• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

me: GQ are you available to play drizz?
GQ: Yes, is he online? He didn't respond to my message last night. Sent a party c hat invite at like 3am that woke me up. I passed out on the couch
me: I'll tell him
GQ: Great. I'll load up the game now and be ready to go

McNei1y

Unlucky?

The fumble by my RB after you threw an int is unlucky.

The motherfucking run commit in the stupid game is fucking overpowered and not indicative of real life. The defender is running full tilt at the LOS but can make an adjustment no problem for a pick. I think that's the third fucking time this season.

I'm sorry, I am really fucking bitter but you shouldn't have even been in the game after my first two drives. I had 3 drives at the goal line, two of which ended in ints (one complete BS) and the third ends in a sack to end the first half.

It's just unbelievable to me the ridiculous amount of negative shit that the game piles on me. I throw for over 300 yards and run for another 140, literally moving the ball at will, and I still get all of the bad fucking breaks.

Lastly, fuck you for constantly making me and everyone else that you play wait around. That makes me doubly annoyed about this since I lost TWO fucking hours instead of one. You aren't the only one with a life you insensitive fuck.

gg.

Lol holy fuck dude relax. You're acting as if the game shit in your cereal. I'm constantly unlucky but what you went through was not some unbelievable occurrence. It's not like I had two one handed picks. You threw into contested territory. What the fuck do you want the game to do? And then my rookie FS with high hit power absolutely demolished your RB. That's RNG... not some unlucky incident. And blaming a sack for not getting a field goal to end the quarter is your fault. You risked one more play with zero timeouts. I even know not to do that.

I can still agree that I had the breaks going for me (aside from holding down triangle and my user controlled linebackers not making an attempt at a pass) that game and that you absolutely controlled it.

As for the waiting part, you make an agreement to play Wednesday and then start looking for me on Tuesday? I said I was busy. And then what do you want me to do on a dinner date, "hey everyone, I have a madden game to play sorry!" It was one fucking hour. Sorry because I'm not married or have a kid that none of my reasons for delay are warranted. It's like I'm a fucking no one and everyone else who postpones shit has more valid reasons. So far this year I have always been around and/or look for times to play. FMT has txted me constantly and I always inform him that I've already posted my plans/vacation/away days. I've had to push back a few games this year because kids/wives got in the way/sick and you don't see me writing some diatribe about their life.

rinse82

Unlucky?

The fumble by my RB after you threw an int is unlucky.

The motherfucking run commit in the stupid game is fucking overpowered and not indicative of real life. The defender is running full tilt at the LOS but can make an adjustment no problem for a pick. I think that's the third fucking time this season.

I'm sorry, I am really fucking bitter but you shouldn't have even been in the game after my first two drives. I had 3 drives at the goal line, two of which ended in ints (one complete BS) and the third ends in a sack to end the first half.

It's just unbelievable to me the ridiculous amount of negative shit that the game piles on me. I throw for over 300 yards and run for another 140, literally moving the ball at will, and I still get all of the bad fucking breaks.

Lastly, fuck you for constantly making me and everyone else that you play wait around. That makes me doubly annoyed about this since I lost TWO fucking hours instead of one. You aren't the only one with a life you insensitive fuck.

gg.

The gg at the end lol

Seriously though, stop playing Madden.

BigAT

Wellington gives Dota a shot.

computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lol holy fuck dude relax. You're acting as if the game shit in your cereal. I'm constantly unlucky but what you went through was not some unbelievable occurrence. It's not like I had two one handed picks. You threw into contested territory. What the fuck do you want the game to do? And then my rookie FS with high hit power absolutely demolished your RB. That's RNG... not some unlucky incident. And blaming a sack for not getting a field goal to end the quarter is your fault. You risked one more play with zero timeouts. I even know not to do that.

I can still agree that I had the breaks going for me (aside from holding down triangle and my user controlled linebackers not making an attempt at a pass) that game and that you absolutely controlled it.

