• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

None of this stuff is doable through the website right? (is there even a website anymore?) Loading up Madden always feels like such a damn chore.

Ready to advance.

shockingly, tiburon has managed to REGRESS in the online functionality of the game over the years. i mean how is it that NCAA had a fully functioning website where you could easily scout and go over all that shit but in madden i feel luckily if EA's shitty site doesn't freeze on me loading a stat? that is the reason i did daddy leagues. wish they could have figured out how to simulate that functionality on their site

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
shockingly, tiburon has managed to REGRESS in the online functionality of the game over the years. i mean how is it that NCAA had a fully functioning website where you could easily scout and go over all that shit but in madden i feel luckily if EA's shitty site doesn't freeze on me loading a stat? that is the reason i did daddy leagues. wish they could have figured out how to simulate that functionality on their site

They used to have the madden app that pinged you when your league advanced and even thats gone for some reason.

They used to have the madden app that pinged you when your league advanced and even thats gone for some reason.

oh yeah. i remember i used to get a text message with the score anytime a game had been completed and also a text notice when all games had been completed

BigAT

Plus the NCAA recruiting stuff was far better years and years ago than the Madden scouting is today.

brentech

Enjoying this season of Fargo more than the first at this point I think. Didn't realize this was a prequel until episode 2 when I was on IMDb and realized the little girl was Molly.

Enjoying this season of Fargo more than the first at this point I think. Didn't realize this was a prequel until episode 2 when I was on IMDb and realized the little girl was Molly.

i loved the first season and i think this one is even better. mike milligan is fucking awesome. he dominates every scene he is in

fargo-woodbine.jpg

LukeSmith

I'd prefer Saturday.

How do you guys feel about the draft/combine stuff? I'm pretty mixed on it, I'll take a longer look over the next few days, but I did enjoy looking at certain traits that I wanted in players.

Ball Carrier Vision is a trait that no one really gives a shit about, but the more backs I played with in MUT, I started to notice a difference, especially running up the gut. You get some nice animations with BCV, squeeze through line a bit, push off a linemans back, it's really noticeable after you experiment with various backs.

I honestly don't understand it at all this year.

I'd prefer Saturday.

How do you guys feel about the draft/combine stuff? I'm pretty mixed on it, I'll take a longer look over the next few days, but I did enjoy looking at certain traits that I wanted in players.

Ball Carrier Vision is a trait that no one really gives a shit about, but the more backs I played with in MUT, I started to notice a difference, especially running up the gut. You get some nice animations with BCV, squeeze through line a bit, push off a linemans back, it's really noticeable after you experiment with various backs.

I'm just happy I get to see only three major stats and a bunch of combine stuff instead of the actual stats I wanna see.

Like, who actually wants to see the wanted stats that you need for your position!?

rinse82

1st round - 27
2nd Round - 12,27
3rd round - 12,27

Those are my picks in the first three rounds if anyone wants to talk deals

**THIS IS THE 1 HOUR WARNING! WHATEVER THE VOTE IS 1 HOUR FROM NOW WILL BE FINAL! VOTE, CHANGE, DON'T VOTE, DON'T CHANGE I DON'T GIVE A FUCK BUT IN 1 HOUR IT'S FINAL!**

Draft time tally:

Friday @ 7 pm pst: 12 (gqman, fmt, mcneily, bowser, splat, smokey, pheeniks, drizzler, az, rinse, cb, crimson)

Saturday @ 11:30 am pst: 13 (trasher, LJ, cola, wellington, tlbb, greg, brent, dcx, Somnia, soka, luke, bluemax, ferny)

Sunday @ 9 am pst: 3 ( eznark, bird, dm)

rinse82

**THIS IS THE 1 HOUR WARNING! WHATEVER THE VOTE IS 1 HOUR FROM NOW WILL BE FINAL! VOTE, CHANGE, DON'T VOTE, DON'T CHANGE I DON'T GIVE A FUCK BUT IN 1 HOUR IT'S FINAL!**

Draft time tally:

Friday @ 6 pm pst: 11 (fmt, mcneily, bowser, splat, smokey, pheeniks, drizzler, az, rinse, cb, crimson)

Saturday @ 11:30 am pst: 13 (trasher, LJ, cola, wellington, tlbb, greg, brent, dcx, Somnia, soka, luke, bluemax, ferny)

Welp - CPU draft for me then

I'm just happy I get to see only three major stats and a bunch of combine stuff instead of the actual stats I wanna see.

Like, who actually wants to see the wanted stats that you need for your position!?

i like it better that way this year. i mean i know it's a videogame and whatever, and having to check the combine times (that aren't easily sortable!) can be a pain, but i feel there is a little bit more of a reward for researching the players. last year i could scout like a handful of guys with major stat notices. this year, i've been able to scout just about everyone i wanted to so i'm not playing such a guessing game late in the draft because i could only affford to scout a few guys

None of this stuff is doable through the website right? (is there even a website anymore?) Loading up Madden always feels like such a damn chore.

Ready to advance.

There is a website. You can spend XP on it but not much else for player management.

This and the mobile app were supposed to be part of that team I interviewed for. I wonder if that team even exists. Hmm, it is still listed on their careers site so I guess it does.

Draft time tally:

Friday @ 7 pm pst: 13 (pistol, gqman, fmt, mcneily, bowser, splat, smokey, pheeniks, drizzler, az, rinse, cb, crimson)

let's be real

who wants to wait more than 1 day to do this shit

although I do recall moving it by an hour would help a few like somnia and rinse

CB3

Draft time tally:

Friday @ 7 pm pst: 12 (gqman, fmt, mcneily, bowser, splat, smokey, pheeniks, drizzler, az, rinse, cb, crimson)

If you're moving it to 7 you might wanna extend the vote timer a bit

If you're moving it to 7 you might wanna extend the vote timer a bit

well i didn't think most of the people who voted saturday said "well i would do friday if it were an hour later, so instead i'll do saturday" but i guess it is a fair point.

the purpose of this isn't a day winning or losing or fitting into someones schedule, i want to get as many people at the draft as possible.

CB3

Just to reiterate, the PlayStation streaming app on Android would work great for drafting if you are away from home and can look at your phone here and there

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
you guys are nuts. Prime hangout times of Friday night and Saturday afternoon is when you guys want to do this instead of the obvious Sunday morning when we are all just going to watch football. I do not understand.

The Giants #10 pick is available if anyone wants to trade up.

Top Bottom