• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

What? I definitely wasn't calling you a liar, I'm simply saying it's frustrating to send PM's about when/if you could play and not get a response after our initial night of attempts. I'm not shitting on you because you work and can't play madden, I'm saying having to pester FMT to see if/when you'll be around is frustrating.

eznark

Banned
What? I definitely wasn't calling you a liar, I'm simply saying it's frustrating to send PM's about when/if you could play and not get a response after our initial night of attempts. I'm not shitting on you because you work and can't play madden, I'm saying having to pester FMT to see if/when you'll be around is frustrating.

You literally said he lied to you.

You literally said he lied to you.

No I didn't.

Yea, cause apparently just sending a lie "I won't be around again, work is too busy" is even too much to ask.

Meaning, even if you were around and just didn't want to not play me I wish you could have just sent a PM saying you couldn't play before the vance. Trasher if you think I meant I thought you were dodging me with "oh I'm working" excuse, I totally didn't mean that.

I just hit the Whataburger drive through and then saw the same person and it just hit me that I've gone there two days in a row

My "don't get take out if you have food at home more than once a week" policy didn't last more than a month :(

LukeSmith

mpkIH2T.jpg

Ferny

After putting in a good amount of time into R6 this weekend I will definitely say it's my favorite multiplayer shooter thus far with Halo a close second. The amount of tension in most of these R6 matches is great. Definitely hope word of mouth helps sell more copies and they keep supporting it.

This is my cousin playing, but I was in this match. Such an amazing ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IfQSOSTVls

After putting in a good amount of time into R6 this weekend I will definitely say it's my favorite multiplayer shooter thus far with Halo a close second. The amount of tension in most of these R6 matches is great. Definitely hope word of mouth helps sell more copies and they keep supporting it.

This is my cousin playing, but I was in this match. Such an amazing ending.
It's my favorite shooter since CS and that's saying a lot. I've enjoyed some shooters here and there but this game hits the sweet spot. I've been trying to nail down all the scenarios and challenges so I've actually barely played human multi player because terrorist hunt is fun too. Already unlocked 8 operators.

We gotta get a group of 5 and I know there's enough of us with this.

I want R6, but going to wait till it's cheaper, not paying $60 for it.

I got this with BBGC but it's worth every penny.

eznark

Banned
Yeah I was sort of sold on it after Pheenix attacked me, if a game can create that kind of passion in a stoner burnout it has to be special, but then I listened to the beast cast and it sounded God awful.

Wish it had the Payday 2 deal where they did like a buy 4 for the price of 2 thing on steam.

Yeah I was sort of sold on it after Pheenix attacked me, if a game can create that kind of passion in a stoner burnout it has to be special, but then I listened to the beast cast and it sounded God awful.

Wish it had the Payday 2 deal where they did like a buy 4 for the price of 2 thing on steam.
I attacked you?

Look in the mirror motherfucker

Somnia

Can you still do the single play mode in the new R6 where it's you vs. like 40 terrorists? I miss that crazy stuff in Vegas.

edit: I assume you guys are playing on PS4?

Ferny

It's my favorite shooter since CS and that's saying a lot. I've enjoyed some shooters here and there but this game hits the sweet spot. I've been trying to nail down all the scenarios and challenges so I've actually barely played human multi player because terrorist hunt is fun too. Already unlocked 8 operators.

We gotta get a group of 5 and I know there's enough of us with this.

I got this with BBGC but it's worth every penny.

Yeah with a group of 5 it's awesome. This game does a cool thing tho and will keep you with the same group game to game even with strangers. I rolled with the same 5 for like 3 games yesterday.

It really is that sweet spot between good shooting mechanics and that feeling of needing to play your best to stay alive. Once you learn the maps, it gets so good.

Can you still do the single play mode in the new R6 where it's you vs. like 40 terrorists? I miss that crazy stuff in Vegas.

edit: I assume you guys are playing on PS4?

Yeah ps4. And I know there's like a terrorist clear out mode, but for me that mode actually isn't as fun as objective missions. In some objective missions such as defuse there's an unlimited amount and you're supposed to stop waves of them and they can come from anywhere, that's the crazy part. Y'all will think you have all spots covered and then BOOM they blow up the ceiling and drop down.

Yeah with a group of 5 it's awesome. This game does a cool thing tho and will keep you with the same group game to game even with strangers. I rolled with the same 5 for like 3 games yesterday.

It really is that sweet spot between good shooting mechanics and that feeling of needing to play your best to stay alive. Once you learn the maps, it gets so good.

I appreciate that each operator helps compliment another and they all seem fun to use in a team setting. And they're all pretty balanced...you don't really have to grind all that much.

Ferny

Is it actually any fun with randoms though?

