• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Greg

I mean...when you can see around corners without looking around the corner, how hard can the game be? That's why I didn't play SOCOM.

ezpz
that works both ways, and it's why 3rd person shooters in general are superior

extra layer of strategy involved managing the camera

Smokey

that works both ways, and it's why 3rd person shooters in general are superior

extra layer of strategy involved managing the camera

they're better because you can see around corners....without actually moving your character to look around the corner? That's called strategy?

GREG

PLS

Bread

Banned
you're accountable for more than what's directly in front of you - how is that hard to comprehend?
sure, and in FPS games you're accountable for what's only in front of you, making movement itself more strategic. it goes both ways, friend.

DCX

DCX
Now that we don't have our annual pre-season game anymore want to play a game tonight?

I'll be around after 9 CT
I'll be doing a fantasy draft starting at 8est, but I can try to multitask.

If I end up with Jordy Nelson its on you!

DCX

Greg

sure, and in FPS games you're accountable for what's only in front of you, making movement itself more strategic. it goes both ways, friend.
without indicators (map markers, sound, etc.), how is moving blind more strategic?

Greg

Why are people arguing over console shooters? Being the best shit is still shit.
I'm talking 1st vs 3rd in general

here's something you can relate to!
uOxGvI4.jpg

Greg

if you can explain to me how looking around a corner without moving your character to do so is cool

maybe

we can be fam again
what information do you have to relay to your team if you're facing a wall? what informed decisions can you make yourself from that same view?

Smokey

what information do you have to relay to your team if you're facing a wall? what informed decisions can you make yourself from that same view?

Nothing. Just as if you were looking at a wall right now. That's how it works with our eyes. You have to move to find information on the other team however that may be. Being able to say "There's 3 guys coming down A" when you're laying prone looking at a block of concrete ain't right. It's basically advanced camping.

Greg

so having less information to process means there's more strategy involved?

it becomes more about aiming than positioning at that point

git em greg!

welp looks like we can't get enough people interested in a tournament. thanks a lot scumbags!

im going to play some mgs but ill also play madden if needed

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
HOUSTON -- Rockets center Dwight Howard was detained at George Bush Intercontinental Airport on Friday for having a handgun in his carry-on bag.

What kind of incredible moron do you have to be to do that?

yes pick any team you want. 1 game playoff!

gg crimson. i truly hate krapernick :( one of those INT's was my fault... the others were terrible throws by him!

p.s.

bracket updated

I'm happy that Goodell is getting fucked sideways but it's hilarious seeing Patriots fans act as if America gained independence from the British all over again

BigAT

How many L's is roger gonna take before being let go?

Roger could take his dick out during a press conference and wag it around and the owners wouldn't even consider firing him:

Each of the NFL’s 32 teams received a $226.4 million payout from the league’s revenue-sharing program, a generous slice of the $7.2 billion pie pumped up by massive television contracts.

I'm happy that Goodell is getting fucked sideways but it's hilarious seeing Patriots fans act as if America gained independence from the British all over again

New New England

Declared independence from Great Britain in 1776
Declared independence from NFL rogue commissioner in 2015

Smokey

Got MUTRewards in M16 -- it was 7500 coins. Showed up as "Customer Service Pack". I guess depending on your level the coin amount changes.

Top Bottom