• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Birdman02

the advance is tomorrow night at about 9 CT but I personally would be fine extending it a few hours so you guys can get it in
I was thinking advance was Wednesday, but I guess I was wrong. I'd appreciate an advance, but if that's not going to happen then give wellie the win.

DJ Bowser

Pretty sure you want Welli to lose

If Bird wins division then you have tie breaker against me in wild card if we end the season with the same record.

Oh, hmmm...

I kind of just want you both to lose repeatedly so no one has the same record and I coast to my first Super Bowl against the resurgent Jaguars!

You have the harder schedule, having to face Smokey and CB.

Oh, hmmm...

I kind of just want you both to lose repeatedly so no one has the same record and I coast to my first Super Bowl against the resurgent Jaguars!

You have the harder schedule, having to face Smokey and CB.

Sounds to me like a no win situation for you, so sorry I hope you have better luck next season kthxbye

You probably would have said my game with you was a no-win situation. But reality had other plans.

You'll never catch me Bowser, not when I shift into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

I know I'm fucked

and what's this shit, you were the one peddling the ol' Welli trick "oh man I'm gonna lose so hard". This time it actually worked!

You probably would have said my game with you was a no-win situation. But reality had other plans.

JOEY-CRAWFORD.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn there are still a bunch of games that haven't been played aside from me and Birdles. DM game of the week and Trasher game of the week are obvious ones but what about NE/CLE and WAS/CIN?

Somnia

Trasher and I will be a SIM. We were going to play last night, but something came up on both our ends and tonight's a no go.

Terrorist hunt is pretty fun cause the AI is no slouch but playing 5 humans is a different kind of tension. Had a hostage defend situation and we thought we had all corners covered till they starting dropping cluster bombs above us and got us all shook because some of they were diversions --- eventually some guys breached from above and we were so focused on them that a pair of guys came and shot us from the stairs catching us by surprise.

Ferny

Terrorist hunt is pretty fun cause the AI is no slouch but playing 5 humans is a different kind of tension. Had a hostage defend situation and we thought we had all corners covered till they starting dropping cluster bombs above us and got us all shook because some of they were diversions --- eventually some guys breached from above and we were so focused on them that a pair of guys came and shot us from the stairs catching us by surprise.

Yup. You have to watch all sides. Even if a wall can't be totally blown, you can still destroy it enough to shoot thru. So many things you have to look for.

brentech

Other games (like Elite Dangerous) are available now and do what NMS wants to do and they are available now. NMS shouldve been out some time ago.

Yes and no. Elite Dangerous is great and I actually have spent a strong majority of my 136 hrs in the game exploring, but they don't have and have never hinted towards animal or plant life being involved. I prefer the 'realistic' look of Elite Dangerous by far, but I still like the art style of NMS. NMS could very well be overcooked garbage, but I like the idea of the exploration and life discovery system.
I do like the versatility of the combat system in E:D, but it eventually comes down to everyone min/maxing and having the same builds on their ships....and I've run into a hostile human CMDR exactly 0 times, so lets not pretend it's some game it isn't.
I'll probably wait to buy Horizons since it'll most likely be incomplete and buggy for some time like the original game.
what happened to that other big space game on PC?
It's been out, but widely accepted as trash.

brentech

yeah, that's the one!

is it an actual game yet?
Was supposed to have an official release in Nov 2014, but still only has a playable Alpha 2.0. This is with over 100+ million of crowdfunding. Producers of the game have come and gone.
Parts of the game that were promised have been removed. It's not a good look.

Smokey

Yes and no. Elite Dangerous is great and I actually have spent a strong majority of my 136 hrs in the game exploring, but they don't have and have never hinted towards animal or plant life being involved. I prefer the 'realistic' look of Elite Dangerous by far, but I still like the art style of NMS. NMS could very well be overcooked garbage, but I like the idea of the exploration and life discovery system.
I do like the versatility of the combat system in E:D, but it eventually comes down to everyone min/maxing and having the same builds on their ships....and I've run into a hostile human CMDR exactly 0 times, so lets not pretend it's some game it isn't.
I'll probably wait to buy Horizons since it'll most likely be incomplete and buggy for some time like the original game.

It's been out, but widely accepted as trash.

Elite Dangerous is 1:1 (or close to it) to the Milky Way right? Why would you expect to see another human player given the scale? I think they said the same for NMS. Also I believe futher planetary enchancements are coming, but Horizons establishes the hooks. I dont think you can land on a planet with an atmosphere at the moment. Things like that will be coming. I have way more faith in the developers of Elite delivering than NMS. Said that since day 1. NMS seems to be too much for that size of a team.

Greg

Was supposed to have an official release in Nov 2014, but still only has a playable Alpha 2.0. This is with over 100+ million of crowdfunding. Producers of the game have come and gone.
Parts of the game that were promised have been removed. It's not a good look.
damn, that's rough

I remember my buddy being hyped about it supporting the whole thing early on

brentech

Elite Dangerous is 1:1 (or close to it) to the Milky Way right? Why would you expect to see another human player given the scale? I think they said the same for NMS. Also I believe futher planetary enchancements are coming, but Horizons establishes the hooks. I dont think you can land on a planet with an atmosphere at the moment. Things like that will be coming. I have way more faith in the developers of Elite delivering than NMS. Said that since day 1. NMS seems to be too much for that size of a team.
not a 100% what the scale is, but every player starts in one of a handful of starter systems. So player interaction is heavy when you start. Plenty of people never stray too far from those areas because that's where all the people are. Thing is, either every system or every drop point is instanced off to where only 20 human commanders can be active.
Only time I've run into other people was waiting to dock at a small station or passing them in supercruise.

Most of the hardcore explorers do it for the visuals, but are ultimately underwhelmed with what exploring is and accomplishes (gives you a basic planet name, and its composition). Horizons is a decent step forward, but you can't land on every planet. Only select ones (can't remember if it's with or without atmosphere).

Somnia

downloading now

Started the download remotely. I thought I read something about 10v10 gameplay and also captial ship gameplay? I saw a video about assigning crew members and defending your captial ship against other players or something. No clue on that mode, but it looked very Battlestar Galactica like.

Top Bottom