• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Greg

RE: can you find good guys [greg]

SPD 88 | 91
AGI 92 | 88
ACC 93 | 87
STR 80 | 69
TRK 91 | 93
ELU 63 | 80
JUKE 91 | 95
CAR 91 | 95
BCV 84 | 85

Guy on the left is my second rounder from last year, the GANDYMAN.
Guy on the right is Todd Gurley.

I scouted Gandyman specifically because I wanted a big back, my plan going into the season was to run a more two-back style offense featuring a gadget back (Dunbar or Antone Smith - who I signed in FA) and a big bruiser back.

Basically what the Pats do in real life. Gandy ended up being good enough to be an every down back so Dunbar only got used on third downs.

I don't know that anyone else was really hot on Gandy
that's awesome

do you remember his projection before scouting/after scouting? any combine/physical attributes stick out to you that made you decide on him?

I should've simmed to one of these drafts in an offline franchise or something... I liked the scouting better last season, but the way the actual draft was handled last year (interface, menus) was complete shit

Somnia

You guys enjoying R6? I got it for xmas and am pretty excited to give it a shot. I used to love that first one for Xbox Live back in the day.

Yep it's pretty amazing, I think we played like 6-7 hours on Christmas. I just haven't been able to play it since then because of work and family. Hoping to jump in tonight after the draft or tomorrow.

rinse82

Yep it's pretty amazing, I think we played like 6-7 hours on Christmas. I just haven't been able to play it since then because of work and family. Hoping to jump in tonight after the draft or tomorrow.

Post draft R6 sounds like a great idea and perfect time to have an in-house

LJ11

RE: can you find good guys [greg]

SPD 88 | 91
AGI 92 | 88
ACC 93 | 87
STR 80 | 69
TRK 91 | 93
ELU 63 | 80
JUKE 91 | 95
CAR 91 | 95
BCV 84 | 85

Guy on the left is my second rounder from last year, the GANDYMAN.
Guy on the right is Todd Gurley.

I scouted Gandyman specifically because I wanted a big back, my plan going into the season was to run a more two-back style offense featuring a gadget back (Dunbar or Antone Smith - who I signed in FA) and a big bruiser back.

Basically what the Pats do in real life. Gandy ended up being good enough to be an every down back so Dunbar only got used on third downs.

I don't know that anyone else was really hot on Gandy

He looks pretty good, my question is how often does he break tackles? Elusiveness, unscouted trait that is pretty fucking gold when it comes to shaking loose from tackles. Too bad we can't target the trait.

LukeSmith

He looks pretty good, my question is how often does he break tackles? Elusiveness, unscouted trait that is pretty fucking gold when it comes to shaking loose from tackles. Too bad we can't target the trait.

301 carries 1327 yards
59 broken tackles
401 yards after contact

I was happy with that, can't see stats for other players it seems like right now in-game to see how it compares

Greg

I'm bummed I don't see it anymore because I wanted to look at it, but there were some awesome stats screens at the end of the season across the whole league

stuff like down conversion percentages, different red zone percentages on both sides of the ball too... would be interesting to sort through some of the individual stats and see what attributes the best/worst players have in common

It's not that accurate imo, it is and it isn't I guess. There are definantly round 1 projected players who should not be taken round 1 and some round 2 who should be round 1.

I forget who but someone drafted someone in the 4th last year who was good enough to be taken way earlier.

Splatbot got an 80 something DT in the 4h IIRC.

Also w/r/t the draft, I'm willing to package anything past my 4th rounder for additional picks (ie my 5th and 6th for a 4th or my 6th and 7th for a 5th).

The Miami Dolphins are looking to acquire an additional first or second round draft pick. Lets get creative, DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills are on the trading block.

