• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Somnia

We should try to get a few people together and run the daily tonight, it's not "easy" but I think we can do it. Plus that gun is pretty awesome.

Smokey

Anyone have a Vizio TV?

Their 4K's are apparently pretty decent, but not sure I can trust. Looking at their 60 inch 4K TV to replace my 55 Bravia

Their M line is the good ine iirc.

Also shake i am glad you're ok. I too was spun out a few years ago on 290. In the rain. Facing oncoming highway traffic. Fucking sucked.

easy is a relative thing. i watched you spend a hour trying to jump across ships.

Only because of the high jumps. I thought that you would jump higher if you waited until the peak of the first jump before double jumping, when you actually jump much higher if you double jump immediately. Makes no sense but whatever!

rinse82

Rinse, not sure how big you wanted the TV but the UN55JU6500FXZA Samsung one is like $1000 regularly and is also a pretty good set.

Thanks AFC East bro - I'm looking for a 60 inch

Got some shopping around to do. Apparently the 60 inch M Vizio is $800 for Black Friday - almost worth getting it delivered to the border and driving down to get lol

Ferny

Smokey when are you getting on Halo man? Haven't done any slayer with you. I can't murk these fools solo for too much longer. I'm getting Diamond players now :(

Thanks AFC East bro - I'm looking for a 60 inch

Got some shopping around to do. Apparently the 60 inch M Vizio is $800 for Black Friday - almost worth getting it delivered to the border and driving down to get lol

Like Az said, maybe there are some concerns with some blurring for most, but using game mode and then adjusting the preset a bit (which took about 5 minutes) it looked great. Watched all of Daredevil in 4k and didn't have an issue playing Destiny, or Witcher on it. For $800, you can't really go wrong.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ok i'm making a post doing a dummy walkthrough of the offseason:

Stage 0. Re-sign Players (where we are now)
Stage 1. Sign Free Agents (There is no way to scout at this point that i can see although it says scouting points?)
Stage 2. Sign Free Agents/Scouting Combine (scouting available/COMBINE GRADES ARE NOW SHOWN FOR PLAYERS, THIS GIVES YOU THEIR COMBINE RESULTS SUCH AS 40 TIME ETC. AND RANKINGS THEM AMONGST THEIR PEERS)
Stage 3. LAST WEEK OF FREE AGENCY (Scouting available as well)
Stage 4. Final week of scouting (nothing else to do beyond that)
Stage 5. THE DRAFT (No scouting available, just Free Agent recap and the draft)
Stage 6. Automatically advances to Draft recap after the draft is done. THIS IS ALSO THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN CHANGE A PLAYERS POSITION. I tested it out and some players got an OVR stat boost, others a lowering of their stat when you moved them. When I changed them back to the original position it changed their OVR back so i dont think it really affects any of the ratings.
Step 7: Pre-season
Can we not advance faster than the posted time? I didnt get a chance to log in yesterday

Smokey

Smokey when are you getting on Halo man? Haven't done any slayer with you. I can't murk these fools solo for too much longer. I'm getting Diamond players now :(

Like Az said, maybe there are some concerns with some blurring for most, but using game mode and then adjusting the preset a bit (which took about 5 minutes) it looked great. Watched all of Daredevil in 4k and didn't have an issue playing Destiny, or Witcher on it. For $800, you can't really go wrong.

Ive played 20 hrs of FFA. Took a break. Youve been going into arena slayer with randoms?

Fernypls

Ferny

Ive played 20 hrs of FFA. Took a break. Youve been going into arena slayer with randoms?

Fernypls

I have and it's been prosperous. Been eating like a Chinese buffet.

I usually have a group with me tho so not always going with randoms, but when I have, it's been fine.

Somnia

I have and it's been prosperous. Been eating like a Chinese buffet.

I usually have a group with me tho so not always going with randoms, but when I have, it's been fine.

I've pretty much been doing slayer with rando's, sucks when people drop. I honestly don't know how I ranked into Gold, I thought I wasn't playing that well, but had a few really good games.

I feel like I'm getting my groove back in Halo finally, just need to keep playing.

