• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The NFC East Superbowl

giphy.gif

BigAT

GG Smokey. Felt like I moved the ball really well on offense but did a shitty job of converting it into points with some rough stalls. Really bad job right before the half by me especially, although it would have been easy if I had an extra timeout. My defense showed up and played well.

My kick returner tore his groin on that 90 yard return, lol.

Smokey

GG Smokey. Felt like I moved the ball really well on offense but did a shitty job of converting it into points with some rough stalls. Really bad job right before the half by me especially, although it would have been easy if I had an extra timeout. My defense showed up and played well.

My kick returner tore his groin on that 90 yard return, lol.

gg

One of my key WRs was hurt in the fucking sim against the chiefs. Had to sign someone off the street and it didn't work out. I probably should have ran more, but for the most part my defense was holding until the big play at the end. The 3 non picks by my guys were deal breakers too. The kick return was a big switch of momentum back to your side, but again they held you to 3 there. Offense was the issue and i'll need to figure out how to attack it in the draft.

congrats to superbowl champ CB! I think i speak for the entire league when I say you finally didn't choke for one despite the fact that you have done it so many times before. Truly, congratulations!

And now, onto more important matters, like the offseason. League has vanced to the re-signing phase.

RE-SIGN YOUR PLAYERS NOW

NEXT VANCE: SUNDAY @ 3:30 PST (OR WHENEVER EVERY TEAM IS CONFIRMED TO HAVE RE-SIGNED THEIR PLAYERS, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST)

I'M ABOUT TO DO SOME TESTS IN A DUMMY LEAGUE TO SEE WHAT THE OTHER VANCE STAGES ARE

RE-SIGN YOUR PLAYERS

RE-SIGN YOUR PLAYERS

RE-SIGN YOUR PLAYERS

Sokantish

Congrats CB!

Farewell Charles Woodson :(

I'm glad Tom Brady is gone, that cheating jerk! Manning is gone too, time for Carr to take over

Sweet retirements:

Jason Peters
Mike Vick
Deangelo Williams
James Harrison
Carson Palmer (lololllllllllllll fleeced by phee!)
Shane Lechler
Matt Bryant
Fred jackson
Steve Smith Sr.
Sebastian Janikowski
Charles Woodson
Tom Brady
Julius Peppers
Eli Manning
Cameron Wake
Robert Mathis
Adam Vinateiri
Peypey

What kind of jobs?

As professional eSports athletes! I was hobnobbing with a bunch of VCs who just bought an eSports team and currently they have no players on it. They've got this 21 year old ex LoL pro player as CEO and he's researching and recruiting guys that they're gonna try to offer contracts to. Apparently just like real sports they have a big free agency period that kicks off on November 16th.

Doesn't the game auto allocate rookie signing money?

If you go to salaries it says Rookie Reserve. Mine is 6.11 million but if you have an early pick I think it might be more

you dont decide that, the game will automatically set aside your rookie money (for instance, when you look at your salaries it will say $50 mil cap space, rookie reserve $6 mil, so you have $44 mil in FA/re-signing cap space)

Thanks friends! I remember one year the game didn't do that so I wasn't sure if they had fixed that.

I have $38 million and a ton of guys to re-sign.

CB3

The game was super close. I felt i had a solid gameplan that i didnt even get to start to work on because he jumped on me really quickly. AT was probably a score away from doing me in. If i had to come from behind from too much more than 10 points Bradford would have probably died. I was able to get some breaks and some solid plays on offense and defense to pull it back in and start using the gameplan i wanted to.

I felt pretty good about how i was playing this year. Ever since i got shitcanned by bowser in week 9 i changed my style of play a bit to make sure that didnt happen again (and havent lost since then), even though i kind of squeaked by the whole time in the playoffs. I dont know that i felt super great about any of my games in the playoffs aside from a quarter here and there.

Thanks for the well wishes, friends. More than anything its nice to get the monkey off my back. It will feel really good to not have to carry that burden through the playoffs anymore. Time to get ready to get #2.

CB3

I gave Bradford alot more than what he was asking for and he still didnt accept. He can eat a dick! im not franchising a 75 OVR QB for 20 mil.

Time for Stephen Morris to take the reins!

luckily I re-signed any major player in the season and I have 15+ scrubs left over who are about to become FA food.

gonna be fun seeing whos up for sale.

I wish I could get rid of Alex Smith. He's making 16-20 mil the next few years on his contract while Charles is only making 6-7. Chiefs are robbing Charles!

Chiefs are done resigning. Only 18 mil left ):

Smokey

Sweet retirements:

Jason Peters
Mike Vick
Deangelo Williams
James Harrison
Carson Palmer (lololllllllllllll fleeced by phee!)
Shane Lechler
Matt Bryant
Fred jackson
Steve Smith Sr.
Sebastian Janikowski
Charles Woodson
Tom Brady
Julius Peppers
Eli Manning
Cameron Wake
Robert Mathis
Adam Vinateiri
Peypey

No fleecing. Palmer got me to the AFC ship, and it's a low 2nd round pick. Was a risk worth taking!

He retired, Lechler, and Nate Washington :(

Re-signed 13 of 24 guys. Sadly I just couldn't find a way to keep T-Jack around for another year.

Of course the question is how many of those 80+ OVR guys did I let escape? Will Bruce Irvin be signing a monster deal with Atlanta in the very near future?

ok i'm making a post doing a dummy walkthrough of the offseason:

Stage 0. Re-sign Players (where we are now)
Stage 1. Sign Free Agents (There is no way to scout at this point that i can see although it says scouting points?)
Stage 2. Sign Free Agents/Scouting Combine (scouting available/COMBINE GRADES ARE NOW SHOWN FOR PLAYERS, THIS GIVES YOU THEIR COMBINE RESULTS SUCH AS 40 TIME ETC. AND RANKINGS THEM AMONGST THEIR PEERS)
Stage 3. LAST WEEK OF FREE AGENCY (Scouting available as well)
Stage 4. Final week of scouting (nothing else to do beyond that)
Stage 5. THE DRAFT (No scouting available, just Free Agent recap and the draft)
Stage 6. Automatically advances to Draft recap after the draft is done. THIS IS ALSO THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN CHANGE A PLAYERS POSITION. I tested it out and some players got an OVR stat boost, others a lowering of their stat when you moved them. When I changed them back to the original position it changed their OVR back so i dont think it really affects any of the ratings.
Step 7: Pre-season

Top Bottom