• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm pretty sure most 3-4 defenses move the outside linebacker to DE in nickle and dime packages.

DJ Bowser

Automatically does it in all of my non-base formations. How is this at all related to cherry picking money plays?
Who has been cherry-picking money plays though?

Given the lack of complaints about nearly anyone in the league and the amount of people who were using them, it seems like a non-issue.

It's okay though, I've embraced the NE playbook!

Sokantish

Given the lack of complaints about nearly anyone in the league and the amount of people who were using them, it seems like a non-issue.

TLBB ruined it for everyone! Everyone should just switch to PHI playbook, it's like a custom playbook but you don't have to scroll all the way to the end to find it

Seattle is 4-3

I sub my faster cb to the slot in quarters (instead of a safety). I also make other subs to keep fatigue down. Nothing cheesy about it. A OLB at end isn't some outrageous thing in a pass rush situation

Problem solved then!

DJ Bowser

I sub my faster cb to the slot in quarters (instead of a safety). I also make other subs to keep fatigue down. Nothing cheesy about it. A OLB at end isn't some outrageous thing in a pass rush situation

Problem solved then!
As long as I make the right free agency and draft moves to fit my schematic plans.

America's Team is going back to the top!

Seattle is 4-3

But in real life Seattle runs a 4-3 with a lot of 3-4 concepts and also generally has one defensive end in a stand up position on pass rushes in what they call a "Leo" role.

I mean I didn't do it all season as Michael Bennett is a pretty good defensive end in his own right. Its just a thing I attempted later in the season.

But in real life Seattle runs a 4-3 with a lot of 3-4 concepts and also generally has one defensive end in a stand up position on pass rushes in what they call a "Leo" role.

I mean I didn't do it all season as Michael Bennett is a pretty good defensive end in his own right. Its just a thing I attempted later in the season.

In real life coaches get to build their own playbooks, as well. I'm just calling out fmt on what he considers cheese and what he thinks is fine. I should have known it's 100% based on what he does himself.

Colasante

Damn, I didn't want Jerod Mayo to hit free agency. That's what I get for not checking the thread over the weekend. Hopefully I can sign him back.

CB3

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Here's the actual deal: SF is trading Vernon Davis and a 2016 7th-round pick to Denver for a 6th in 2016 and a 6th in 2017, per sources.

BLOW IT ALL UP

rDLsr4u.gif

CB3

i sent him a message. he asked me where they traded him to, then said "lol"

Thats without me telling him they got a ham sandwich for him.

CB3

I'm at 290 even, we can run the daily and try to get that sniper before the raid if you want, or anyone else? Need 3 of us to do it.

Im about to run it with AT and Grave. Depending on how hard it is i wouldnt mind doing it again for other people.

did you make it up past 290? Thats gonna start to be really important very quickly.

CC: Az

I'm not 290. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one from our group who got nothing from the raid. Which sucks because I needed it the most. Did a heroic strike last night and also got nothing. I'll try again tonight but I won't be available until after my son goes to bed at 8

reminder on the off-season schedule:

ok i'm making a post doing a dummy walkthrough of the offseason:

Stage 0. Re-sign Players (where we are now) - Vancing from this stage Sunday @ 3:30
Stage 1. Sign Free Agents (There is no way to scout at this point that i can see although it says scouting points?) - vancing from this stage monday @ 4 pm pst
Stage 2. Sign Free Agents/Scouting Combine (scouting available/COMBINE GRADES ARE NOW SHOWN FOR PLAYERS, THIS GIVES YOU THEIR COMBINE RESULTS SUCH AS 40 TIME ETC. AND RANKINGS THEM AMONGST THEIR PEERS) - vancing from this stage tuesday @ 4 pm pst
Stage 3. LAST WEEK OF FREE AGENCY (Scouting available as well) - vancing from this stage wednesday @ 4 pm pst
Stage 4. Final week of scouting (nothing else to do beyond that) - vancing from this stage RIGHT BEFORE THE DRAFT (Saturday @ 12 pm pst)
Stage 5. THE DRAFT (No scouting available, just Free Agent recap and the draft) - DRAFT IS @ 12 PM PST NEXT SATURDAY, 11/7
Stage 6. Automatically advances to Draft recap after the draft is done. THIS IS ALSO THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN CHANGE A PLAYERS POSITION. I tested it out and some players got an OVR stat boost, others a lowering of their stat when you moved them. When I changed them back to the original position it changed their OVR back so i dont think it really affects any of the ratings.
Step 7: Pre-season

LEAGUE VANCED

next vance: tomorrow sometime between 4 - 4:30 pst

league signings:

anquan boldin - jags
james develin - cowboys
james ihedigbo - colts
brian quick - titans
jah reid - vikings
alan ball - vikings
adam jones - raiders
phillip wheeler - pats
cj wilson - cards
courtney upshaw - falcons

and some other trash! i dont care!

best names i see in the draft, by frenchmovietheme

farrington duncan - farrington is a cool first name
keelyan stills - sounds like a key & peele sketch name
jordan hendrix - michael jordan and jimmy hendrix fucked, this is their child (but he's white)
antavio hill - lol antavio wtf
risean baldwin - risean up!
joita ratliff - wtf joita?
lewellyn griffin - a fan of no country for old men i see!
darenton kitchens - you bess dare not come in this kitchen!
jordunn bars - jordunnnnnnnnnnn
CJ Boatwright - mortal enemy of bill cartwright!
Duncan Duncan - duran duran doesn't have a monopoly on two of the same name!
rodriguez ward - damn if your first name is rodriguez you're a badass
ono beasley - mother. fuckin. ono!

Top Bottom