Think I'll work on SWAT placement tonight.

Somnia

You're the worst.

Me stomping you in Halo drove you back to that inferior FPS controller! I didn't mean it Smokey.

Guess it's just me and you on xb1 then brother.

You better be on for some Halo tonight! I looked for you on Saturday but didnt see you.

DJ Bowser

But did you have to go after Jeremy Langford as well!

Does anyone have a good site for building a new PC? I need to upgrade before Fallout4 comes out.
I'll likely back out of the Langford business, don't worry.

He was on my roster last year and I only got one chance to resign him and blew it.

Smokey

FO4 wont be paricularly demanding on PC.

rough rundown for purple:

Z170 mobo

Hyper 212 CPU cooler
8gb Ram
Gtx 960-970
512GB SSD
500w-650w PSU
Win10

You're welcome

I'll likely back out of the Langford business, don't worry.

He was on my roster last year and I only got one chance to resign him and blew it.

It's not really a big deal, I need a third RB and he fit my system and had the kind of ratings I wanted. Tebow was cheap and another system fit. There were couple of other cheap options for both so I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

I'm amazed at the bidding war for a guy who was my #3 corner this past season.

FO4 wont be paricularly demanding on PC.

rough rundown for purple:

Z170 mobo

Hyper 212 CPU cooler
8gb Ram
Gtx 960-970
512GB SSD
500w-650w PSU
Win10

You're welcome

Thank you friend Smokey!

Sokantish

It's not really a big deal, I need a third RB and he fit my system and had the kind of ratings I wanted. Tebow was cheap and another system fit. There were couple of other cheap options for both so I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

Thank you friend Smokey!

You had the seahawks! Your number 3 would probably easily be my number 1

Smokey

I would too but 8GB is fine for gaming. Purple if you do a lot of coding or other work on your machine, then 16gb would best.

Im trying to be price sensitive. Otherwise get you a 980TI , predator x34, 5930k, x99, 2TB SSD and get ready to rek

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Its not that he was your #3 corner. Its that he is the top rated corner on the board (atleast for me. that might be a scheme adjusted overall rating)

I would too but 8GB is fine for gaming. Purple if you do a lot of coding or other work on your machine, then 16gb would best.

Im trying to be price sensitive. Otherwise get you a 980TI , predator x34, 5930k, x99, 2TB SSD and get ready to rek

I mean a don't do a lot of game dev at home but I do dabble so I'd definitely jump up to 16 GB. I could probably afford a more expensive machine I'm just not trying to break the bank and I don't spend enough time at the PC at home to justify it anyhow.

You had the seahawks! Your number 3 would probably easily be my number 1

Its not that he was your #3 corner. Its that he is the top rated corner on the board (atleast for me. that might be a scheme adjusted overall rating)

I know, I was joking. I actually tried pretty hard to re-sign him because he has good coverage ratings and he got a lot of picks (because people threw at him a lot). I'm sure if I had let Mebane and Irvin go they'd be generating a ton of interest as well. I looked through the other guys to see who was left and no one really provides what Lane does. Alas.

The CB thirst is real. I franchise tagged fucking William Gay.

I mean hasn't it kind of always been this way? I think I spent more of the season with 3 corners on the field than with 3 line backers.

I only kept Irvin because on passing downs I slide him to defensive end and then slide Michael Bennett to DT for a nice pass rush combo.

I mean hasn't it kind of always been this way? I think I spent more of the season with 3 corners on the field than with 3 line backers.

I only kept Irvin because on passing downs I slide him to defensive end and then slide Michael Bennett to DT for a nice pass rush combo.

Moving a linebacker to defensive end on passing downs is ok? You have no excuse for this no custom playbooks shit, fmt!

HOW COULD YOU

I moved my old LB's who have shit speed to DE too, although they are hardly good as defensive ends, that have really bad block shedding or any type of pass rush skills

He had a whopping 2 sacks. I've played Bruce Irvin at defensive end on passing downs pretty much since he got moved to LBer because its something Seattle does in real life and otherwise he's worthless since I almost always have to play out of the nickel.

Top Bottom