• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Sokantish

Dang, 7 screens. Why didn't you just intercept them, FMT? The one Drizzler got on me still haunts me. I was switching players when he hiked and couldn't get to the screen on time :(

Dang, 7 screens. Why didn't you just intercept them, FMT? The one Drizzler got on me still haunts me. I was switching players when he hiked and couldn't get to the screen on time :(

the only thing you can really do on a screen is manually defend it yourself (unless your DL decides to magically recognize it.... not sure what determines that, i have ngata who is high at prc and awr and he didn't recognize any of them). i dont mind manually defending them but the problem is he will often times lineup the slot receiver on the opposite side of the screen, which is where i would typically be defending watching for julio and then i can't make it back over to the other side.

also doesn't matter if you call contain really. on his last drive i already knew a screen was coming, called contain, and nothing happened, i had to make the play.

Yeah I'm not mad at the screens. My terrible lb play due to me already being mad is why they were so successful.

Suh breaks up screens from time to time, or Grimes in cover 2.

the only thing you can really do on a screen is manually defend it yourself (unless your DL decides to magically recognize it.... not sure what determines that, i have ngata who is high at prc and awr and he didn't recognize any of them). i dont mind manually defending them but the problem is he will often times lineup the slot receiver on the opposite side of the screen, which is where i would typically be defending watching for julio and then i can't make it back over to the other side.

also doesn't matter if you call contain really. on his last drive i already knew a screen was coming, called contain, and nothing happened, i had to make the play.

What he does is calls a screen and puts Julio on the opposite side. If you try to manually defend the screen, he just throws it to wide open Julio. I hate how well the other routes work on screen passes.

DJ Bowser

Screens get blown up usually if you're in man coverage.

What he does is calls a screen and puts Julio on the opposite side. If you try to manually defend the screen, he just throws it to wide open Julio. I hate how well the other routes work on screen passes.

Although this sounds infuriating.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

yeah i dont mind screens but i dont like when people pass to other routes in the slip screen. That shouldnt work as well as it does considering it never happens in real life. i mentioned it in some stream a week or two ago.

I do that with Cameron, but he lines up on the same side and runs an in. Read the LB and throw to open man. Cover 2 can fuck it up.

yeah i dont mind screens but i dont like when people pass to other routes in the slip screen. That shouldnt work as well as it does considering it never happens in real life. i mentioned it in some stream a week or two ago.

Happens with the TE in RL sometimes!

BigAT

Sick screen bro.

1K8U2k3.gif

Did I miss a FG? Or was it a bug. Wtf just happened that shit went in on my screen.

And surprise surprise. Show 3 wide and its 5 twice in a row. I'm starting to dread our games.

It showed up as 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB when he played against me.

The Patriots leading rusher and receiver today,

Blount: 12 carries, 38 yds, 1 Fumble, 5 BTK // 8 rec, 111 yds, 1 TD

Lol

7 more carries than he had in his previous game.

Greg

tell me about more things you don't like

Sokantish

Yup, and you come out in nickel and are fucked. CB is on RB and LB on WR. At least on the version where the rb motions out wide the LB sticks with him. But the Pats version is bullshit.

When they audible to that formation it breaks it too. I don't think Smokey did it on purpose but it happened to me in our game. I tried to audible to see if the right guys would cover but it didn't work :(

Yup, and you come out in nickel and are fucked. CB is on RB and LB on WR. At least on the version where the rb motions out wide the LB sticks with him. But the Pats version is bullshit.

I just chalk it up as the same kind of bullshit as everyone putting their best WR in the slot to avoid Richard Sherman. It would be cool you could have corners shadow certain receivers like in real life, but you can't.

What're you gonna do though? Unless FMT bans it, you manually defend it or hope for the best.

I learned several games ago to never run a screen against you. The last time we played I ran one and threw it to a WR and it worked since you were going for the rb but you still beat my ass.

I thought I was gonna get to a screen quick enough to get a pick today but I was just a little too slow.

I just chalk it up as the same kind of bullshit as everyone putting their best WR in the slot to avoid Richard Sherman. It would be cool you could have corners shadow certain receivers like in real life, but you can't.

What're you gonna do though? Unless FMT bans it, you manually defend it or hope for the best.