Throwing a pick when my opponent run commits is throwing into contested territory now? Give me a break. Others have said it's an issue too. I said straight up in the stream the second one was my fault.

As for the waiting part, you make an agreement to play Wednesday and then start looking for me on Tuesday? I said I was busy. And then what do you want me to do on a dinner date, "hey everyone, I have a madden game to play sorry!" It was one fucking hour. Sorry because I'm not married or have a kid that none of my reasons for delay are warranted. It's like I'm a fucking no one and everyone else who postpones shit has more valid reasons. So far this year I have always been around and/or look for times to play. FMT has txted me constantly and I always inform him that I've already posted my plans/vacation/away days. I've had to push back a few games this year because kids/wives got in the way/sick and you don't see me writing some diatribe about their life.

I asked if you were around Tuesday because you are often late or you disappear. I didn't say holy shit you have to play a day early because I am dying, I simply asked if you were around so we could get it out of the way.

This isn't the first time, nor the first year. Ask your division rivals, or former division rivals or anyone else. It's been a constant issue and when I get home from a 12 hr day the last thing I want to do is sit for more time than I have to in Madden. There's a reason FMT has your number as well as DM's number and it's not because you guys are best bros. I play you again after my bye so I should just prepare myself for the same shit I suppose.

The gg at the end lol

Seriously though, stop playing Madden.

Wells I think it may be time to trade in Madden for you buddy.

Getting a Trulize vibe from Wellie for Madden 16 :(

DCX

No chance.Whatever, I lost the game, but what upsets me more than anything is the garbage that works in Madden that would never work IRL. In this case it's what I have mentioned after other games, the fucking broken run commit. It's complete horseshit I drove all the way down the field and then since it's close quarters run commit is stupidly overpowered. There's no way to get a ball in to the receiver - bullet, intercepted underneath, lob/touch, gives defenders enough time to get there. What do you do when you have to pass inside of the 5?

McNei1y

Throwing a pick when my opponent run commits is throwing into contested territory now? Give me a break. Others have said it's an issue too. I said straight up in the stream the second one was my fault.

I asked if you were around Tuesday because you are often late or you disappear. I didn't say holy shit you have to play a day early because I am dying, I simply asked if you were around so we could get it out of the way.

This isn't the first time, nor the first year. Ask your division rivals, or former division rivals or anyone else. It's been a constant issue and when I get home from a 12 hr day the last thing I want to do is sit for more time than I have to in Madden. There's a reason FMT has your number as well as DM's number and it's not because you guys are best bros. I play you again after my bye so I should just prepare myself for the same shit I suppose.

How does my past occurrences of disappearing matter if I already stated I'd be busy all night Tuesday? Also, I didn't select run commit. I just shifted my defense to "show blitz". So unless show blitz does that then so be it.

And no shit Wellie. I gave FMT my number because I knew I've wronged people in the past. You especially. But don't go around acting as if I'm doing it daily and ruining people's lives. I texted FMT to say dinner was running late. It's better than not doing anything at all. You're not the only one who works long days either. You said it yourself, shit comes up. I've been wronged multiple times but I've asked to play the CPU and got over it. I'm attempting to make up for fucking over people in the past and I'm being an adult about it. It's not that I do this shit on purpose because I'm thinking "fuck you guys". No. I'm absolutely not. Everyone in Madden GAF is awesome and I enjoy playing games with them. But the last thing I want is for someone to take out their aggression on me. If you want to handle it like an adult, send me a fucking PM and whine.

So I guess if I'm playing you after your bye week I'll have to expect another whine fest because the game will apparently wrong you and murder your dog. Other than that, you'll most likely win because I suck and you're good.

Smokey

What do you do when you have to pass inside of the 5?

You don't.

I never even thought about using run commit in these situations. Never thought about running verts becauae the AI reacts differently. Never thought to use custom playbooks when they were legal. I definitely need to apparently step up my exploit game.

