• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

If you're turning off all other penalties might as well turn off defensive PI and holding cause those are just as random as all the others and are only called when the AI goes into the animations.

If you're turning off all other penalties might as well turn off defensive PI and holding cause those are just as random as all the others and are only called when the AI goes into the animations.

makes me nervous to do that because then you could essentially try to tackle a guy on a deep pass or something. i think i saw literally 1 PI call in all my games i played so i don't think its as bad as holding.

what has everyone else experienced with PI/defensive holding? i also didn't see much at all in all the games i watched

makes me nervous to do that because then you could essentially try to tackle a guy on a deep pass or something. i think i saw literally 1 PI call in all my games i played so i don't think its as bad as holding.

what has everyone else experienced with PI/defensive holding? i also didn't see much at all in all the games i watched

Yeah wasn't thinking about that. I just remembered the few times I saw random PI/holding which only happened in 2-3 games. So yeah it makes sense to leave those on.

I had like 2 PI in my entire season and a few defensive holding.

I'm fine with keeping it in, it seems too dangerous to completely remove that.

Also keep the accel off and give us another minute for a quarter.

brentech

Not sure I ever saw defensive holding. Think I've only seen PI when player took control and hit early, so I see no reason to change that.
In my solo league, I've been testing some all-pro sliders that tune up the difficulty and sliders. Penalties custom as well, and they have a huge impact with small adjustments. You'll actually see WRs break lose by a yard or two down the sideline, then the DB catches up because he grabs the WR while the ball is coming in. It's nice to see, but not something you would want in an online league.
I think holding and clipping were the only real problems I ran into. Even that wasn't the worst thing over the course of the season, but my second game against AT was a real head scratcher. 3-4 holding calls, a block in the back on a punt return where I didn't even catch the ball. And a clipping call that was on the other side of the field. It was brutal.

BigAT

mxPrO5s.gif

FMT if you think you're gonna outbid me for Miller you're horribly mistaken

i don't even want him (i'm sure i could find a use for him though!), but when i saw you were the top bid i figured i'd run up the price. win-win either way!

edit -

ehhh a weekday is probably out of the question unless it's friday...

i don't even want him (i'm sure i could find a use for him though!), but when i saw you were the top bid i figured i'd run up the price. win-win either way!

edit -

ehhh a weekday is probably out of the question unless it's friday...

Friday would work. I'm going to the Clemson/FSU game on Saturday but it'll be a day trip so I'll be gone from like 11am-10pm.

DJ Bowser

Sunday seems ideal!

Drafting on the Sabbath. Our lord Tebow approves!

(Though thank you for at least opening up the idea of 11:30am... Could allow me to get 3 rounds in possibly!)

7 minutes sounds good to me. I had probably the most OT games this season and I think a lot of them would've been different with 1 more minute per quarter.

brentech

I don't remember. There is a listing for Cap Space and another for Money Available or something like that. What's the deal again?

I don't remember. There is a listing for Cap Space and another for Money Available or something like that. What's the deal again?

Cap space (as it's shown on the FA bidding page) = the cap space you have left after your pending bids

Money available = inconsequential for our league (we are not playing owners mode)

Top Bottom