• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

BigAT

I caught up with Fargo just in time to finish season 2 last night. Spoilers ahead.
What has the general reaction been to the UFO stuff? Personally it just feels unnecessary to me. It wasn't even a deus ex machina as there were about 100 other ways to sort out that scenario without needing that. I know it was established early on and referenced occasionally throughout the season, but that doesn't really make it any better. It's hard to be truly upset with it when everything else surrounding it is so good though.

I did think the fish storm in season 1 was one of the few missteps the show has had. Came out of nowhere and it was a really weird, startling way to end that story thread. Reminded me of the plane crash in season 2 of Breaking Bad in how I felt about it.

Overall I think I preferred season 1 a bit, though I can't necessarily articulate why. It might be because the storyline was smaller in scope and worked better as a result.

eznark

Banned
I don't watch the show but do listen to people who do and they almost universally sounded disappointed but unwilling to admit it.

Somnia

all good - Saturday afternoon is probably the best bet then

if I'm back in time, I could probably make Friday night work if that works better for you, but tomorrow is out for sure

Saturday afternoon it is, any specific time you'd perfer? I can play as early as needed up till 2PM CST.

brentech

I caught up with Fargo just in time to finish season 2 last night.
I don't watch the show but do listen to people who do and they almost universally sounded disappointed but unwilling to admit it.
I enjoyed season two more in almost every way...except the final episode. Not many things got wrapped up, or if they did, in an unsatisfying way.
Brent let me know when you wanna play. I can go if you're still here tonight. If not tomorrow after 3PM PST should work.
Wife has the day off so I won't know if that time will work until it comes. Tomorrow at the same time will work if we don't play today, though.

BigAT

All this Geno talk...

Emoticon_rage.gif
Emoticon_rage.gif
Emoticon_rage.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
How does it feel smokey. As Dwight rumors slowly tear the team apart. Who could have ever seen that coming.

Smokey

How does it feel smokey. As Dwight rumors slowly tear the team apart. Who could have ever seen that coming.

I don't have a problem with Dwight. In the playoffs that dude consistently shows up. Harden and his attitude is the fukup at the moment. But Mchale has been fired so this season is a success.

I don't follow basketball much until the end of the season

why did the Rockets get rid of their coach?

Because he is bad.

Lakers fans are so thirsty to talk about Dwight.

The things that happen when Byron Scott is your coach and your once relevant franchise is now shit.

Somnia

So it was never posted what time the vance is on Friday, just that we advanced. (I know probably at the advanced time yesterday on Friday, but who knows anymore the times are always all over the place instead of just a set time each advance).

Greg could you play Thursday night? I'm seeing Star Wars at 7:30 so I won't be home till 10:30-11PM CST though. Otherwise we're gonna have to sim it based off our schedules.

Greg

So it was never posted what time the vance is on Friday, just that we advanced. (I know probably at the advanced time yesterday on Friday, but who knows anymore the times are always all over the place instead of just a set time each advance).

Greg could you play Thursday night? I'm seeing Star Wars at 7:30 so I won't be home till 10:30-11PM CST though. Otherwise we're gonna have to sim it based off our schedules.
yeah, I'll be around late Thursday

CB3

Lakers fans are so thirsty to talk about Dwight.

The things that happen when Byron Scott is your coach and your once relevant franchise is now shit.

You sent me a gif of Lebron fucking up JUST last night.

Im sure that was a coincidence, though.

Smokey

Given the nature of every Lakers fan I've met aren't they now Golden State lifelongs?

Probably. I mean when you're 4-21 and the only team that is worse than you is the historically bad 1-25 76ers, what else are you going to do? I guess you could become a scorned lover from an event 3 years ago!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14377388

The whole reason this clip is funny because he was closing out, saw it was Jerebko trash, and started running the other way knowing it was a miss. Completely disrespected Jerebko.

A James Harden defensive play is being completely clueless on help defense and in transition. Harden wouldn't even have attempted a close out!

Smokey

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14377388

The whole reason this clip is funny because he was closing out, saw it was Jerebko trash, and started running the other way knowing it was a miss. Completely disrespected Jerebko.

A James Harden defensive play is being completely clueless on help defense and in transition. Harden wouldn't even have attempted a close out!

James Haren would've been on the weak side with no Idea that his man even has the ball.

CB3

The Chris Paul trade did happen! Thats the problem!

On Dwight, of course at the time i wanted him to stay. But the notion that 3 years later im somehow still salty at it as opposed to laughing at the usual Dwight being a baby reports starting to pop up is pretty funny. He's a 12-8 center on a 12-14 team. Id rather have 4 wins and be in the running for Ben Simmons, thanks. Byron Scott doing the lords work commanding the tank.

i am a laker hater and i find the playoffs less interesting without a villain (lakers or superfriends heat). its cool to see a nobody team like the warriors finally become relevevant but without that hated team it's just not as compelling!

Somnia

i am a laker hater and i find the playoffs less interesting without a villain (lakers or superfriends heat). its cool to see a nobody team like the warriors finally become relevevant but without that hated team it's just not as compelling!

This is why the NFL needs the Cowboys and the Patriots to always make the playoffs... someone revitalize the Cowboys so they can be the villian once again :(

Top Bottom