Maybe it's because it's such a niche game, but everyone has been really cool and surprisingly, it's rare to find someone without a mic. Everyone helps each other and I haven't come across any douchebags yet. I've had a great time jumping in with randoms but like Phee said, a group of 5 friends feels way better.

eznark

Banned
Maybe it's because it's such a niche game, but everyone has been really cool and surprisingly, it's rare to find someone without a mic. Everyone helps each other and I haven't come across any douchebags yet. I've had a great time jumping in with randoms but like Phee said, a group of 5 friends feels way better.

Dunno why but this kind of reminded me that Payday was fun with randoms too. Maybe I will get this game.

A group of 5 in terrorist hunt against the CPU is surprisingly fun. My only complaint is that on normal if your drone can run away they don't bother chasing it, but shit I die enough on normal so it's probably a good thing for me lol

It's actually pretty similar to a shooter MOBA. As I went through the scenarios I can tell how having someone like IQ (sense electronics and traps) or the guy who can disable them will be helpful especially when the games are against good players. I got that Asian machine gun guy last night and I imagine he will be helpful in defensive situations.

Ferny

A group of 5 in terrorist hunt against the CPU is surprisingly fun. My only complaint is that on normal if your drone can run away they don't bother chasing it, but shit I die enough on normal so it's probably a good thing for me lol

It's actually pretty similar to a shooter MOBA. As I went through the scenarios I can tell how having someone like IQ (sense electronics and traps) or the guy who can disable them will be helpful especially when the games are against good players. I got that Asian machine gun guy last night and I imagine he will be helpful in defensive situations.

I haven't done much terrorist hunt. Did 1 match before jumping in multi to get a feel for it, and then just been playing multi. You tend to get used to it within 1 or 2 games.

Who else has it besides you?

I haven't done much terrorist hunt. Did 1 match before jumping in multi to get a feel for it, and then just been playing multi. You tend to get used to it within 1 or 2 games.

Who else has it besides you?
Pete, Birdman, Zep, Zep's friend, Smokey, although as one could have guessed I have not played with Smokey.

Somnia

If R6 goes on sale this week or next I'll grab it on PS4, I need a realistic shooter that's not crazy face paced like COD in my life.

At this point I'm just kind of waiting for Uncharted 4 and The Division honestly. Been playing and streaming FF7 again for a website.

Also is anyone elses PS4 kind of loud when playing games? It's not extremely loud or anything, but you can definently hear it compared to over a year ago.

Smokey

Pete, Birdman, Zep, Zep's friend, Smokey, although as one could have guessed I have not played with Smokey.

I really dont feel like playing anything atm tbh. All of my b2g1 free games remain unopened. Other than the league madden games and occassionally bloodborne, im not feelin it.

Ferny

I really dont feel like playing anything atm tbh. All of my b2g1 free games remain unopened. Other than the league madden games and occassionally bloodborne, im not feelin it.

If it makes you feel better, we can get in a Halo FFA and i'll let you win bro.

If R6 goes on sale this week or next I'll grab it on PS4, I need a realistic shooter that's not crazy face paced like COD in my life.

At this point I'm just kind of waiting for Uncharted 4 and The Division honestly. Been playing and streaming FF7 again for a website.

Also is anyone elses PS4 kind of loud when playing games? It's not extremely loud or anything, but you can definently hear it compared to over a year ago.

Mine sounds like a jet engine during certain games. I've been toying with the idea of cracking it open and adding some thermal paste.

Somnia

Mine sounds like a jet engine during certain games. I've been toying with the idea of cracking it open and adding some thermal paste.

Ya I notice it more in some games compared to others. It's not so loud on FF7, but it gets louder on Madden. Granted those are the only two I've played recently.

Ferny

Speaking of that, doesn't the new free DLC hit this week?

Yup. Forge with sharing options, 1 arena map, 2 BTB maps, 1 warzone map, bunch of UI changes, controller options, new playlists, and FFA changed to 6 players. It's actually a big one.

Somnia

Once this new stuff hits, I'm jumping back in. I just didn't play cause they were resetting ranks and all that.

I haven't played much of anything lately because work is killing me. I get home and just feeling like laying down and watching TV. I've been watching quite a few Halo streams though, makes me want to keep jumping back in.

Ferny

Yup. Part of seasons bro. Plus they made big improvements to the system placing you in your initial rank. It's a lot more true to what rank you should be in. And all of this is pointless to explain BECAUSE YOU DON'T EVEN PLAY THE DAMN GAME.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellie, I kinda feel like shit tonight, so I don't really want to play anything. I should be around every other night this week after 9 ct, so let me know when is good for you.

Well we can try for tonight and I'll watch the Giants on the small screen while we play.

Smokey

Yup. Part of seasons bro. Plus they made big improvements to the system placing you in your initial rank. It's a lot more true to what rank you should be in. And all of this is pointless to explain BECAUSE YOU DON'T EVEN PLAY THE DAMN GAME.

1v1

Top Bottom