• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Ferny

Id say rocket league was a better multiplayer experience this year.

also dota

From a FPS point of view, Halo is (granted this is just based off of 2 hours of Multi) the best shooter out now and for the rest of the year.

Rocket league is definitely up there in terms of multiplayer experience as well.

BigAT

CB, do you know if there are any jumping sections in the remainder of that hidden quest? I don't want to waste my time having to wait while some goober misses the jump over and over again, it would be a complete waste of my night
z.

eznark

Banned
I was pretty close to buying an xbox this week until I realized it was the same week as the surface and the band and remembering Halo stinks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
CB, do you know if there are any jumping sections in the remainder of that hidden quest? I don't want to waste my time having to wait while some goober misses the jump over and over again, it would be a complete waste of my night
z.

there is a harder part of that in the first raid which we'd have to go through

Insane that you guys are so up in arms about custom playbooks but ignore legit cheeseball tactics I brought up a few weeks ago.
The only thing I remember was "I hate this game Madden is trash" posts. By the way did you go to Crif Dogs?

In all seriousness I haven't had an issue with any of my opponents. There hasn't been an instance where I rolled my eyes thinking "Oh gee here comes the same fucking play they run everytime they need to convert short and medium" and that's usually the only thing that personally annoys me, along with no huddle at mysterious times. Custom playbook don't bother me unless there's a total of 5 different concepts.

That or Cuttles being Cuttles

Random no huddles ARE pretty annoying. I've noticed a few instances of those at inexplicable times.
The counter argument to that is actual nfl teams might do this from time to time for a variety of reasons, but most of us didn't sign up for a league where we try to exploit that kind of shit.

Poor welli gets no respect. I used a custom playbook all season and I'm sure no one even noticed. Why? Because I'm awful on offense and am not using it to cheese.

DJ Bowser

The counter argument to that is actual nfl teams might do this from time to time for a variety of reasons, but most of us didn't sign up for a league where we try to exploit that kind of shit.
Without clock accel on, the need to no huddle is almost non-existent so anything outside of <2minutes feels like it's trying to exploit something.

I also want to hear Welli's grievances... Especially if they can further the argument for allowing my delectable hybrid playbook.

Without clock accel on, the need to no huddle is almost non-existent so anything outside of <2minutes feels like it's trying to exploit something.

I also want to hear Welli's grievances... Especially if they can further the argument for allowing my delectable hybrid playbook.

It would not

brentech

I only had a couple issues from season 1 this year. Mostly people that play legit, but sneak in some BS because they never get called on it.
GQ does it every time we match up, and then plays dumb like he doesn't know what just happened; like the hurry up with 3 time outs and 8 seconds left. It's not always that issue, but he always does something like that. Last year it was play action canceling and then saying that he read the blitz, therefore it was okay. I think he mainly plays fine until he really needs something and then all rules are out the window.

The only other problem instance I had this year that sticks out is manual MLB blitzing. Mostly because I know it's not a allowed, so even if they crowd the line I simply am not expecting it to happen....then this happens (happened a couple of times in this game):
https://youtu.be/hJxL8ICx638?t=22m

Like the real Browns, I had some really great games this year and came up short at the end, but I enjoy them because the competition is legit. Can't complain about that, but I get grumpy when people clearly cheat me.
salty.gif

Welli's complaint is player motion. It's possibly throwing defense out of whack (man defender not following the motion, zone defender following and leaving his zone empty). I've personally not played anyone that I recall using motion, or I'm too dense to notice.

brentech

I hate how you can't convert Guards to Tackles and such. I started a guard at RT all season, but still annoying. Should be able to place him there, maybe in the off-season I can?

Hard to decide what to draft for the Browns.
During the game it infuriated me because it killed two drives' momentum. After that game it made me start using protections more often so it kind of helped me grow a little bit.
I still forgot to use it from time to time, but when my line isn't holding they did a really good job with that defined role.

I hate how you can't convert Guards to Tackles and such. I started a guard at RT all season, but still annoying. Should be able to place him there, maybe in the off-season I can?

Hard to decide what to draft for the Browns.

There's usually like 1 week during the offseason that lets you change a player to any position. I think it's right after the draft. But last year it destroyed their ratings especially speed and awareness

CB3

I will say if there's a genuine gripe about something that happens in a game, i would prefer you talk to the person or come to FMT or Phee or myself first. Immediately blowing someone up in the thread over something that could be just a misunderstanding is probably not the best course of action under most circumstances. Its something we've all been guilty of in the past!

JABEE

Has anyone else experienced the glitch where you are audibling at the line, and are then unable to snap the ball. I had this happen to me last game. I had to use a timeout.

brentech

Has anyone else experienced the glitch where you are audibling at the line, and are then unable to snap the ball. I had this happen to me last game. I had to use a timeout.

happens from time to time. its one of those instances that somtimes I can recognize and just dont accept the penalty

CB3

GG LJ. That could have been a very different game. I thought you had me on that Savage bomb

LJ11

GG CB. Couldn't block Graham. Robert Quinn does dick, but everyone else gets in on me all day.

Penalties are joke, can't stand that shit.

Your guys dropped a ton of balls CB, I got lucky on some downs. First redzone trip was the death of me. Fucked up some easy tackles too.

GG CB. Couldn't block Graham. Robert Quinn does dick, but everyone else gets in on me all day.

Penalties are joke, can't stand that shit.

probably likely that most penalties we will do away with next season (not offsides or PI i dont think). we'll have to discuss that and some other issues at seasons end. some of the issues i think are worth discussing going into next season:

1. penalties
2. difficulty level + potential sliders?
3. fumble slider (doesn't seem that there were many fumbles across the league, not sure if that bothers anyone or not)
4. injury slider (increase? decrease? just right? didn't seem to be many injuries aside from sim games)

CB3

That was very unlike Graham to do that. I think he had 4-5 sacks all season. I was pretty surprised.

Close game. It was rough for both of us in different ways. Im definitely not feeling super great about it. Could have easily been a loss.

I think fumbles are up this year compared to last years game. Charles maybe fumbled twice in all last year and already has two in this years game. I've also forced a lot more fumbles this year but it probably is still kinda low

I had two injuries all season. Kelce broke his collarbone week one and my kick returner broke something too. But that was it for my team

Top Bottom