• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

LJ11

Game was rushed, I mean when the same Madden 15 blitzes in 3-4 normal/odd work in 16 without changing a thing, something is wrongs. Especially when the community reported on them, team was well aware. The AH sorting was busted in MUT. Lets see, can't wait to try the game out. I'm sure I'll be disappointed.

Greg

Game was rushed, I mean when the same Madden 15 blitzes in 3-4 normal/odd work in 16 without changing a thing, something is wrongs. Especially when the community reported on them, team was well aware. The AH sorting was busted in MUT. Lets see, can't wait to try the game out. I'm sure I'll be disappointed.
it's ok, they'll fix the issues 3 months into Madden 17!

BigAT

It took them what, three years to fix a simple bug with the wind meter? It's absurd to think they have any standards for keeping the game updated and fixed from year to year.

eznark

Banned
Still think it's fucking retarded that they conceded they have no idea how to work their defensive AI to deal with audibled screen passes so they just don't let you audible when you call a screen. So fucking dumb.

rinse82

Fixed an issue where FG kickers were sometimes kicking the ball wildly inaccurate when user slightly misses outside the kick meter cone.

What about the issue where the user HITS THE METER RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE and this happens?

brentech

Fixed an issue where FG kickers were sometimes kicking the ball wildly inaccurate when user slightly misses outside the kick meter cone.

What about the issue where the user HITS THE METER RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE and this happens?
look higher up. It says they fixed that

LJ11

Holy fuck @ that fix list

I remember bowser talking about his safety do stupid shit, wouldnt be shocked if it was from one of the thousand things listed

It's not just safeties. Honestly, some of it is realistic. When teams run variations of Cover 4, the S has to man someone up in various situations. A mills concept, or pin, is meant to exploit one of the two safeties, get him to sit or take the underneath while throwing behind him. You can do this with ease this year, because the AI is just bonkers. It's a shame, because I like how pass concepts like this work, but when they work 100% of the time it's no fun.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Increased the effectiveness of AI pass rushers.
Wow so something I complained about for a while was actually fixed. The path finding, even with 95 PUR JPP is horrible.

Addressed exploit where the safety in deep zone would misplay the ball when a receiver streaked down the seam.
Thank you.

Added XP sliders to new online CFM’s.
Note: This feature will only work for new Online leagues only – available 11/18.

Restart the league. Abolish CB's SB win.

Tuned generated rookie safeties’ speed to better align with the rest of the game.

Tuned generated rookie wide receivers’ speed to better align with the rest of the game.

Tuned generated rookie cornerbacks’ speed to better align with the rest of the game.

Fixed an issue where users could only re-sign two players before the rest would stay in a “negotiating” state.

God, eat shit EA.

LJ11

Reading that you can still manipulate Safeties in Cover 4 & Cover 3, but at least that streak shit is gone, not that anyone abused that shit in this league. Or Cover 4/3, though I do clear out the S with a vertical to throw in front of him. Not that it does anything given how often I'm sacked waiting for routes to develop. Keep it simple stupid.

Also read that purple zones may work, amazing how they removed them completely from the game for the most part. Just hot routes as far as I'm aware.

Edit: It's pathetic that I'll be 40 in another 5 years and I'm still reading about madden, LOL.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Reading that you can still manipulate Safeties in Cover 4 & Cover 3, but at least that streak shit is gone, not that anyone abused that shit in this league. Or Cover 4/3, though I do clear out the S with a vertical to throw in front of him. Not that it does anything given how often I'm sacked waiting for routes to develop. Keep it simple stupid.

Also read that purple zones may work, amazing how they removed them completely from the game for the most part. Just hot routes as far as I'm aware.

Edit: It's pathetic that I'll be 40 in another 5 years and I'm still reading about madden, LOL.

People took advantage not knowing it was an actual exploit. I just thought it was my guys being dumbasses to be honest, was unaware of an issue.

BigAT

Don't feel bad, MUT is pathetic at any age!

LJ11

And suddenly ATs love of multiple 4 Verts sll makes sense

The thing is 4 verts vs Cover 3 should be automatic for the offense. "Texas Tech" style with the deep cross is meant to get that safety out of the middle of the field and left the inside vertical run right down the middle. Problem is the S AI doesn't adapt, even if you tell them to play over the top, they take the vertical cross. Now in real life, the SS or box safety will reroute and even run vertical with slot in a 3 deep zone, especially if his zone is unoccupied but this is madden.

Smokey

The thing is 4 verts vs Cover 3 should be automatic for the offense. "Texas Tech" style with the deep cross is meant to get that safety out of the middle of the field and left the inside vertical run right down the middle. Problem is the S AI doesn't adapt, even if you tell them to play over the top, they take the vertical cross. Now in real life, the SS or box safety will reroute and even run vertical with slot in a 3 deep zone, especially if his zone is unoccupied but this is madden.

AT thought he was slick though. When called out on it during the stream he responded with "i only used it like 4 times"

...in the first half

lmao foh

BigAT

Oh go fuck yourself. Sit in cover 2 the entire start of the game and I'm not supposed to run deep middle routes against it? You run entire drives using the same bullshit with running backs lined up as wide receivers that Cola gets shit for and then have the audacity to bitch at me for audibling to verts against zone defenses?

Bread

Banned
Lol those patch notes are insane. Can't believe how fucked up the AI is.

I don't understand why they can't apply these updates to already created franchises though, that's an absolute joke and an insult to hardcore Madden fans.

Smokey

Oh go fuck yourself. Sit in cover 2 the entire start of the game and I'm not supposed to run deep middle route against it? You run entire drives using the same bullshit with running backs lined up as wide receivers that Cola gets shit for and then have the audacity to bitch at me for audibling to verts against zone defenses?

What did i tell you about being a flower in the stream? You're doing it again.

Dont get mad that my call out of you is being backed up by EAs notes.

Oh go fuck yourself. Sit in cover 2 the entire start of the game and I'm not supposed to run deep middle routes against it? You run entire drives using the same bullshit with running backs lined up as wide receivers that Cola gets shit for and then have the audacity to bitch at me for audibling to verts against zone defenses?

JesseDrinkingWater.gif

BigAT

Lol those patch notes are insane. Can't believe how fucked up the AI is.

I don't understand why they can't apply these updates to already created franchises though, that's an absolute joke and an insult to hardcore Madden fans.

It's because Madden is basically a broken jalopy that EA maintains by desperately duct taping things together instead of just biting the bullet and investing in a new car.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It doesnt really matter what the patch notes say if its not coming across as such in game. I havent seen anything in the games ive seen him play on stream or the game i played against him in the superbowl that would come across as cheesy or exploitative directly, or incidentally.

Greg

GG man

you had me in such a shell before the end of the half after you started coming back too... that fumble return was so huge

Bread

Banned
It's because Madden is basically a broken jalopy that EA maintains by desperately duct taping things together instead of just biting the bullet and investing in a new car.
Wait until they invest in the new engine and it's an absolute trash fire like Madden 06 360.

CFM
Added XP sliders to new online CFM’s.

Restart it

I wouldn't be opposed to this. And I'm dead serious.

Obviously the one thing that would cause a disturbance is that we'd lose all the rookies we drafted. But I don't think this league is going to stay together long enough anyways to see past 1 or 2 more classes, and we've already had a draft...so at this point maybe you guys don't want to restart.

This would cause me to lose KENNY MOTHERFUCKING MOTES and all those sweet draft picks I had, but if this patch makes things right I am all for it.

Top Bottom