• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Does anyone have experience with a Tackle that has high Blocking stats but low (71) Str? Is he as useful as a WR with 71 SPD or can he play ball?

Breaking! After RT Doug Free had a terrible workout in Miami in what was all but a done deal the Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins have finally agreed to terms on a trade. The Cowboys have sent the young RT sensation, LaAdrian Waddle, to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for their 66th overall pick, and 2018's 2nd round pick. Doug Free is on a plane back to Dallas.

i already know the players i need aren't going to drop to me. no way do some of these guys get past you dirtbags all the way down to 27 and i just dont have the ammo to move up in the draft :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Dude is going to retire after this season.

I have finally given in to you fucks. Forget building a defense and offensive line and boring you guys to death with the running game. I am going with all offensive weapons. I can't match the firepower of CB and Bowser with just Beckham.

Edit: Actually my OL is pretty good as is so I don't need any other pieces.

eznark

Banned

I have finally given in to you fucks. Forget building a defense and offensive line and boring you guys to death with the running game. I am going with all offensive weapons. I can't match the firepower of CB and Bowser with just Beckham.

Hey, if you'd rather spend a late first on the third or fourth QB on the board as opposed to a second on Brees be my guest. Maybe you'll get lucky and he won't be garbage.

brentech

I got the mixamp working as it should on the PS4 last night, but I still don't think the amount of wires necessary and the MixAmp itself are worth the deskspace for what should just be a USB cable. Keeping the headphones for the PC, will use my refurbed gamecom 780 for the ps4. =\

eznark

Banned
I got the mixamp working as it should on the PS4 last night, but I still don't think the amount of wires necessary and the MixAmp itself are worth the deskspace for what should just be a USB cable. Keeping the headphones for the PC, will use my refurbed gamecom 780 for the ps4. =\

What did you do?

I just ended up using the pack in headphone from the ps4 into the controller and having just chat go through it. It actually was totally fine, though I am sure I sounded like shit. I like having the ability to play PS4 and PC audio at the same time, so I'll probably keep the mixamp. Especially since R6 is like the first time I've needed PS4 chat in forever.

Ferny

Give me Beck and i'll give you Wilkerson. Fair deal

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey, if you'd rather spend a late first on the third or fourth QB on the board as opposed to a second on Brees be my guest. Maybe you'll get lucky and he won't be garbage.

I have the 6th pick. Slack for Zach was a mild success.

Damn it Wellie you've foiled me again!!!

I have accepted I may have another year of Cuts, but maybe he's got a John Elway type career arc!

Oh shut up lol. If you're going to throw up a smokescreen at least do a decent job.

Give me Beck and i'll give you Wilkerson. Fair deal

My entire DL is 89+ and I get zero pass rush. I blitz far more than anyone else in the league too. I fucking give up, I have to focus on putting up 30+ PPG rather than ball control and defense.

Nightz

Yeah it would have been nice if the Mixamp supported multiple inputs and being able to switch between them easily. When I got the PS4 for the office, I was hoping to use my A40s+mixamp (2011 version) for PC/PS4, but I would have had to unplug and plug in whatever device I wanted to use. Ended up buying an optical switch and a USB switch to solve my issue. Both are pretty small (and were on sale at the time!) and I didn't mind working with extra cables. I know that solution won't work for everybody though.

eznark

Banned
Yeah it would have been nice if the Mixamp supported multiple inputs and being able to switch between them easily. When I got the PS4 for the office, I was hoping to use my A40s+mixamp (2011 version) for PC/PS4, but I would have had to unplug and plug in whatever device I wanted to use. Ended up buying an optical switch and a USB switch to solve my issue. Both are pretty small (and were on sale at the time!) and I didn't mind working with extra cables. I know that solution won't work for everybody though.

Why would you even need it? You don't use a microphone? The way I have it set up now the audio output works totally fine simultaneously.

My entire DL is 89+ and I get zero pass rush. I blitz far more than anyone else in the league too. I fucking give up, I have to focus on putting up 30+ PPG rather than ball control and defense.

I dunno, man. I blitz almost every down. The sad thing is I have a pretty OP line as well. Just no pressure.

I have the 6th pick. Slack for Zach was a mild success.

Oh shut up lol. If you're going to throw up a smokescreen at least do a decent job.

