• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So 20 people is a super unfortunate number to be at for this tournament. Im not gonna cut 4 people to get down to 16 and its probably too tough to find an extra 4 that want to play to get to 24. In the future ill lock it at 16. But for now, there will be 4 play in games to knock off 4 people to get into the round of 16. Its not the greatest solution but its all we've got! The bracket was randomly generated by FMT!

http://challonge.com/qnuz77mn

For the lazy, the four play-in games are:
Nightz Vs. AT
Smokey Vs. DCX
FMT Vs. Greg
Crimson Vs. CB

These round two matches have already been determined so they can be played as well

AZ Vs. CK
Brent Vs. LJ
Pete Vs. Rinse
New Dota Player Bowser Vs. Birdman

To reiterate, its a single elimination tournament. "Dont be a dick" rules apply. You will be drafting a new team every round. ONE DRAFT PER ROUND. Im not gonna force the streaming of each drafted team in this tournament so there is nothing stopping people from breaking that rule, but i will trust in all of you to not be terrible human beings this one time.

Go forth.

TOURNAMENT IS UP!

because we have 20 players, it doesn't even out into a nice breakdown so some players will play an extra game. no other way to do it!

so find your matchup and play, report scores here and i can update!

GREG!

can you play now? im going to be leaving in a few hours to see Hateful Eight in glorious 70mm!

DJ Bowser

Birdman, you around?

Am I able to draft my team for the first round now or do I need to wait until shortly before the game?

I've never used the draft champions mode.

brentech

So 20 people is a super unfortunate number to be at for this tournament. Im not gonna cut 4 people to get down to 16 and its probably too tough to find an extra 4 that want to play to get to 24. In the future ill lock it at 16. But for now, there will be 4 play in games to knock off 4 people to get into the round of 16. Its not the greatest solution but its all we've got! The bracket was randomly generated by FMT!

Nightz Vs. AT
Smokey Vs. DCX
FMT Vs. Greg
Crimson Vs. CB

These round two matches have already been determined so they can be played as well

AZ Vs. CK
Brent Vs. LJ
Pete Vs. Rinse

To reiterate, its a single elimination tournament. "Dont be a dick" rules apply. You will be drafting a new team every round. ONE DRAFT PER ROUND. Im not gonna force the streaming of each drafted team in this tournament so there is nothing stopping people from breaking that rule, but i will trust in all of you to not be terrible human beings this one time.

Go forth.
You can only draft a friendly DC team every 24 hours. So you don't have to worry about that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Birdman, you around?

Am I able to draft my team for the first round now or do I need to wait until shortly before the game?

You can draft now. Im saving mine until right before the games so i can stream them out.

LJ11

my fav shooters are battlefield 2 and Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear. Can I crash a jet into a tank in Siege?

Can you get more tickets for draft mode ranked without paying money?
Unfortunately, you can't, you can use mut coins. If you really want to play let me know, I'll throw some coins your way, sitting on almost 5.5 million.

Sokantish

Unfortunately, you can't, you can use mut coins. If you really want to play let me know, I'll throw some coins your way, sitting on almost 5.5 million.

I went 2-2 in my first ranked attempt. I want to practice H2H a bit more before I try going back into that :(

I know the solo draft champions is 20minutes, but the friendly at least used to be 24 hours as of a week ago. I was a drafting fiend.
Maybe they changed it in a recent update.

When I did the friend one the other night it was 20 minutes.

When I tried it again just now it says 24 hours. I guess the first reset is 20 minutes?

DJ Bowser

My team is drafted... I think I lucked out with my final pick.

Championship incoming!

(except for the whole having to redraft each round thing)

BigAT

Nightz, I'm around now but would need to start playing pretty soon or I'm out until tomorrow.

Some bullshit putting Dota bros. against each other in Round 0.

You can only draft a friendly DC team every 24 hours. So you don't have to worry about that.

i tried playing cb last night, screwed up, and it made me wait 20 mins. then i redrafted and played so they must have adjusted it. unless drafting every 24 hours is an "if you played a game" rule, because my thing with cb was just that i backed out and never played a game

p.s.

bowser don't bother. after getting screwed out of all the players i wanted in last seasons FA, and sitting on like $60 mil in cap space all year, i'm going to go all in on the guys i want. if i don't get them then so be it, but at least i did everything i could!

DJ Bowser

bowser don't bother. after getting screwed out of all the players i wanted in last seasons FA, and sitting on like $60 mil in cap space all year, i'm going to go all in on the guys i want. if i don't get them then so be it, but at least i did everything i could!

Just lemme have Slay. That's all I want.

I don't want to restructure my whole FA pool to offer him a Bob-tier contract.

Birdman02

Birdman, you around?

I have family coming over in a little while, but I will be around at some point tonight. I will probably have to draft right before our game, so I plan on streaming it.

DJ Bowser

I have family coming over in a little while, but I will be around at some point tonight. I will probably have to draft right before our game, so I plan on streaming it.

No worries. I'm headed to work in a little bit. That window when I posted was very small. I'll be around tonight in the late EST evening. If we can't play today, I doubt we'll end up holding things up.

eznark

Banned
Nightz, I'm around now but would need to start playing pretty soon or I'm out until tomorrow.

Some bullshit putting Dota bros. against each other in Round 0.

I have the winner. Doubt we can play it at all tomorrow, maybe after the late game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Drafted my team, I kept getting OLBs and OL coming up, so I didn't get to plug a ton of holes. Whatever, my DL and OL set so whatever.

And by touches i mean rigging it to make sure i see crimson in round one.

Nightz Vs. AT
Smokey Vs. DCX
FMT Vs. Greg
Crimson Vs. CB

AZ Vs. CK
Brent Vs. LJ
Pete Vs. Rinse

Go forth.

........ Lol

I'm gonna stream my draft in about 30 mins

Top Bottom