Parker: $4.4M / 4years, $5.2M Bonus, 2 years remaining.
Speed 91
Agility 88
Acceleration 93
Jumping 87
Catching 87
Spec. Catch 83
Catch In Traffic 86
Route Running 71
Release 81
Spin Move 76
Juke Move 79
Ball Car. Vision 85
Carrying 72

Stills: $2.15/2 years, $0.2M Bonus, 1 year remaining.
Speed 92
Agility 91
Acceleration 91
Jumping 86
Catching 87
Spec. Catch 85
Catch In Traffic 83
Route Running 81
Elusiveness 85
Juke Move 80

brentech

301 carries 1327 yards
59 broken tackles
401 yards after contact

I was happy with that, can't see stats for other players it seems like right now in-game to see how it compares

Malcolm Lauderdale (R)
307 carries for 1516 yards, 4.9 avg
395 after first hit
48 broken tackles

Somnia

Where did you get him

My draft was so so bad last season. The only reason it's not complete trash is the RT I got in the 3rd. My 1st rounder is 4th cb on my roster

Ya my draft wasn't the best (my DT is ok, but not good enough), but to be honest taking over a team in the middle of the season I didn't put my all into it. This season I tried and decided to start making cuts to rebuild so we shall see.

I have 2 1's, 2 2's, 4 3's, 2 4's in this draft so hopefully I can get some good players out of that. I'll have to hope in the 3rd I find a gem, but oh well.

Ya my draft wasn't the best, but to be honest taking over a team in the middle of the season I didn't put my all into it. This season I tried and decided to start making cuts to rebuild so we shall see.

I have 2 1's, 2 2's, 4 3's, 2 4's in this draft so hopefully I can get some good players out of that. I'll have to hope in the 3rd I find a gem, but oh well.

You should just trade for Parker, ensures at least one of those 2nds turns into a starter!

DJ Bowser

Malcolm Lauderdale (R)
307 carries for 1516 yards, 4.9 avg
395 after first hit
48 broken tackles

I really wanted Lauderdale but figured it would be a wasted pick with Christine Michael doing big things for me.

When did you take him?

If I didn't have the world's greatest WR corp (except maybe 49ers) I'd totes go for Parker. As it is, I need to focus on defense. Give me one of the 5 outside LBs you signed, Drizz.

brentech

Where did you get him

My draft was so so bad last season. The only reason it's not complete trash is the RT I got in the 3rd. My 1st rounder is 4th cb on my roster

I did have to take him in the first round last year. edit: had to look it up, 9th overall pick, but he was the 2nd OVR in true talent if I remember right
92 truck, 97 elusivness, 89 BC vision, 85 carrying, 88 speed, 91 acc, 89 agility

One of my two real rookie contributors. The other being my 3rd round pick, WR Trey Ash

I only had 1 rookie "contributor" :(
My first round DE finished with 16 tackles and 2 sacks..

Also got a decent CB but was my 4th last season, he'll be a nickel back this year.

I only kept 3 players from my draft (although I wanted to keep one more but I messed up and he disappeared into the ether) and 2 of them were offensive linemen.

LukeSmith

I only really got use out of my top two picks, CB Antavio Hill and Gandyman

Hill played Nickel for half the season before I moved him to CB2

My 3rd Round WR didn't see the field once.

6'4
87 spd
88 agi
82 acc
91 jump
84 catch
80 CIT
63 Route smh

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Miami Dolphins are looking to acquire an additional first or second round draft pick. Lets get creative, DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills are on the trading block.

Parker: $4.4M / 4years, $5.2M Bonus, 2 years remaining.
Speed 91
Agility 88
Acceleration 93
Jumping 87
Catching 87
Spec. Catch 83
Catch In Traffic 86
Route Running 71
Release 81
Spin Move 76
Juke Move 79
Ball Car. Vision 85
Carrying 72

Stills: $2.15/2 years, $0.2M Bonus, 1 year remaining.
Speed 92
Agility 91
Acceleration 91
Jumping 86
Catching 87
Spec. Catch 85
Catch In Traffic 83
Route Running 81
Elusiveness 85
Juke Move 80

I have #6 in each round. Would you be willing to trade picks?

Top Bottom