• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

on the fumbles, maybe its just my shitty defense then. i had 3 FF all year. i feel like i would get that PER game before! but that was when i had pwill to bail me out. now i just have a common team and look what happens, i can't even make the playoffs :(

LukeSmith

on the fumbles, maybe its just my shitty defense then. i had 3 FF all year. i feel like i would get that PER game before! but that was when i had pwill to bail me out. now i just have a common team and look what happens, i can't even make the playoffs :(

I forced almost no fumbles, I also don't recall having many fumbles. Maybe Frank Gore has 99 CAR, I have no idea.

My team's run blocking sucks or I suck at running
My team's pass rush sucks or I suck at defense

Are sacks down league wide?

I also have no clue how to kick the ball this year. Everyone in the league is a savant with punting and kicking and I can't hit PATs or pin people deep.

Is there some trick to it that I'm missing?

BigAT

Are there individual sliders for each penalty or just a single one for penalties in general? If it's individual, I think we would be fucking nuts not to turn down/off offensive holding. It is the worst, happens completely independent of anything the player does, and occurs at an absolutely absurd rate.

DCX

DCX
I think I forced like 5 fumbles...recovered only one, in the last game of the season against Sickboy and his Saints for 88 yards and a touchdown with Beasley.

TeCo has fumbles four times this season :/ he has had a large work load though.

DCX

BigAT

How come Daddy League doesn't show fumbles :(

If you go into an individual team's stats you can see forced fumbles by player there. That's the only spot I could find it. 3 forced fumbles for me on the year, despite having a pretty good defense.

Tom Brady has the best completion percentage in the league, but has thrown the second most interceptions (40). How does that happen?

Sokantish

probably likely that most penalties we will do away with next season (not offsides or PI i dont think). we'll have to discuss that and some other issues at seasons end. some of the issues i think are worth discussing going into next season:

1. penalties
2. difficulty level + potential sliders?
3. fumble slider (doesn't seem that there were many fumbles across the league, not sure if that bothers anyone or not)
4. injury slider (increase? decrease? just right? didn't seem to be many injuries aside from sim games)

I had too many fumbles happen to me this year!

Are there individual sliders for each penalty or just a single one for penalties in general? If it's individual, I think we would be fucking nuts not to turn down/off offensive holding. It is the worst, happens completely independent of anything the player does, and occurs at an absolutely absurd rate.

I agree with this, holding is really dumb. Plus I never know if I'm going to play against someone that accepts them or not!

you can adjust every penalty on a scale from 0-100 EXCEPT offensive pass interference (which there is only an on or off)

rinse82

Agreed 1000%

I was playing the CPU Jets last night and had at least 7 holding calls, not even exaggerating

like i said, i would be leaning more towards removing the holding/face mask/block in the back penalties. i'm a little iffy on the roughing the passer but maybe that one should be eliminated too. defensive PI should stay and obviously offsides. i dont know about defensive holding though.... i've seen it a few times and it was horse shit

Madden only calls defensive PI if they do the PI animation or the user just tackles the WR. It's never called when the user D actually commits PI which is usually almost every pass play.

yeah, that's true. probably randomly selects when it'll happen just like holding

Pretty much. It happened twice in one of my games. First time I threw it deep in one on one coverage and the AI db just turned around and pushed my wr on probably a 50/50 ball at best. Later in the game I was throwing to my guy running across the middle and the AI player tackled my guy from behind on what would have been a definite catch. I don't remember seeing it happen much after that but it did help me win that game!

Sokantish

Madden only calls defensive PI if they do the PI animation or the user just tackles the WR. It's never called when the user D actually commits PI which is usually almost every pass play.

Yep, it happens so often where a guy is crossing the field and someone bumps him and it completely throws off the route. Which happens to be right when I throw it... so it either goes way off or directly into the defenses hands

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
probably likely that most penalties we will do away with next season (not offsides or PI i dont think). we'll have to discuss that and some other issues at seasons end. some of the issues i think are worth discussing going into next season:

1. penalties
2. difficulty level + potential sliders?
3. fumble slider (doesn't seem that there were many fumbles across the league, not sure if that bothers anyone or not)
4. injury slider (increase? decrease? just right? didn't seem to be many injuries aside from sim games)

Dude I had like 8 fumbles across my last 3 games it was insane. Please don't raise that, I think they fixed it with the last patch

brentech

That's pretty egregious

But pistol did say "my bad" so...I guess its ok.
I had to chuckle at this.
Dude I had like 8 fumbles across my last 3 games it was insane. Please don't raise that, I think they fixed it with the last patch
Yeah, I think it's fine as is.
I think injuries are also fine where it is. Makes someone like Manziel pay for trying to leap over a defender making what could have been the greatest play ever a laugh.

Greg

finished the Driveclub Bikes tour already :((((

wasn't really feeling it though to be honest... controls lacked weight, couldn't really throw the bike around like I was hoping, and there was no real sense of being on the edge like there is with high-tier cars

brentech

finished the Driveclub Bikes tour already :((((

wasn't really feeling it though to be honest... controls lacked weight, couldn't really throw the bike around like I was hoping, and there was no real sense of being on the edge like there is with high-tier cars
I was going to play it and then found out it was a separate purchase. Nope.

Top Bottom