Been pretty fun playing S this season. MyCPU dline is even more powerful if i'm not controlling them. It's pretty great!

No chance.Whatever, I lost the game, but what upsets me more than anything is the garbage that works in Madden that would never work IRL. In this case it's what I have mentioned after other games, the fucking broken run commit. It's complete horseshit I drove all the way down the field and then since it's close quarters run commit is stupidly overpowered. There's no way to get a ball in to the receiver - bullet, intercepted underneath, lob/touch, gives defenders enough time to get there. What do you do when you have to pass inside of the 5?

i didn't read anything else but mcneily and dm are my bros! as are you, cb, ferny, pheeniks... and bigat! he doesn't know but i have his cell phone #

Fmt should probably feel blessed that he's too cheap to get VC or I'd be texting him every second

Also, I can play tonight after the advance, DM, around 11:30-12 CT. Or tomorrow night after 8 or Saturday afternoon /night

LJ11

EA is bringing back the Madden Challenge via Draft Champions Ranked.

I love draft champions, it's all I play. You're forced to use a book you don't really know, which means you have to adapt on the fly, plus you get use many different books. On top of that you have to build your team from scratch, and adapt with what you get. It pays to know who the budget beasts are. It's fun as hell, but now all the sharks will flock and I'm going to get crushed.

It seems like the top players don't care about anything but MUT, you can't have them using their beast squads in a tourney, so this is a decent middle ground. I love that EA is pushing for competition. I look forward to watching this develop, and I'm sure the games will be streamed, can't to watch.

This was hinted at last night by a popular streamer, said Draft Champs is the only way to play going forward, and that he was going to EA next month.

LJ signal!

LOL, I stand no chance and won't compete, but I look forward to watching. This is awesome.

Fmt should probably feel blessed that he's too cheap to get VC or I'd be texting him every second

Also, I can play tonight after the advance, DM, around 11:30-12 CT. Or tomorrow night after 8 or Saturday afternoon /night

im building my guy up brah! i got that 2k app to get some free points and i already got like 1500

DCX

DCX
Unless you are moonwalking Konex and Smokey style there isn't much you can do to pass on the five with run commit.

Spider Y 2 banana and hit the flat would be the best way but still hard to pull off. It is impossible.

On goaline I would run commit but have the D pass aware. Sometimes it works..they get to the QB fast and somehow defend routes, although the reason I feel is people tend to call drags and slants goaline and don't trust outside fades.

Idk man..I'm sorry you are having a rough go of it. Miss the defensive genius Wellie who will run for 300 yards a game :/

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Unless you are moonwalking Konex and Smokey style there isn't much you can do to pass on the five with run commit.

Spider Y 2 banana and hit the flat would be the best way but still hard to pull off. It is impossible.

On goaline I would run commit but have the D pass aware. Sometimes it works..they get to the QB fast and somehow defend routes, although the reason I feel is people tend to call drags and slants goaline and don't trust outside fades.

Idk man..I'm sorry you are having a rough go of it. Miss the defensive genius Wellie who will run for 300 yards a game :/

DCX
Haha I was thinking last night about fades. While waiting for Mcneil I started doing the in game tutorials and I started really considering that any time I got close I would do a fade pass to Beckham with an aggressive catch and just cheese everyone but decided against it because it is really unfair.

Last night was the first time I went up for a jump ball with a defender and came away with the pick. My man Landon Collins.

DCX

DCX
It isn't cheese bro!! I have Julio and his targets must be in the high teens lol, better believe Julio will get a face target if I'm in the red zone!!

DCX

eznark

Banned
DCX ran a play yesterday where immediately upon snap he sprinted, QB's back to the LOS, away from the line.

It was amazing.

DCX

DCX
DCX ran a play yesterday where immediately upon snap he sprinted, QB's back to the LOS, away from the line.

It was amazing.
Was that the play where I threw the ball off my back foot into the crowd? It was doomed from the start lol

DCX

Top Bottom