• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Greg

weird, I just clicked join so I could send you an invite and you were already in the lobby - got no notification or anything!

DCX

DCX
Gg man! I had nothing going.. Defense can only do so much. You hit so many big plays and everyone I attempted didn't work out.

Good luck the rewt of the way. Well. First loss already!

DCX

GG Dcx. I thought it was going to be a blowout after I threw two picks early but luckily my defense played amazing that game. I hope Matt Ryan isn't out for long!

Ferny

Good game Greg. Your defense was pretty damn good.

It was bad enough having to compensate for Geno's boneheaded shit (like that last INT he threw right to your guy) but then my WRs couldnt catch a thing. Got super frustrating at the end.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Brent, it always throws me off when someone does something that I perceive to be breaking the rules, that was the case at the end of the first half. 21 unanswered did me in. Probably also not the best time to try a new defensive PB, and my back 7 still stinks. Also my first time really trying to not use DL play. Recipe for defensive disaster.

I loved what I saw from my ground game as a positive. The slow developing still suck but the quick hitters had gaping holes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The first pick got me pissed off as well, Dansby engages the TE because he is in his zone but then is able to break off and anticipate the pass to another receiver. I sat there like:
EGi8ugU.png

brentech

GG Brent, it always throws me off when someone does something that I perceive to be breaking the rules, that was the case at the end of the first half. 21 unanswered did me in. Probably also not the best time to try a new defensive PB, and my back 7 still stinks. Also my first time really trying to not use DL play. Recipe for defensive disaster.

I loved what I saw from my ground game as a positive. The slow developing still suck but the quick hitters had gaping holes.

ZNqa7gD.gif

Since I had to cut the stream since you were watching it and lagging the game out, I saved live highlights so you can see with your own eyes that I only press triangle!
Manziel lit you up more times than he's done coke off a hookers ass, so I can truly understand where you're coming from though. Usually if I have a small lead he can't hit the broad side of a barn to help me sustain a drive. He was on point all game. I can't complain for 1 week.

Will post highlight reel in a bit.

eznark

Banned

subtle

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That type of stuff doesn't upset you guys? The next series was the dansby play and then the series after that was me forcing the ball in since I was off-kilter and already down 14-3. Can't risk tanking Nassib's confidence. I could throw 4 ints with Eli and he'd still be 90+ confidence.

I was doing shots of sake each time I passed for a first down, I had to stop after six.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
That type of stuff doesn't upset you guys? The next series was the dansby play and then the series after that was me forcing the ball in since I was off-kilter and already down 14-3. Can't risk tanking Nassib's confidence. I could throw 4 ints with Eli and he'd still be 90+ confidence.

Id give most people the benefit of the doubt if it seemed like something questionable happened.

If said person doesnt fall under "most people", id be even more motivated to play better and win.

eznark

Banned
I've watched it like 8 times since the blu ray came out. I told my daughter it's my favorite so whenever it's her turn to pick she picks Aladdin for daddy. Kid is so fucking great!

I was doing shots of sake each time I passed for a first down, I had to stop after six.

I'd be pretty shocked if Brent cheated.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Id give most people the benefit of the doubt if it seemed like something questionable happened.

If said person doesnt fall under "most people", id be even more motivated to play better and win.

Yeah after thinking about the play and who I was playing I figure if something did happen it wasn't intentional, but I gave up 21 points so fast I was sunk already by the time I calmed down. Aside from the late first half meltdown the team actually looked like I wanted it to. I know I am going to have defensive problems so I just have to control the ball with running and high percentage passing plays

brentech

The game can upset me. Blaming someone that's completely against moving a WR while the ball is up for grabs is another. Know your audience. There are times I've freaked the shit out cause I hit the wrong button and switch to a WR out of panic, but otherwise I simply don't do it.

Game is trash. You basically had to deal with Manziel's average play working for you. I got lucky and Manziel played his 1 out of every 10 games where he looks like a real QB throwing more than 5 yards so I kept taking it until it stopped.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The game can upset me. Blaming someone that's completely against moving a WR while the ball is up for grabs is another. Know your audience. There are times I've freaked the shit out cause I hit the wrong button and switch to a WR out of panic, but otherwise I simply don't do it.

Game is trash. You basically had to deal with Manziel's average play working for you. I got lucky and Manziel played his 1 out of every 10 games where he looks like a real QB throwing more than 5 yards so I kept taking it until it stopped.

I'm not blaming you, I just got way too frazzled. FInishing 6-10 last season has me over thinking everything now since I want to do better. If I can't do any better defensively than this game I am going to be sunk, but it was my first time playing LB/S and I was feeling pretty good after those shots in the first half. Sorry if it came across negative

CB3

Funny enough, i think dota has taught me to quell my emotions a bit and not tilt as easily during Madden as i used to in prior years. It feels like its been super helpful.

brentech

Stream was either causing lag or the viewing of it was, either way, I turned it off and for the most part everything was snappy again.
Plays are not in the correct chronological order.

Browns vs Giants Highlights
First play is the one that apparently got Welli flustered. I saw the 1 man deep with no one right on him and lobbed it figuring it'd be a pick, but I wanted to give it a shot...got lucky. You can see Gordon just continues his perfect route, un touched.
My save of Giants second rushing TD was clipped too short so it's not in there, and I saved my 2nd TD to Gordon too late so the clip was literally just him laying in the endzone (I have 1 min game play recording on to make them easy to trim). The play itself was a seam route, ball caught, spun around first defender to pick up the last five and fall between a couple defenders for the TD.

Sokantish

Chris Mortensen @mortreportEA
Hearing that A. Foster was in the middle of an interview when he was told he was cut by #Texans.

Wow Smokey, that's messed up

Somnia

I'm attempting this too this season, it should be a major disaster.

Stream was either causing lag or the viewing of it was, either way, I turned it off and for the most part everything was snappy again.
Plays are not in the correct chronological order.

Browns vs Giants Highlights
First play is the one that apparently got Welli flustered. I saw the 1 man deep with no one right on him and lobbed it figuring it'd be a pick, but I wanted to give it a shot...got lucky. You can see Gordon just continues his perfect route, un touched.
My save of Giants second rushing TD was clipped too short so it's not in there, and I saved my 2nd TD to Gordon too late so the clip was literally just him laying in the endzone (I have 1 min game play recording on to make them easy to trim). The play itself was a seam route, ball caught, spun around first defender to pick up the last five and fall between a couple defenders for the TD.

this is a great throw and there was no manual control of the WR there

Birdman02

Trasher, I can play at like 11est tonight or anytime after. If that doesn't work I should be available pretty much anytime tomorrow.

CB3

Impossible to keep up with all these changes!

That could work I think unless we're raiding in Destiny. Either way hit me up. I might be on or message me here.

Im assuming you dont have AZ in your raid party so that should only take 10 minutes, tops!

Top Bottom