• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

LJ11

Sorry you have to play the cpu again LJ :/

I've been grinding MUT solos the last two nights, made a bad decision on dual styles and I'm fucking around with a spreadsheet to get the numbers to work. None of this means anything to you but to make a long story short, I'm used to playing the CPU. Except I use punt block formation in MUT, LOL. CPU calls 4 verts evertime they see all out pressure.

brentech

I've been grinding MUT solos the last two nights, made a bad decision on dual styles and I'm fucking around with a spreadsheet to get the numbers to work. None of this means anything to you but to make a long story short, I'm used to playing the CPU. Except I use punt block formation in MUT, LOL. CPU calls 4 verts evertime they see all out pressure.

giphy.gif

Eleuin

Did you get rid of the style boosted players you got from the previous challenges by accident? Saw a spreadsheet and it looks like a nightmare if you don't have them.
Wish you could trade SS elites. I loaded up and sold extra golds (Dix and Gurley especially) right before the promo dropped and they sold quick.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am not having any kind of luck generating pressure at all. I signed Tuck and Terrance Knighton this off-season so now my DL across the board looks like 87-91-87-89. My DL does nothing. Even my backups are 84+ so when I shifted JPP to ROLB to blitz him I am not really losing much and adding a stronger pass rusher - but still not getting to the QB. I really just don't get it.

DJ Bowser

I am not having any kind of luck generating pressure at all. I signed Tuck and Terrance Knighton this off-season so now my DL across the board looks like 87-91-87-89. My DL does nothing. Even my backups are 84+ so when I shifted JPP to ROLB to blitz him I am not really losing much and adding a stronger pass rusher - but still not getting to the QB. I really just don't get it.

My line is good as well and it seems like the times they get good pressure are entirely random.

Especially now that I've been shamed into essentially never playing D-line.

Somnia

My line is good as well and it seems like the times they get good pressure are entirely random.

Especially now that I've been shamed into essentially never playing D-line.

Fuck that man, play what you enjoy.

I just wasn't feeling the MLB and continue to play dline. I'm not a very good madden player, but enjoy playing in this league and will play how I like.

That's kinda weird, my line isn't necessarily any good but I have gotten to the QB or into the opposing backfield a few times a game.

I don't think we will ever ban D Line play unless it's clearly overpowering...and in years past sometimes it was. I would hike the ball and all it would take was one move before people were in the backfield. I know this happens sometimes but when it's happening 10 times a game, shits a problem. Don't really see that this year

LJ11

MUT sounds like the most unenjoyable experience I can think of in Madden

It can be. EA fucks with you. Last year they gave folks dual style players as they completed solos, I was betting on that, EA changed it. With draft champions they started off with 100 Badges for elite players, I knew EA would fuck us, others didn't and they stopped after 100 thinking they would get new players when they dropped new content, they changed it.

Best part about MUT is working the auction house, I never really play head to head unless its draft champions and I want to try out the new cards that dropped for the week. It's honestly a market simulator for me. Honestly though, I can't play anything but MUT. You get to mix and match so many players, you create your own style, it's fun.

Grinding solos isn't fun, but I only do that when new content drops and honestly, it's just not worth it. For example, it may take me 8 hours to finish the Dual Styles, and I may make around 500k on it, I'm stuck on 2 games, that's it...lol. But if I work the auction house for that many hours I may end up with 500k to 1m, and I don't have to rush to do it either, because you need to finish Dual Styles asap to flip the cards.

I don't know why I do the solos, it's the first year I did them, mistake, won't happen again. If I would have flipped all my cards that I needed to attempt it, I would have made another 150k.

What's the block shed look like? Honestly, even I have trouble and my line is what it is. Working on BSH and FMV as much as I can. Donald already at 99 BSH, Mid 80s FMV

Did you get rid of the style boosted players you got from the previous challenges by accident? Saw a spreadsheet and it looks like a nightmare if you don't have them.
Wish you could trade SS elites. I loaded up and sold extra golds (Dix and Gurley especially) right before the promo dropped and they sold quick.

Holy shit, another MUT player. Nah, I kept them. I had 60 Ha Ha Dix, all bought for 6k or less, most 4-5k. Flipped all of them, but made the dual styles I needed. I have Gurley too, 4 left, LP which I dont't need and 3 SRs. Honestly, it's the Bortles and Hurns I slept on. I'm 4 points short of GP/SR or it's over, same shit with SP/SR a few points short. Wish you could trade too. I've made good money on SS flips, Hurns made me serious coin, but I'm idiot and didn't a couple of GP/SR.

Somnia

GG Bird, a real defensive battle that ended up going your way.

That pick you got in the endzone against me I just didn't understand what Rodgers was doing there, ugh.

See you later in the season!

Birdman02

GG but really ugly game for both us, Somnia. Picks all over the place. I caught you in a run commit once, and thought I had my WR on streak. Unfortunately he was on a curl and I lofted the ball right to you.

Antione Barnett with another game sealing pick! It looks like he leads the league with 5.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ: I'll check but not great. I can't really upgrade anyone since I have to spend all of my prep on one player at a time. -_-

All the games done?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i sent fmt a message to tell him to send a message to DM so we might know when his game can be played.

Edit: "Let me text again."

Top Bottom