• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

BigAT

No, when you guys are on you are going the raid! And last time I joined up with you guys to do something I got motes of light or some shit.

I'll run it tonight quick with you if you want. The heroic strike playlist or whatever is good to run once a week too to get a legendary engram. Hardly a sure shot to improve your gear, but it's worth a shot.

brentech

Last night after I missed dota, I joined a heroic strike and got lucky enough to join as they were working on the boss. Saves a lot of time!
Got a couple legendary engrams but they were insta trashed.
What level of weapon is it reasonable to sink marks into to upgrade? All my weapons right now are rares.

Nightz

Nightfall helps but it's kind of a crapshoot at this point. I haven't gotten anything good from it since they made their "improvements". I think 284 is good enough to start the raid and hopefully get drops that will bring you over 290. Pretty sure that's what Az did. Oryx is tough at 290, but some of us are over 300 now so we can probably offset the difference.

Edit: Also, get a lot of 3 of Coins when Xur is around and use them when you run the strike playlists.

Somnia

Shut up! Can't even play a game of Halo with your oldest friend!

I saw you on yesterday but didnt want to disturb your TR game. I only played a couple matches then got back on TR. Should be on tonight again. Gonna save FO4 for the weekend.

Ya I should hopefully beat TR today and then FO all weekend myself.

Just finished the 7th tomb, I know where the 8th is but cant get in yet... no clue on the final tomb.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yet to RTS fans who were fortunate enough to play Kohan, Wardell’s reference is music to the ear. Kohan remains a fascinating RTS experiment, an evolutionary branch of the genre that was tragically ignored in favor of more lavishly-produced, conventional fare. One of its key innovations, and one that Ashes borrows, was to make armies, not individual units or control groups, the unit scale that players controlled.

So while Ashes might look like a game about commanding absolutely bonkers numbers of units, appearances are deceiving. While you always have the option to micro-manage small clusters of units yourself, most of the game is spent commanding a handful of armies comprised of dozens or hundreds of units.

It’s an important difference, Wardell insists, because a control group is a different beast from an army, in terms of AI. “See, the problem with a control group is that you still end up with the case where someone at the edge of your control group is getting killed and the rest of your guys are just standing there.

“But when it’s an actual meta-unit, if you’re nailing someone on the end of the line, someone else is coming over. If someone needs some health, he’s going to get healed because there’s a healing unit as part of the overall group. As opposed to it saying, ‘Sorry, you’re five pixels outside of my zone, so you’re just going to die.'”

Because an army kind of behaves a single collective entity, it will fight differently depending on its composition in order to maximize its efficiency. To help them do that, they receive subtle buffs based on their composition to help them play a specialized role if necessary.

I agree that it made Kohan a little more special. The number of unit combinations and buffs possible made it totally unpredictable if you were creative enough or playing with someone that was. Combine the unit bonuses with terrain and other timed bonuses, the possibilities were amazing.

Shit I'll probably fire it up tonight. I spent endless hours in that game.

Smokey

Ya I should hopefully beat TR today and then FO all weekend myself.

Just finished the 7th tomb, I know where the 8th is but cant get in yet... no clue on the final tomb.

Went to Best Buy to pick up TR reservation -- found out i some how choose shipping and not store pick up. They gave me some fuking card board TR flip out pre order cut out for pick up FOH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyfdcoocex8

I agree that it made Kohan a little more special. The number of unit combinations and buffs possible made it totally unpredictable if you were creative enough or playing with someone that was. Combine the unit bonuses with terrain and other timed bonuses, the possibilities were amazing.

Shit I'll probably fire it up tonight. I spent endless hours in that game.

I still have a copy of Kohan on one of my old hard drives.

rinse82

I've narrowed it down between the Vizio M60 and the Samsung 60JU7100. The Samsung is likely at least $500 more, and I'm not sure it's $500 better than the Vizio. I only hesitate on the Vizio because of the potential motion blur for fast-paced stuff like Sports, which I watch a lot of.

For gaming, it's pretty much a wash between the two.

I figure go for the Vizio, better bang for buck. I'll likely get something more high-end once 4K HDR becomes more mainstream and has the content, and put it in my basement when I decide to finish it.

Ferny

I've narrowed it down between the Vizio M60 and the Samsung 60JU7100. The Samsung is likely at least $500 more, and I'm not sure it's $500 better than the Vizio. I only hesitate on the Vizio because of the potential motion blur for fast-paced stuff like Sports, which I watch a lot of.

For gaming, it's pretty much a wash between the two.

I figure go for the Vizio, better bang for buck. I'll likely get something more high-end once 4K HDR becomes more mainstream and has the content, and put it in my basement when I decide to finish it.
That's a solid plan. I remember watching NBA stuff on mine and it was pretty good for it, but it could be that my eyes don't notice that too much or whatever. I definitely recommend getting some good calibrations for it as default stuff is meh.

brentech

there's a contest to create a 1-2 minute launch trailer for Just Cause 3, and I gave it a shot - I did all the video editing and produced all the music/sound effects

views and shares don't matter when it comes to winning, but I still wanted to share because I spent some good time on it:
https://mytrailer.justcause.com/entry/gregomivich
Very nice. The jump in action at 1:30 works really well, and shows some of the craziness. At first I was worried that would be left out, but that was nicely waiting behind the next door.
Anyone playing Fallout lose track of your dog and not be able to find it?

All the time. Never felt like it did THAT much for me, but I keep him along for the occasional times he sniffs out stim packs

Smokey

Kind if glad im getting Fallout 4 from gamefly tbh

Some inexcusable bugs from what im reading but it will sell tens of millions anyway

TheCrow

I've lost dogmeat in a building or in the geometry but he just shows up when I fast travel. Only bug I ran into was closed doors that I could just walk through. Scared the shit out of me as I walked through and was greeted by a couple legendary bloodbugs and few regular ones all up in my face. Bugs or not, the game is great.

Greg

Very nice. The jump in action at 1:30 works really well, and shows some of the craziness. At first I was worried that would be left out, but that was nicely waiting behind the next door.

I watched it. Very well made Greg!
Thanks!

Hopefully whoever reviews the submissions before the first cut sticks through the slow start (logos)... I really wanted to play up the dynamics throughout because 99% of the trailers I've seen submitted were non-stop action/quick cuts

Top Bottom