers. And he's playing Luke. Will Luke lay down for his AFC South brethren, or deny him the passage to the post season.

Top Bottom