• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

My defense, especially against the pass has been great the last two weeks:

31/66 316 yards 1 TD 6 INT (although it negated Cary Williams pick because of that fumble).

Rush defense has been okay:

24 attempts 91 yards 0 TD

brentech

tumblr_inline_ngbuokE4gJ1ra3vpd.gif

I saw it and it was good.
Now at Five Guys eating a non veggie burger.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mcneily all i want is literally 15 seconds of your life to know when you can play. Is that too much to ask? You can do it when you're on the shitter. I dont mind.

two things:

1. is there a way to turn off the music for xenoblade x? it's so fucking bad.... i don't know if i can keep playing with the sound on

2. lets play some smash bros!

DJ Bowser

Despite my OBJ slot complaint, good game Wellington. You honestly thoroughly outplayed me. I had a lot of things happen in my favor (punt return TD and coming down with jump balls). I didn't have an answer for the run. The formation I used to stop it last time did almost nothing.

I'm happy to have escaped with the win, but I didn't do much to deserve it.

Also, JPP is like last year's JJ Watt level at destroying any ability to run even to the side away from him.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Despite my OBJ slot complaint, good game Wellington. You honestly thoroughly outplayed me. I had a lot of things happen in my favor (punt return TD and coming down with jump balls). I didn't have an answer for the run. The formation I used to stop it last time did almost nothing.

I'm happy to have escaped with the win, but I didn't do much to deserve it.
I was happy to be in the game, my backup QB is brutal. Through theball 5 yards ahead of the intended receiver and behind my TE right to your defender on the first int. I have to run out of necessity now.

OBJ is only in the slot in two formations that I use, but the one 3 wide formation is my most versatile so you do see it a lot. CB actually guards him on that play every time because he knows the route. I never move them around for what it's worth.

I practiced a lot to beat your defensive formation. Happy to say that my offseason OL improvements were a major success, now if I could only improve my back 7.

DJ Bowser

I need to develop a new run-stopping game as well then, clearly or you'll have 200 yards in both of our games next season. I need to experiment with some new defensive playbooks. Since I've started mostly playing LB it expands what formations I can use effectively immensely.

FMT- why would you go and lose to Phee? Now LJ will have a reason to beat me next week.

I feel as though this win may have clinched the wild card for me but I don't know the tiebreakers well enough to be sure.

Well if you lose next week and I win next week we are both 10-6, but I have a 2-4 divisional record and a 6-6 conference record compared to your 4-2 and 8-3 (8-4 if you lose).

So division record is the first tiebreaker and conference is the second?

Nah, head to head is.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Head-to-head, if applicable.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.

There's no way we can tie for conference record so you're in at this point.

dont ever depend on EA to apply the tie breakers correctly!

in other words, beat LJ bowser! i also have no clue who would win the division if both LJ and I were tied. we lost to the same people (pheeniks and each other), have the same division and conference record (if lj lost next week). not sure how deep EA goes on tie breakers, i guess SOS

Top Bottom