• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

gg lj. happy to get the win but i just can't do too much against the rams front there. they don't get quick pressure EVERY time, but i almost feel like i have to get the ball out quick every time or i risk getting behind on the down/distance and then in a 2nd/3rd and long they ravage me. i was lucky to only throw 2 picks, you made some good reads on a lot of balls there. i was also so fucking pissed that bowman didn't follow the RB when you motioned him out wide. that is why i hate manual motion of RB's against man defense because then my CB/LB get confused and they were actually then both assigned to cover the TE somehow, leaving the RB completely wide open! i had to quickly switch to the SS but it wasn't quick enough. it didn't really cost me anything because you got a fg anyways

GG FMT. Last throw says it all, no clue where he was throwing that. Too many turnovers, honestly made two forced throws early and killed my chances, had good field position all game too, then couldn't come up with a decent stop, missed a million tackles. Good D in the redzone. Couldn't hit any open throws in that second half.

I hope you don't think I manually caught that pass to Mason when I motioned him out. Clicked on and hit Triangle, ridiculous animation. No clue why your D didn't follow.

Man so many bad throws.

yeah foles air mailed a bunch of shit all game. early you had guys wide open on big 3rd downs and he just didn't get it there.

again on the RB thing i feel that is the danger of playing man defense in a way but i just wish someone would have switched out and went to go cover him. i was looking at other stuff and at the last second looked at the play art and saw neither one went over -_-

LJ11

gg lj. happy to get the win but i just can't do too much against the rams front there. they don't get quick pressure EVERY time, but i almost feel like i have to get the ball out quick every time or i risk getting behind on the down/distance and then in a 2nd/3rd and long they ravage me. i was lucky to only throw 2 picks, you made some good reads on a lot of balls there. i was also so fucking pissed that bowman didn't follow the RB when you motioned him out wide. that is why i hate manual motion of RB's against man defense because then my CB/LB get confused and they were actually then both assigned to cover the TE somehow, leaving the RB completely wide open! i had to quickly switch to the SS but it wasn't quick enough. it didn't really cost me anything because you got a fg anyways

Did you base align? Might be the reason why, you were base aligning a lot, or looked like you were out of certain formations. I just wanted to clear the backside defender, and then no one followed, got lucky.

Did you base align? Might be the reason why, you were base aligning a lot, or looked like you were out of certain formations. I just wanted to clear the backside defender, and then no one followed, got lucky.

out of that formation i didn't base align.... at least i dont think i did. i was trying to shade outside but maybe i pressed it wrong, i dont know. i still had the chance to make a play on the ball with the safety but i just didn't play it right. i also hate playing in san fran sometimes because that wind is a nightmare if you are going into it

LJ11

Yeah, I hate SF.

You know what's fucking stupid about this game, my CB gets called for holding on 3rd and long, meanwhile I literally tackled VD on a playaction play, didn't mean to but I just smacked into him trying to run outside, no call. On that second int by Foles my TE was stuck on the OLB, like a moron I threw it. Best is when your WR is about to run into a defender, but he steps around him.

Yeah, I hate SF.

You know what's fucking stupid about this game, my CB gets called for holding on 3rd and long, meanwhile I literally tackled VD on a playaction play, didn't mean to but I just smacked into him trying to run outside, no call. On that second int by Foles my TE was stuck on the OLB, like a moron I threw it. Best is when your WR is about to run into a defender, but he steps around him.

i was actually glad i threw a pick on the play after. i shouldn't have accepted that penalty but i was butthurt that my guy was stumbling when trying to catch and thought the DPI was against him, even though i don't know. i got what i deserved shortly after!

maybe we should turn defensive holding off. i still have yet to see a defensive PI in any game i've played (although i did see some in other league games.... like 2 of them)

LJ11

i was actually glad i threw a pick on the play after. i shouldn't have accepted that penalty but i was butthurt that my guy was stumbling when trying to catch and thought the DPI was against him, even though i don't know. i got what i deserved shortly after!

maybe we should turn defensive holding off. i still have yet to see a defensive PI in any game i've played (although i did see some in other league games.... like 2 of them)

When you paused the game after the Mason catch, I'm like here we go, he's probably pissed as shit. Wasn't even trying to do anything crazy too, just clear out the backside, but I'm like he's pissed as shit right now. Shit happens. The catch in flats late in the game where the RB caught it off his shoe tops was nuts, I'm like that's game. That's like a back breaker mentally.

When you paused the game after the Mason catch, I'm like here we go, he's probably pissed as shit. Wasn't even trying to do anything crazy too, just clear out the backside, but I'm like he's pissed as shit right now. Shit happens. The catch in flats late in the game where the RB caught it off his shoe tops was nuts, I'm like that's game. That's like a back breaker mentally.

i was more pissed that i fucking did a loop animation with the SS. even with no one there i still read it in time and i switched to the SS in time to be around the ball. i must have put align on it or something because you are right they should follow

I may not be some fansy, big city phycologist, but I do know one thing: LBB is comedy gold in every twitch chat.

cpZ0YAo.gif

McNei1y

Brent, if you are the Browns then we play next. I can guarantee that I could play tomorrow around noon EST. Tonight is a possibility but I don't want to keep you hanging.

brentech

Brent, if you are the Browns then we play next. I can guarantee that I could play tomorrow around noon EST. Tonight is a possibility but I don't want to keep you hanging.
I assume you're saying noon Saturday? I can't say with certainty that it works for me, but I think it would.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just a heads up to whoever I play during that time span but I will be heading to Cuba from 12/2 to 12/6. They don't have much of any internet out there so i stand no chance of playing.

Fmt i hear you dropped duckets on MyPlayer. Welcome fam!

Phee what is Pro Am team ranking? In the 100s right?
Crimson's team was like 114 last night. We are 14-0 so far this week and hit the top 100 for the week

Meanwhile my team has just become the new B team. Took another L last night. We only play on my team after everyone is tired or we don't have the lineups. It's time that hyrule stop being treated unfairly!

Smokey

Gs is gonna break the bulls record. Curry is gonna win b2b mvps. Nobody is beating them if they're healthy. Spurs and Thunder are best chance in West.

Ferny

I think yesterday's game truly showed how trash the Clippers are. How are you up 10 with less than 5 minutes to go and lose that game.

Ferny

I'm not even an avid basketball fan, but 5 minutes in basketball is a long fucking time and 10pts is nothing.

An NBA team who has the ball with a 10 point lead and 5 minutes left, actually wins the game 97.3% of the time so it isn't exactly common for that to happen.

They actually had a 74% probability of winning with 2 minutes to go too. They broke down which is what the Clippers do. That's the point I was making.

An NBA team who has the ball with a 10 point lead and 5 minutes left, actually wins the game 97.3% of the time so it isn't exactly common for that to happen.

They actually had a 74% probability of winning with 2 minutes to go too. They broke down which is what the Clippers do. That's the point I was making.
It's what doc rivers teams do. I find him to be an overrated coach. This shit has been happening to him since he was in Orlando.

gravestorm

Neo Member
A 10 point lead for the Warriors is nothing. Hell even if I was up 20 with 6 minutes left I'd still be terrified of them

Shaq basically said the same thing post game last night. They make a 20+ point deficit comeback win look easy.

Clippers defense fell apart in the 2nd half and the game turned into a shootout.

Warriors are NOT a team you want to have a shootout with.

If the Spurs were completely healthy I could see them in a hard series with gsw. But at this stage I don't think Parker can even come close to playing Curry to a stand still, let alone be on the court

Okc can hang with them offensively but their defense isn't anywhere at the Warriors level right now

Top Bottom