I have to be manually defending Gronk tho or I'm fucked! And it's not the same as putting a WR in a WR slot. At least the defense has the right personnel on the field in your version.

the only potential issue i could see would be if lets say you had no timeouts left, its 4th down so you think the guy is going to punt and it shows special teams, you come out in punt return but he's actually going for it. you'd probably be fucked

I think the game says punt if they are punting. It'll show up as special teams if it's a fake punt. Or that's how it used to work

I have to be manually defending Gronk tho or I'm fucked! And it's not the same as putting a WR in a WR slot.

Sure it is, the point is to create a mismatch that the person on defense can't adjust to quickly enough at the line of scrimmage because the game doesn't allow you to compensate for.

I think the game says punt if they are punting. It'll show up as special teams if it's a fake punt. Or that's how it used to work

Wonder if it is a glitch with that specific playbook?

the only potential issue i could see would be if lets say you had no timeouts left, its 4th down so you think the guy is going to punt and it shows special teams, you come out in punt return but he's actually going for it. you'd probably be fucked

It's an issue since you don't know his personnel so you have to guess. You could come out in a 4-3 and it ends up being 5 wide.

Oh I was talking about the thing with DCX and his playbook showing up as Special Teams and it being 5 wide instead.

Oh ok. I was responding to fmt saying it might be a problem on 4th down cause they think it would be a punt. But the game is dumb and says punt when it's actually a punt and it shows special teams only when it's a fake punt.

LJ11

I think I'm an okay MLB user but I'm always late on the screen. There has to be a tell though because some guys are on it so quick its honestly amazing. Like even when I sniff it out I'm fighting through the garbage and don't get the int.

Man coverage will fuck the screen up, also, I haven't tried it as much this year because there are fewer screens, but last year you could put the DE in a bluff blitz, which would put him in man coverage if the back went out for a pass

In MUT news EA removed player accessories, neck rolls, taped fingers, etc from MUT h2h because the game freezes online. Wasn't an issue when it was just regular players, but once the legends rolled in the freezes started, so they are pulling the unique player accessories for the time being. LOL

LJ11

Madden Mobile LJ. Im telling you, its way better and way less of a time sink.
You're probably right CB, I kind of like the grind. I like draft champs to be honest. The AH is where I spend my time.

Right now I may have cornered the market on a 99 power kicker. All these fools were pricing him around 25-28k, but he was 40k before they rereleased him in packs. When they rereleased I picked up any I saw for 25k or less. Waited two weeks and his price hasn't really budged, but there were few on the AH so it was time to make my move. I moved the price 10k overnight and will start to unload, lol.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You're probably right CB, I kind of like the grind. I like draft champs to be honest. The AH is where I spend my time.

Right now I may have cornered the market on a 99 power kicker. All these fools were pricing him around 25-28k, but he was 40k before they rereleased him in packs. When they rereleased I picked up any I saw for 25k or less. Waited two weeks and his price hasn't really budged, but there were few on the AH so it was time to make my move. I moved the price 10k overnight and will start to unload, lol.

theres an auction house in madden mobile! its way easier to navigate than that shit console version for sure.

Apparently Lazor forbid Tannehill from audibling completely because he was calling plays to set up plays.... Tannehill is getting paid way too much for that nonsense. Glad we're cleaning house, a lot of our problems seem to be related to the coaching.

Almost won a game against a random opponent where I only threw 3 passes to my opponents 33. Alas my attempts at playing manual line backer cost me on the final drive.

Cheeto in dat lab

Eh, I'm on a bye week and I played my last game Saturday morning and the advance now isn't until FRIDAY. That's a long time between games.

The guy pretty much only called 3 routes: slants, stick, verts. If I didn't keep over pursuing on the TE coverage he wouldn't have won. It was funny on offense, I don't think he was used to actually having to defend the rush. I think if I had passed a few more times I would've won since it was always a 6+ man rush.

eznark

Banned
Apparently Lazor forbid Tannehill from audibling completely because he was calling plays to set up plays.... Tannehill is getting paid way too much for that nonsense. Glad we're cleaning house, a lot of our problems seem to be related to the coaching.

Chip Kelly Football

Top Bottom