I'm dead serious. Not gonna take a Qb just cause

Nightz

Why would you even need it? You don't use a microphone? The way I have it set up now the audio output works totally fine simultaneously.

Or do I?
Emoticon_troll.gif

brentech

What did you do?

I just ended up using the pack in headphone from the ps4 into the controller and having just chat go through it. It actually was totally fine, though I am sure I sounded like shit. I like having the ability to play PS4 and PC audio at the same time, so I'll probably keep the mixamp. Especially since R6 is like the first time I've needed PS4 chat in forever.

The reason it didn't work for me at first may have been the order that I plugged stuff in or the fact that the PS4 was off while plugging in? I dunno.
I unplugged everything. Turned the PS4 on, plugged in the USB cable from MixAmp to PS4. Then the optical cable from MixAmp to PS4. Then headset into the MixAmp.....went into ps4 settings and everything worked, 5.1 sound and microphone.
So, it definitely works, but it's a lot of wires just for a headset and I have pretty limited desk space with the ps4 and 3 monitors attached.

mtHUhvs.jpg

Must get a bigger, sturdier desk when we build a new house. This office doesn't really have the space.

Greg

since I missed the draft last year, how well do the round grades translate into quality players?

are there still busts graded as 1st round talent and superstars graded farther down?

any consensus on combine grades?

Somnia

since I missed the draft last year, how well do the round grades translate into quality players?

are there still busts graded as 1st round talent and superstars graded farther down?

It's not that accurate imo, it is and it isn't I guess. There are definantly round 1 projected players who should not be taken round 1 and some round 2 who should be round 1.

I forget who but someone drafted someone in the 4th last year who was good enough to be taken way earlier.

eznark

Banned
The reason it didn't work for me at first may have been the order that I plugged stuff in or the fact that the PS4 was off while plugging in? I dunno.
I unplugged everything. Turned the PS4 on, plugged in the USB cable from MixAmp to PS4. Then the optical cable from MixAmp to PS4. Then headset into the MixAmp.....went into ps4 settings and everything worked, 5.1 sound and microphone.
So, it definitely works, but it's a lot of wires just for a headset and I have pretty limited desk space with the ps4 and 3 monitors attached.

mtHUhvs.jpg

Must get a bigger, sturdier desk when we build a new house. This office doesn't really have the space.

Oh so you weren't able to get pc ps4 simultaneously?

DJ Bowser

There are guys projected in the first with "true talent" in the 7th. My clutch, superstar dev WR from last year was projected as a 3rd with "mid 2no" true talent. There are definitely some bargains around.

Greg

It's not that accurate imo, it is and it isn't I guess. There are definantly round 1 projected players who should not be taken round 1 and some round 2 who should be round 1.

I forget who but someone drafted someone in the 4th last year who was good enough to be taken way earlier.

There are guys projected in the first with "true talent" in the 7th. My clutch, superstar dev WR from last year was projected as a 3rd with "mid 2no" true talent. There are definitely some bargains around.
interesting... thanks for nothing, Madden

and the same attributes are revealed for everyone when scouting the same player, right?

brentech

I got an L Shaped desk from Ikea, it's great

I just want a piece of natural wood. I've had so many different styles of desks over the years and every shape has just annoyed me. this desk is my favorite to date, but it has become too small for my needs.
I think i'd be looking for something along the lines of this:
il_570xN.529804189_kgxi.jpg

I don't listen to Madden at all. Madden tried telling me Kenny Motes was a 2nd round tier guy and that my 7th rounder was worthy of being a 7th. Fuck Madden!

The pass rush is kind of lacking in the game. Maybe we should look into increasing the slider for that, I don't know. I feel I rarely get non coverage sacks.

As funny as it sounds, lack of pressure is also part of the reason fof high INT numbers. People still force the ball with nothing there but if they got pressured they might get sacked or throw it away

eznark

Banned
The pass rush is kind of lacking in the game. Maybe we should look into increasing the slider for that, I don't know. I feel I rarely get non coverage sacks.

As funny as it sounds, lack of pressure is also part of the reason fof high INT numbers. People still force the ball with nothing there but if they got pressured they might get sacked or throw it away

Someone check FMTs oline stats. They must've improved.

Smokey

I use the A50s for my PS4 and X1. They are great. Maybe look into those?

Top Bottom