• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
38qTr8I.gif

Never thought I would see the day where somebody motions their HB out wide in a single back set, motions them back into formation and then moves a WR to the opposite end of the field for a simple HB draw

But today was that day

GG AT. That lucky pick six made all the difference.

Garoppolo magic!

It was some type of magic alright

James Jones: Complete ACL Tear

Length: 11 weeks

da fuck? In what universe does a COMPLETE ACL TEAR take only 11 weeks to heal? What's Somnia doing, dosing it with deer antler spray?

James Jones: Complete ACL Tear

Length: 11 weeks

da fuck? In what universe does a COMPLETE ACL TEAR take only 11 weeks to heal? What's Somnia doing, dosing it with deer antler spray?

im not sure, he was out 48 weeks for that and when i turned off injuries to sim pre-season i thought it would have erased his injury but i guess not?

as for what happened tonight, i didn't see it but i heard about it. i already talked to cola about it via pm but this goes for everyone: please keep this manual motioning shit to a minimum. here and there fine, but doing a shit load of manual motioning back and forth on every drive, motioning your RB out of the backfield to lineup in the slot.... that's not what i want to see in the league.

i hate calling all this shit out because it comes down to OH GREAT CAPTAIN NO FUN IS TELLING ME HOW TO PLAY AGAIN! but it not so much about that as it is some of this shit i feel breaks the defense and you're using it as an advantage in that manner rather than getting some type of favorable matchup.

so again i say, as i've always said: just play straight up and stop pulling shit that is better left for randoms doing anything it takes to win. please!

you guys weren't in the league at the time, but there was another guy GQuinton who was a big panthers fan. well, he had a defensive injury to jon beason (when beason was like a high 90's LB) and it said "Injury - Fractured Spine, out for career" and it panned to a cutscene with him sitting on the bench with him shaking his head back and forth. fucking awesome

Ferny

you guys weren't in the league at the time, but there was another guy GQuinton who was a big panthers fan. well, he had a defensive injury to jon beason (when beason was like a high 90's LB) and it said "Injury - Fractured Spine, out for career" and it panned to a cutscene with him sitting on the bench with him shaking his head back and forth. fucking awesome
I remember that day. Great day

Blue I can still definitely play at 10 ET or so but are you flexible within that hour? I'm still doing a little bit of work and wanted to eat a bit, so I'm basically wondering if you're around and I can shoot you a message on steam that you'd be able to see within 10-15 minutes? (between 10-11 ET)

You play the packers this week (Somnia, I think?)

I play the redskins. Can you play tonight, McNeilly?

birdman needs to make his debut at the Hyrule Fieldhouse

although we've taken two Ls already and I want to delete the club

Birdman02

Blue I can still definitely play at 10 ET or so but are you flexible within that hour? I'm still doing a little bit of work and wanted to eat a bit, so I'm basically wondering if you're around and I can shoot you a message on steam that you'd be able to see within 10-15 minutes? (between 10-11 ET)

birdman needs to make his debut at the Hyrule Fieldhouse

although we've taken two Ls already and I want to delete the club
I'm definitely down for some pro am tonight!

Edit: speaking of 2k...is there any way to change your teammates numbers in my career or do I just have to request a trade? Jarrett jack is hogging my #2.

I'm definitely down for some pro am tonight!

Edit: speaking of 2k...is there any way to change your teammates numbers in my career or do I just have to request a trade? Jarrett jack is hogging my #2.
You gotta request a trade and make sure the place you're going hasn't retired it too
Although I think tonight is Alabama night since last night was hyrule night

ok, I got a TD, fuck this shit, we can try later tonight or tomrrow or Wed.

Never had the internet be this bad here before. I can't even stream a madden game without it stuttering and buffering.

Do you have the type of dorm connection where it's better in off hours?

If off hours exist in college

I've never had it this bad, the LAN connection was fucking horrid and it's never like that.

Colasante

im not sure, he was out 48 weeks for that and when i turned off injuries to sim pre-season i thought it would have erased his injury but i guess not?

as for what happened tonight, i didn't see it but i heard about it. i already talked to cola about it via pm but this goes for everyone: please keep this manual motioning shit to a minimum. here and there fine, but doing a shit load of manual motioning back and forth on every drive, motioning your RB out of the backfield to lineup in the slot.... that's not what i want to see in the league.

i hate calling all this shit out because it comes down to OH GREAT CAPTAIN NO FUN IS TELLING ME HOW TO PLAY AGAIN! but it not so much about that as it is some of this shit i feel breaks the defense and you're using it as an advantage in that manner rather than getting some type of favorable matchup.

so again i say, as i've always said: just play straight up and stop pulling shit that is better left for randoms doing anything it takes to win. please!

