• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rashad Jennings retires after 1400+ yards and 16 TDs in one season.

The game just continues to fuck me to no end. Eli first year, Rashad and Cullen Jenkins now who's next!?

1 game of doter and everyone quits
cry.gif

game is ded

DJ Bowser

well i can't win regardless. either we do it like... this tuesday and people are rabbling or we do it next sunday and it's the samething. if i had my way, we would draft THIS sunday!

Have your way! You're the commissioner! Sunday works for everyone!

The 2nd FA period is meaningless anyhow. Skip it!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Except this Sunday does NOT work for everyone.

he meant next sunday. Also no day will work for everyone. Thats basically impossible.
I think I said that I hate you guys. I'm not sure though, I'm Sanjuro-level plastered. Should have eaten.

Nope. You said you were gonna play dota. AT was my witness. Dont say things you dont mean, bowser. That makes you a liar.

what about this idea:

1. we advance to FA this saturday morning @ 8 am
2. you then have the next 24 hours to submit your bids on FA's you want
3. i advance to the draft on sunday morning @ 9 am and we do the draft

now, i can already see how people are going to have an issue with this but we're kind of caught in a rough spot because wtf are we going to be doing for the next 10 days waiting for sunday the 3rd to show up? fucking nothing. now you might say "well im going to miss on 2 scouting times!" and to that i say... well its necessary evil. ive used all my scouting points each week and i basically had nothing left to scout as of a few weeks ago (but then again i am a 3-4 team).

anyhow, what say you league

DJ Bowser

I say, let's do it. The scouting allows us to scout a ton of people anyhow. I don't want a dead period for that long.

I feel like that could cause people on the borderline's interest in the league to wane even more. I want us to move strong and fast into the next season, even if it's without Tony Romo.

Goodnight, sweet prince :'(

Smokey

Unless the next week is used to have MGAF Draft Champions tourney....then I'd be ok with waiting for 1/3.

Other than that...neh. Too long.

CB3

Unless the next week is used to have MGAF Draft Champions tourney....then I'd be ok with waiting for 1/3.

Other than that...neh. Too long.

I was planning on starting that tournament today or tomorrow. It will still leave a big gap in time. A week is a long time. Ive been around long enough to know that people will go crazy by monday and demanding a tuesday draft for sure.

what about this idea:

1. we advance to FA this saturday morning @ 8 am
2. you then have the next 24 hours to submit your bids on FA's you want
3. i advance to the draft on sunday morning @ 9 am and we do the draft

now, i can already see how people are going to have an issue with this but we're kind of caught in a rough spot because wtf are we going to be doing for the next 10 days waiting for sunday the 3rd to show up? fucking nothing. now you might say "well im going to miss on 2 scouting times!" and to that i say... well its necessary evil. ive used all my scouting points each week and i basically had nothing left to scout as of a few weeks ago (but then again i am a 3-4 team).

anyhow, what say you league

Id be fucked for FA but will make the draft. Im good with this!

DJ Bowser

Oy vey, Rocket League made me forget I need to place a decently-sized order for work by tomorrow morning.

I almost fucked everything up!

If I played DOTA this would only be worse!

Somnia

I was planning on starting that tournament today or tomorrow. It will still leave a big gap in time. A week is a long time. Ive been around long enough to know that people will go crazy by monday and demanding a tuesday draft for sure.

Then do a draft Tuesday in the evening, Christmas weekend is nuts.

Smokey

Yeah. That's why I also mentioned it should be done, imo, before NYE. Of course that means it would have to happen on a weekday night, but you still get Xmas weekend and NYE to celebrate etc.

CB3

Then do a draft Tuesday in the evening, Christmas weekend is nuts.

We can throw ideas out there but we need to move quickly. I feel like this sunday gathered alot of steam yesterday so thats what was on peoples mind.

Somnia

I know people want to do this shit as fast as possible, but can we please discuss doing this Tuesday then?

Having only 1 day for FA is also a bit too rushed imo as we're going to screw some of us over not only on FA but also on the Draft doing it this way.

Top Bottom