• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

brentech

An NBA team who has the ball with a 10 point lead and 5 minutes left, actually wins the game 97.3% of the time so it isn't exactly common for that to happen.

They actually had a 74% probability of winning with 2 minutes to go too. They broke down which is what the Clippers do. That's the point I was making.
I just think you're discounting what GS does.
Worse teams have made comebacks against worse odds in the NBA.
If that 97.3% is a real stat, I don't think it takes into account the teams involved.
Only point I'm trying to make is I don't think the Clippers are a trash team...Golden State is just that good.

gravestorm

Neo Member
If the Spurs were completely healthy I could see them in a hard series with gsw. But at this stage I don't think Parker can even come close to playing Curry to a stand still, let alone be on the court

Okc can hang with them offensively but their defense isn't anywhere at the Warriors level right now

Any team's defense just has to meet Curry well before the arc, Clippers were doing an amazing job shutting him down in the first half last night.

They just need longevity and consistency, I mean come on, Griffin had one fucking point in the 4th and Pierce had 6 points in 32 minutes.

Ferny

I just think you're discounting what GS does.
Worse teams have made comebacks against worse odds in the NBA.
If that 97.3% is a real stat, I don't think it takes into account the teams involved.
Only point I'm trying to make is I don't think the Clippers are a trash team...Golden State is just that good.

eqljjq.png

A little less than 97% for the Clippers, but you get the point.

Smokey

Mchale being fired makes this season a huge success. Harden did a phenomenal job of forcing this change. For that i am forever grateful.

brentech

I've seen those graphs during games, but unless they take the teams involved into account I don't find them having much value. If they start at 0 or 50/50, meh.
Don't get me wrong, it obviously means something, but those things should start with a spread for a more realistic value. That would make it a lot more interesting.

I've just never watched a basketball game and thought with 5 minutes left that a team had almost no chance. Too many ways to slow the game, like older college football.

brentech

So are you guys actually enjoying the game?
I thought it would be awesome, but after an hour or two in the beta, the flare of it being a Star Wars game wore off and it just seems like a worse Battlefield game.
The special pickups can be neat, but the random nature of them is dumb.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I thought it would be awesome, but after an hour or two in the beta, the flare of it being a Star Wars game wore off and it just seems like a worse Battlefield game.

Thats how i felt. The lack of content + $50 season pass made it feel pretty sleazy as well

Its fun and entertaining. Should it have been a full priced game? Maybe not but I've had a better time with this game than fallout (a time sink slog of a game)

gravestorm

Neo Member
Its fun and entertaining. Should it have been a full priced game? Maybe not but I've had a better time with this game than fallout (a time sink slog of a game)

You slanderous whore, how dare you badmouth fallout. I'm losing respect for you more and more as time goes by... first it was John Wick... and now fallout!

As CB would say, You're the worst.

Smokey

I have FO4 unopened from Gamefly. Im not sure i really want to deal with a sub 20fps game, and one that no doubt has a ton of bugs.

rando14

I don't hate but it's like the same shit. I put 60+ hours into FO3 years ago and I think it burnt me out forever

Yeah I figured, I can't get enough of FO so I'm trying to play as much as I can (which to this point is like 15 hr since it came out, been too busy -_- )

Sounds like Star Wars is a bust, which is about what I expected

Looking forward to Just Cause 3 and Xeno X, hope those don't suck *prays

I have FO4 unopened. Im not sure i really want to deal with a sub 20fps game, and one that no doubt has a ton of bugs.

If you aint playing on a PC, gg

You slanderous whore, how dare you badmouth fallout. I'm losing respect for you more and more as time goes by... first it was John Wick... and now fallout!

As CB would say, You're the worst.

Don't forget mad max!

I'll buy pc fallout down the road. Maybe a niners fan will make a mod where all the enemies are Jed york

brentech

I'm just kind of going through the game at a non rushed pace, knowing that mods will make the game infinitely better before too long.
I didn't have the worst time with Skyrim on console, but once I got it on PC and decked out with realism mods and everything else (custom perks, enhanced textures, better models), the game was elevated to a crazy level.
They are smart enough to let the community get deeply involved in their games.

rando14

I'm just kind of going through the game at a non rushed pace, knowing that mods will make the game infinitely better before too long.
I didn't have the worst time with Skyrim on console, but once I got it on PC and decked out with realism mods and everything else (custom perks, enhanced textures, better models), the game was elevated to a crazy level.
They are smart enough to let the community get deeply involved in their games.

Already they fixed one of the biggest problems which is the Dialogue system being pretty crap, at least now you can see what you're about to say

Hopefully they can optimize settlement building a bit better too

Greg

I was looking forward to Just Cause 3, but I was legit offended by SE's selections for the trailer contest and can no longer support them
Whatup boiii

Lol your snapchats terrify me sometimes!!

Though I loved the Christmas one :>
hahaha, I try

CB3

I have FO4 unopened from Gamefly. Im not sure i really want to deal with a sub 20fps game, and one that no doubt has a ton of bugs.

There is alot of jank, but i havent run into alot of bugs that hinder anything just yet.

There was a cardboard box and something happened to it that it just kept bouncing all over the place like some sort of ghost box. Certainly jank, but i found it pretty funny.

Greg

There is alot of jank, but i havent run into alot of bugs that hinder anything just yet.

There was a cardboard box and something happened to it that it just kept bouncing all over the place like some sort of ghost box. Certainly jank, but i found it pretty funny.
Madden is trash, but you're entertained by a cardboard box

CB3

I like madden this year. Said it before we even started the franchise.

Cardboard box is better than last years madden for sure, though.

cdyhybrid

I got in to OW beta, but I dunno how much I'll be able to play. Going out Friday night, Saturday night, and for the Hawks game on Sunday.

Doc Rivers is a trash coach who has always been bad at handling rotations. His rotations cost the Clippers in the playoffs and they've been costing them big games this season.

Paul Pierce is toast and Jamal Crawford is almost toast.

Doc Rivers is a trash coach who has always been bad at handling rotations. His rotations cost the Clippers in the playoffs and they've been costing them big games this season.

Paul Pierce is toast and Jamal Crawford is almost toast.
The sad thing is on the list of "teams that have blown a 3-1 series Lead" he has at least two of them and there aren't a lot. And I'm pretty sure he has been up 3-2 several times and blown those too

http://sports.espn.go.com/losangeles/nba/news/story?id=5285262

"This team has lost more games in the fourth quarter than anybody in the NBA," Jackson said. "They know how to lose in the fourth quarter, all right? They're just showing us that right now."

I remember that huddle. Shots were fired.

Smokey

Ill probably give it a shot just because...the game is in my possession anyway.

just purchased this

http://www.costco.com/Vizio-65"-Cla...ltra-Smart-HDTV-M65-C1.product.100161730.html

Couldn't justify the near $1,000 extra it would've cost me to get a 65 inch Sammy or Sony. Once the HDR standard gets more ironed out and 4K goes more mainstream, I'll look to pick up something higher-end in a few years.

Hopefully the Vizio isn't too bad for gaming and sports.

I really need to replace my main TV. The hotel im at has a TV that doesn't have much input lag from what i can tell. When i get back home it's back to the 23" monitors i go :l

gravestorm

Neo Member
Top Bottom