• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

LJ11

Haven't played much MUT in the last two days because of Rocket League, my buddy and I are decent at this point and it's just stupid fun. We didn't play at all in August so I'm catching up. 3 days of MUT coming up, but I didn't really fuck with the AH at all this week.

I like the gameplay on 16 even if D is shit to some extent, or rather you can't get away with running the same 3 deep shell all game. Man defense is viable unless you have outside breaking routes. Just want to see how bad aggressive catch is against humans. Played a couple of randoms in Draft Champ and I smoked the opponents but one had Green-Beckham and he came down with too many catches. Corners were tiny, and I managed to swat it away with the swat button but he came down with too many.

The canned animations just lock you in as a DB, much more so than the WR.

Smokey

Haven't played much MUT in the last two days because of Rocket League, my buddy and I are decent at this point and it's just stupid fun. We didn't play at all in August so I'm catching up. 3 days of MUT coming up, but I didn't really fuck with the AH at all this week.

I like the gameplay on 16 even if D is shit to some extent, or rather you can't get away with running the same 3 deep shell all game. Man defense is viable unless you have outside breaking routes. Just want to see how bad aggressive catch is against humans. Played a couple of randoms in Draft Champ and I smoked the opponents but one had Green-Beckham and he came down with too many catches. Corners were tiny, and I managed to swat it away with the swat button but he came down with too many.

The canned animations just lock you in as a DB, much more so than the WR.

I've been working the AH for Captain set cards for the past hour or so. I've found multiple for 1.1k or less.

BigAT

MUT reminds me of why I quit Diablo 3, in that playing the auction house was far more effective than playing the game.

LJ11

I've been working the AH for Captain set cards for the past hour or so. I've found multiple for 1.1k or less.

Yup, that's how you make coin. I'm betting it gets harder as the year progresses, still a lot of noobies to exploit. But around January it's going to be a good idea to stock up on 72-74 overall players and have them ready for the next set. By then you may be done with Madden, but just another idea.

Edit: I like playing the game too AT, but the AH is just as much fun, good to get away from the cheddar as well. It's just that you have to grind the AH to get that coin to build up the squad. Draft Champs may be a good option but you have to win 4 in a row and the games take 20 minutes at best.

rando14

D3 Auction house was removed a long time ago, for good reason. Like AT said, in a game where grinding for gear is the Main (read: only) reason to play, why in the DUCK would you make gear easy to buy??

BigAT

isn't the auction house not in D3 anymore?

or was that just the console version?

This is in the first couple of months it was out. It was also before they completely changed the drop rates, which were ABYSMAL right out of the gate and only encouraged the need to rely entirely on the auction house.

I maxed a character to 60 and beat the game on normal with several other classes with seeing a single unique item drop that entirely time. Fuck that.

Smokey

Man the Legends market really picked up. The set cards are now in the 20K range. Glad I got some cheap badges last weekend.

Just completed Joe Horn set tho yis

DJ Bowser

Man the Legends market really picked up. The set cards are now in the 20K range. Glad I got some cheap badges last weekend.

Just completed Joe Horn set tho yis
Yeah, I'm pissed I got on the MUT train a week too late. By the time I was on Monday the badges weren't nearly as cheap as you guys said they were last week.

Also really digging some of the new gameplay stuff. Seems like blockers actually look for defenders in the open field instead of standing around like morons.

eznark

Banned
Someone give me the basics of what I should be doing in MUT. Looks like we have a long time til the season starts.

I have a 77 overall team, 44k in gold. I'm not really close to completing any sets except the stadiums though.

brentech

I don't have any desire to watch the market. I'll sell cards using mutmanager as a guide, but then just buy packs with my coins cause that's all I care to do.

Been mixing in Madden, Diablo 3, and now Shadows of Mordor to finally finish that off.
Trying to finish off any games I left half done so I don't even think about redownloading them when my 6700k finally arrives.

eznark

Banned
Anyone want to play something? Planned on golfing 36 today but I think I lost 25 pounds of sweat after 18, and I still have a whole weekend of golfing in front of me!

Greg

Someone give me the basics of what I should be doing in MUT. Looks like we have a long time til the season starts.

I have a 77 overall team, 44k in gold. I'm not really close to completing any sets except the stadiums though.
shit is boring, but just go through the journey challenges - you start getting gold cards, all-pro packs, elite packs, and then double elite packs

I didn't touch the AH and the packs/rewards from journey got my team to like 86 OVR while my punter and kicker were still in their 60s

all the sets and shit seemed like things you jump into once you're well-established or have piles of coins to play the AH with because there always seems to be a catch card that'll drain you

Hot BBQ wings at Buffalo Wild Wings are the shit
I like that mango habanero sauce, but I don't really like their wings compared to a lot of places

Smokey

The "Warehouse" sets don't do anything but get you different degrees of badges, which you can use in other sets.

You should be playing the solo challenges to get more coins and packs. Eventually you'll get better players. You can flip those on the Auction House for more coins. Those coins can be used to purchase packs or better players. Rinse/Repeat. You could go through the Journey challenges like Greg did and get some really good cards by the end.

The "Warehouse" sets don't do anything but get you different degrees of badges, which you can use in other sets.

You should be playing the solo challenges to get more coins and packs. Eventually you'll get better players. You can flip those on the Auction House for more coins. Those coins can be used to purchase packs or better players. Rinse/Repeat. You could go through the Journey challenges like Greg did and get some really good cards by the end.

Let's play a MUT game

cdyhybrid

Question for streamers here - can you set the stream to only display a specific window (i.e. the game you're playing)? I want to be able to tab out of the game for a moment to check Facebook chat without broadcasting my name to the internet, and I only have one monitor.

TheCrow

Question for streamers here - can you set the stream to only display a specific window (i.e. the game you're playing)? I want to be able to tab out of the game for a moment to check Facebook chat without broadcasting my name to the internet, and I only have one monitor.
Yep. Either with game capture or window capture.

maybe if I was invited

JUST SAYIN'

rage.gif

time for packers GAF only tourney. Lets go brent!

Smokey

Yeah I got a date there Saturday night. Not sure what to expect... last time I hit a golf ball i was like 16 (and there was no alcohol involved). Did you make a fool of yourself?

Nah Top Golf is fun man. You get food and drinks brought to your area. It's more of a social setting.

Pro Tip: If you're going on weekend get there mad early. Especially since this is the start of college football. The wait can easily get to 1hr+ on the weekend. Also so you can get a
spot on the 4th level.

Nah Top Golf is fun man. You get food and drinks brought to your area. It's more of a social setting.

Pro Tip: If you're going on weekend get there mad early. Especially since this is the start of college football. The wait can easily get to 1hr+ on the weekend. Also so you can get a
spot on the 4th level.

How early is early? We are supposed to meet up at 8pm. They have a bar while you wait for a place to golf right? An hour at the bar bullshittin before golf doesn't sound that bad!

Edit -----

fmt is full of excuses!

Top Bottom