• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

DJ Bowser

I know people want to do this shit as fast as possible, but can we please discuss doing this Tuesday then?

Having only 1 day for FA is also a bit too rushed imo as we're going to screw some of us over not only on FA but also on the Draft doing it this way.
I feel like we could all spare 10 minutes after the loved ones go to bed tomorrow to make a few FA bids, so that would give us 2 days!

Plenty of time!

I don't have any money for FA, lets just skip it

I signed on but you guys already had four

We actually never had 4 at any point. Don't ever be shy, fam... we would have booted CB for you.

I would prefer not to skip any scouting stages, and would also really rather not wait till after NYE.

With that being said if some people have to miss it, it sucks. But we can't accommodate everybody.

I know people want to do this shit as fast as possible, but can we please discuss doing this Tuesday then?

Having only 1 day for FA is also a bit too rushed imo as we're going to screw some of us over not only on FA but also on the Draft doing it this way.

I agree! Tuesday seems really good!

We need 2 more for R6!

Somnia

I feel like we could all spare 10 minutes after the loved ones go to bed tomorrow to make a few FA bids, so that would give us 2 days!

Plenty of time!

We actually never had 4 at any point. Don't ever be shy, fam... we would have booted CB for you.

Some of us are also out of town away from our systems Bowser. I know of a few people that are for sure.

Sokantish

Plenty of time!

Oh, I thought BigZep was playing with you guys

Nightz

Tuesday would be great for me since it'll be the last day of my work week. I decided to play another season but if the draft is on January 3, I'll probably give in to the urge to trade the game in.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You can use the playstation app to connect to your PS4 from your phone and draft like that if you end up not being around on the day. It works pretty well

Somnia

You can use the playstation app to connect to your PS4 from your phone and draft like that if you end up not being around on the day. It works pretty well

I would prefer not to skip any scouting stages, and would also really rather not wait till after NYE.

With that being said if some people have to miss it, it sucks. But we can't accommodate everybody.

Alright I give up, shit's gonna be rushed. Just go with whatever.

CB3

Bruh its always rushed. We havent decided a time yet we still need people to chime in tonight and tomorrow. Relax!

Not everyone can always make it. Im a commissioner and ive missed drafts. I think FMT has as well. Its just how it is.

Somnia

Bruh its always rushed. We havent decided a time yet we still need people to chime in tonight and tomorrow. Relax!

Not everyone can always make it. Im a commissioner and ive missed drafts. I think FMT has as well. Its just how it is.

I get that not everyone can make it, but it's like some people don't get it's a damn holiday. I know for a fact I'm not the only one thinking this.

It's the fact we are rushing it on a HOLIDAY weekend is my point is all. If this was a normal weekend I would make my case and move on, but this time is way different.

edit: I've said my piece, I'll move on, just wanted to state how I feel about it.

CB3

I mean next weekend is a holiday weekend too. And im sure people will be gone during the weekend as well. There is no good time for this. It just happened this way.

Again, its just an option. I dont give a shit if its Sunday or Tuesday.

Birdman02

Not sure i really understand the point of rushing the offseason, since we are probably gonna end up having an extended first week while people are traveling for the holidays. I was under the impression we were gonna be running a draft champions tourney or something to get through the break.

We are a group that rushes things. It is how it's always been and probably always will be!

In fact, this fucker Drizzler asks me to Rainbow Six, I tell him I'll be back in 10-15, am back in less than that, and this asshole's already got a full group in here.

holy shit the trigger feedback when braking and accelerating in Forza 6 is amazing

mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

CB3

Alright. Here's the info for the:

FIRST ANNUAL MADDENGAF DRAFT CHAMPIONS TOURNAMENT
z5VVKUf.png

-To make things simple for this first one, we'll be doing a single elimination tournament. The settings are locked so we cant change anything. Its on All-Pro, 4 minute quarters. The rules of play are much like the league. Dont be a fucking dirt bag! This is all for fun.

-Unless there is a road block somewhere we dont see, you'll be redrafting your team each round. Keeps things fresh! You can redraft as many times as you want in the game gated by some 20 minute time delay or something but that kills the fun. IT should be one draft per round. My original thought was to make people stream their draft to prevent people from redrafting until they get their ideal team, but thats a bit of a hassle. Im going to assume people are being honorable and hope for the best!

-I dont think there will be strict advance times. Obviously if one person is holding up things for an extended period of time we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

There might be some things that are missing that ill fill in as i go along. If things go well and there is interest going forward, we can get into some double elimination and loser brackets and maybe even some reward or something for winning in the future. Ill close the sign ups on Saturday at Noon PST and start as soon as brackets are posted. Post here or message me or FMT if you want in.

THE LIST:

1. CB
2. FMT
3. Crimson
4. Soka

I vote for Tuesday.

I want in the draft tourney too.

Are we staying in the resigning period until Saturday? That gives me some time to figure out what the fuck to do with my team to get some money

Somnia

you are the one player who is actually over the cap. ferny is under the cap by $500k

I was over the cap also due to rookie contracts. I had to cut a WR, HB some backup oline men and then my #2 CB. It worked out cause I could re-sign people I wanted to keep and I'll just have to hope I draft good!

BigAT

Oy vey, Rocket League made me forget I need to place a decently-sized order for work by tomorrow morning.

I almost fucked everything up!

If I played DOTA this would only be worse!

If you were playing Dota you wouldn't have a job anymore to worry about. Problem solved!

Sign me up for the tournament.

eznark

Banned
Merry Christmas

I'll play that tournament.

Draft Sunday

Lol shake ignores dota invites for 4 months then cries cause no one will play on xmas

Merry Christmas

I'll play that tournament.

Draft Sunday

Lol shake ignores dota invites for 4 months then cries cause no one will play on xmas

I echo all these statements. Except Draft on Sunday. I can draft anytime, as I'm off for the next week.

WAIT! I can't draft on NYE from 4-7. I'll be watching Clemson finally break my heart in 2015.

Top Bottom