• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

brentech

Forgot I got MGSV with my 980ti. Probably going to wait to install until my processor arrives since I plan to do a clean install. Maybe the small bugs will get patched up by then as well.

Mrbob

Witcher 3 and MGS5 will fight on GOTY for me. With Fallout 4 still waiting in the wings to see if can disrupt.

Did you get Madden yet, clown?

Yup, but no time to play it. Back into Diablo 3, now with MGS5, and looking to get back into Doter.

Smokey

Witcher 3 I haven't played enough to really say one way or the other so maybe you're right. Bloodborne didn't scream next gen to me, but was fantastic!

I disagree Smokey, while yes it was built around ps3/360 in mind I can't imagine how held back those versions are. It's clearly a next gen game.

The only thing held back is the visuals. The game is identical in every other way.

Not a true "next gen" game imo, but rather a pretty good port.

Somnia

To each their own, maybe it's not a "true" next gen game, but it feels better than any other current "next gen" game released. There how's that.

Mrbob

Dynasty Warriors 9 is going to define the true next generation of gaming. PC/PS4/XB1 (?), no more last gen to hold progression down.

Somnia

Metal Gear 5 is on another level gameplay wise compared to Last of Us. Last of Us is by far the better cinematic experience though.

Mrbob

Smokey, ASUS announced a gaming laptop at IFA today with a water cooling dock.

phpvmazdo.jpg

It is calling out to you.

Smokey

Smokey, ASUS announced a gaming laptop at IFA today with a water cooling dock.

phpvmazdo.jpg

It is calling out to you.

Bruh. That looks hideous

I'm actually waiting for more news in their Swift IPS 4k panel. After having mine hooked up again for MGS V...it's too good. Their 4k Swift panel has Gsync and would be perfect.

Somnia

Bruh. That looks hideous

I'm actually waiting for more news in their Swift IPS 4k panel. After having mine hooked up again for MGS V...it's too good. Their 4k Swift panel has Gsync and would be perfect.

What FPS you getting on MGS V @ 4K? My friend said he's getting just over 30fps at 4k so I was kinda surprised. Guess it runs great on PC?

Smokey

What FPS you getting on MGS V @ 4K? My friend said he's getting just over 30fps at 4k so I was kinda surprised. Guess it runs great on PC?

I think in the upper 40s. I turned off the overlay after awhile. I have everything at Extra High except Effects (High) and Post Processing (AA, Low). Volumetric clouds and HBAO+ enabled. The clarity and IQ is something else. It always has been with 4k, but the tearing at times is tough when switching from the Swift.

That's why Ive been waiting on this Swift 4k panel since Jan or so.

Smokey ain't got time for a silly laptop when Panasonic just announced the GOAT of all tvs this morning.

Definitely jumping on OLED when 4k,HDR, and standards become set with prices < $5,000

I've actually been looking for a gaming laptop that could handle shit like maxed DOTA easily but don't care much beyond that, where can I get such a thing without spending a fortune?

brentech

I've actually been looking for a gaming laptop that could handle shit like maxed DOTA easily but don't care much beyond that, where can I get such a thing without spending a fortune?
Sagernotebook.com
I got mine I believe 2 years ago with the 765M video card for 1200. I bumped the price keeping both an SSD and HDD in it.
Costco recently had a couple good deals that may still be available with a 980M in them.

So last night I went to the bar to hang out with an old coworker. One of her friends from art school was there, so I asked him what kind of art he does. Turns out he is a 3d prop artist and a huge fan of DotA2 and wants to make his own custom sets.

Went to the bar cause I didn't get in on the DotA2 game, still ended up discussing DotA2.

BigAT

So last night I went to the bar to hang out with an old coworker. One of her friends from art school was there, so I asked him what kind of art he does. Turns out he is a 3d prop artist and a huge fan of DotA2 and wants to make his own custom sets.

Went to the bar cause I didn't get in on the DotA2 game, still ended up discussing DotA2.

Bailed on a female to talk Dota. You made the right decision.

Mrbob

Smokey ain't got time for a silly laptop when Panasonic just announced the GOAT of all tvs this morning.

OLED TV? Awesome.

This is my next TV purchase. Finally a worthy successor to plasma.

Edit: Dang, it has a curved screen. Hopefully there is one offered without a curved screen.

Nightz

Got in to the PS4 firmware 3.0 beta. Kinda hoping that it bricks my system so I can send it in and get a new one that's not as loud.

BigAT

Got in to the PS4 firmware 3.0 beta. Kinda hoping that it bricks my system so I can send it in and get a new one that's not as loud.

I've been a little surprised at how loud my (pretty much brand new) PS4 has been. Is that typical?

Greg

I remember The Last of Us had mine cranking up pretty loud

Rocket League does it too

and when I leave the system on for most of the day

I've been a little surprised at how loud my (pretty much brand new) PS4 has been. Is that typical?
Mine is randomly loud if I'm playing off a disc I think, or maybe it's just randomly loud. Has two different sounds it makes too. They really did a shitty job on the quality of the hardware. It's a powerful beast but they cut too many corners. Controllers have held up so terribly (just bought a new one for the season tho!) and I'm gonna be so pissed if my disc drive ever breaks.

Last night I think I discovered my shoulder buttons were busted. Loaded up GTA for a bit and I was figuring out why I couldn't shoot people but it worked if I mashed it!

I have a spare white controller that has not been used much but I guess I will now. Was waiting to the bitter end before I go destroy that one too.

Top Bottom