Is it a game-breaking play? I don't see why it's an issue, it's not like I'm trying to mess with the defense. I use it often because it's how the real life Patriots offense works, and I don't motion RBs into the slot, I motion them wide to get defenders away from the middle of the field since most of my offense occurs there.

Blue, just in case it got lost in a sea of messages, are you flexible in the next hour or would you like to go right at 9?

I'm wrapping stuff up but was hoping to get dinner and a quick walk for my dog before we play, but if you want to go in 10 minutes I can do that too. Just let me know. I can message you on steam if you'll be around

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Why can't they just let me say hey I want to spend all 70 prep points on this one guy? Instead I have to go through like 8 menus 7 times. -_-

Is it a game-breaking play? I don't see why it's an issue, it's not like I'm trying to mess with the defense. I use it often because it's how the real life Patriots offense works, and I don't motion RBs into the slot, I motion them wide to get defenders away from the middle of the field since most of my offense occurs there.

real life doesn't = madden. trust me its an issue. just stop doing it

GG smokey Alex Smith had a career game. The Texans D didn't know what to do!

First Doolittle and now Landrum it doesn't fucking matter cause they can't handle that Chiefs D!

You did user blitz with a LB for a sack once I'm sure it was just a mistake since it was only that one play.

Damn my rookie Tahj Robinson had 187 yards on 17 recs and 3 TDs.

Smokey

GG smokey Alex Smith had a career game. The Texans D didn't know what to do!

First Doolittle and now Landrum it doesn't fucking matter cause they can't handle that Chiefs D!

You did user blitz with a LB for a sack once I'm sure it was just a mistake since it was only that one play.

No real explanation for that game tbh. My defenders were doing things they haven't done in the entirety of M16 (outside of my user errors).

I sometimes forget Landrum is left handed and that fucks me especially on PA. That's what happened on the pick when this motherfucker did a 720.

No real explanation for that game tbh. My defenders were doing things they haven't done in the entirety of M16 (outside of my user errors).

Landrum is also left handed and that fucks me some time especially on PA. That's what happened on the pick when this motherfucker did a 720.

Lol yeah knew something funny happened that play. I didn't even notice he was left handed.

fun game FMT - losing that one hurts though. tough ass sched, I need to get them when I can.

gg my man. kap hurt me with some bad throws (the 2nd pick wasn't a bad throw, but i was expecting torrey to be there but he got subbed out! of course, the wr i had there doesn't have very good routerunning and didn't get to the spot in time) but he also saved me with his running! lesean "the boy" mccoy is a dangerous man O_O

also, going back to the sub thing, is anyone else noticing any fatigue issues? it was brought up here in the thread by AT and then in the chat. i didn't really notice it but after it was mentioned i did notice a few times my guys went out that i wouldn't normally expect (torrey smith). i checked the sliders and fatigue is at 50 (which is default and it has always been there) so i'm not sure. i guess just watch for it and i will adjust the fatigue higher if needed

Smokey

gg my man. kap hurt me with some bad throws (the 2nd pick wasn't a bad throw, but i was expecting torrey to be there but he got subbed out! of course, the wr i had there doesn't have very good routerunning and didn't get to the spot in time) but he also saved me with his running! lesean "the boy" mccoy is a dangerous man O_O

also, going back to the sub thing, is anyone else noticing any fatigue issues? it was brought up here in the thread by AT and then in the chat. i didn't really notice it but after it was mentioned i did notice a few times my guys went out that i wouldn't normally expect (torrey smith). i checked the sliders and fatigue is at 50 (which is default and it has always been there) so i'm not sure. i guess just watch for it and i will adjust the fatigue higher if needed

Yep.

You should definitely adjust it a bit.

I sometimes forget Landrum is left handed and that fucks me especially on PA. That's what happened on the pick when this motherfucker did a 720.

you can edit him to make him a right hander with no penalty in stats

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah i dunno that im super ok with switching your QB's throwing hand. I dealt with Vick as a lefty for years and had to adjust.

Top Bottom