• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

BigAT

The pass rush is kind of lacking in the game. Maybe we should look into increasing the slider for that, I don't know. I feel I rarely get non coverage sacks.

As funny as it sounds, lack of pressure is also part of the reason fof high INT numbers. People still force the ball with nothing there but if they got pressured they might get sacked or throw it away

I feel like a big part of the reason pressure is lacking is that nearly every team takes 90% of their offensive snaps from shotgun. I think pressure is viable when the QB is under center, but completely ineffective against the shotgun. With half the league running the Pats or Eagles playbook, it becomes almost pointless to attempt to generate pressure most of the time.

Ferny

I feel like a big part of the reason pressure is lacking is that nearly every team takes 90% of their offensive snaps from shotgun. I think pressure is viable when the QB is under center, but completely ineffective against the shotgun. With half the league running the Pats or Eagles playbook, it becomes almost pointless to attempt to generate pressure most of the time.

I'm always running Jets playbook. I'm loyal to the game.

DMczaf

oh so yall just gonna act like you haven't seen this DM show before

anigif_enhanced-32665-1430759422-8.gif

LJ11

rinse, post Robert Woods RTE/SPD/ACC/JMP, you can PM, I'd give you a late rounder.

Pass rush is fine, the coverage isn't. The flats are stupid easy to abuse, so you're not punished for throwing blind, so guys have less of a reason to hold on to the ball. I blitz a ton, but if you watch, I don't blitz with blitz calls I just hot route guys around. Also, blitz from two deep shell with CBs in flat zones, only real way to bring heat and protect flats.

rinse, post Robert Woods RTE/SPD/ACC/JMP, you can PM, I'd give you a late rounder.

Pass rush is fine, the coverage isn't. The flats are stupid easy to abuse, so you're not punished for throwing blind, so guys have less of a reason to hold on to the ball. I blitz a ton, but if you watch, I don't blitz with blitz calls I just hot route guys around. Also, blitz from two deep shell with CBs in flat zones, only real way to bring heat and protect flats.

MUT has taught you well

LJ11

MUT has taught you well

I've always hot routed a bunch, which is why I have busted coverages often. Madden 12 was Cover 2 Man under base with the my OLBs in purples, MLB and SS in hook zones, and just the free safety playing over the top on one WR. Flats were protected, had double coverage if it was inside breaking routes by outside receivers and I had to watch the Y/Slot threat on the vertical.

Lots of sacks, and lots of TDs out by the Y, can't keep up with every TE/WR with the MLB. Oh and wheel routes by RB, but normal it would't get that far because you would be sacked before you got to that read.

Greg

I never play sports games with sound in general... no cues, doesn't add much to the experience for me

turn the display's sound off and have my own music playing through computer instead

I think R6 and TLoU are the only games on PS4 I've actually used my headphones for

LukeSmith

I have finally given in to you fucks. Forget building a defense and offensive line and boring you guys to death with the running game. I am going with all offensive weapons. I can't match the firepower of CB and Bowser with just Beckham.

classic wellie misdirection

still the king

I never play sports games with sound in general... no cues, doesn't add much to the experience for me

turn the display's sound off and have my own music playing through computer instead

I think R6 and TLoU are the only games on PS4 I've actually used my headphones for

Phil Simms: WELP LOOKS like A BLITZ IS A COMIN JIM!!!

Phil Simms: WELP LOOKS like A BLITZ IS A COMIN JIM!!!

Half that time that fuck is lying!

Well I've set my draft board and the guys who I'm ok taking in each round. Can't wait for Wellie to break my heart again!

Also, late development, may be willing to deal Patrick Peterson so all interested parties, message me

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I wish i had the dedication to make draft boards or anything close to that.

I usually have like two or three guys i want to take and the last one of those gets taken right before me, and i pick whatever WR seems like the best. Thats been every draft since 2010 or something.

eznark

Banned
Man listening to Giant Bomb talk about the MGSV soundtrack is the first time I've ever wanted to actually play one of those games.

I wish i had the dedication to make draft boards or anything close to that.

I usually have like two or three guys i want to take and the last one of those gets taken right before me, and i pick whatever WR seems like the best. Thats been every draft since 2010 or something.

Last season would have been appropriate.

But this draft is really shallow, I doubt anyone I want is gonna be available by mid round.

Well I've set my draft board and the guys who I'm ok taking in each round. Can't wait for Wellie to break my heart again!

Also, late development, may be willing to deal Patrick Peterson so all interested parties, message me

Boy I wish you said something before I just spent all that money in FA! Would have given you my first rounder for him!

LukeSmith

RE: can you find good guys [greg]

SPD 88 | 91
AGI 92 | 88
ACC 93 | 87
STR 80 | 69
TRK 91 | 93
ELU 63 | 80
JUKE 91 | 95
CAR 91 | 95
BCV 84 | 85

Guy on the left is my second rounder from last year, the GANDYMAN.
Guy on the right is Todd Gurley.

I scouted Gandyman specifically because I wanted a big back, my plan going into the season was to run a more two-back style offense featuring a gadget back (Dunbar or Antone Smith - who I signed in FA) and a big bruiser back.

Basically what the Pats do in real life. Gandy ended up being good enough to be an every down back so Dunbar only got used on third downs.

I don't know that anyone else was really hot on Gandy

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
classic wellie misdirection

still the king

Bruh, you trying playing in the NFC.

I'm still working on my positional rankings then I'll slot them into my big board. I ran out of time to get all the stuff down on my sheet so I'll have to try and make up tonight during the draft. Thank God it was pushed back to 10. May have to go in with no sheet for HB. Jennings retiring really fucked me, had to put all of my after the season scouting into that position.

BigAT

You don't want to hear about Phil Simms' bad businesses?

There should be an unlockable mode where the entire game's commentary is Simms going in depth about his unfortunate business decisions and the fiscal losses he has suffered as a result.

that instant gratification feel when you nail a pick in the draft in Madden 16

I've also had "Bust!"

It's like seeing "Total Defeat" in Rainbow Six

I will say there's one guy I really want but not at a position of need. When the time comes it may be too difficult to pass up on said player. But my god he looks sexy

Trasher

You guys enjoying R6? I got it for xmas and am pretty excited to give it a shot. I used to love that first one for Xbox Live back in the day.

Top Bottom