• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Trying to cancel my Verizon DSL but they won't let me without calling :(

My current DSL plan is 7 down, 1 up, for the same price if I switch to TWC I can get 100 down 10 up.

Edit: And the Time Warner website goes down right as I submit my order. What a day.

This explains everything

BigAT

Busiest night of the year at work. My first New Year's as the Sommelier. My immune system crapped the bed Sunday and I got locked out of my apartment and will be arriving for dinner service later than I planned after being sweaty stressed and miserable.

This does not bode well for this evening. FML. Only Tebow can save me now.

TFW you go to work sweaty stressed and miserable.

tumblr_inline_n8sxvt992M1s3gssg.gif

CK guilted you into proper internet. Well played.

Nah, I've been planning this for awhile. I was just waiting until after the holidays to do it because having switched moved in December once before, trying to get that stuff done in December is a nightmare.

I remember that one time I played Purple and we had to restart like 4 times with Purple yelling at me, all while he was on DSL

The nerve!

I had had some minor lag in games before that, but nothing as bad as what I experienced against you. Honestly the biggest issues with my connection were that I couldn't stream and it took forever to download patches.

brentech

I have to check out this college football thread for the AZ commentary:
"This wind is dumb"
"QB option is overpowered in college"
"Why is this defense allowed to tackle Clemson players by the pads"

and other great Madden-esque complaints

"This wind is dumb"

I did complain about the bogus PI. Was that ok?

"This wind is dumb"

did oklahoma happen to run a draw play on 3rd and long?

Greg

explain this...

in R6 I got 4 of the first 5 kills, and then my teammate kills me saying he felt like killing me

and then he teamkills me at the beginning of the next round

3rd round I immediately teamkill him and I get kicked for teamkilling

Ferny

explain this...

in R6 I got 4 of the first 5 kills, and then my teammate kills me saying he felt like killing me

If you do it right at the beginning of a round, it's more likely it will get you kicked.

rando14

explain this...

an Eye for an Eye makes the whole world blind

- Rando

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
There was a really good 4-3 outside linebacker that lasted until late second round. Those are easy enough to stick in the middle

I got a mid level guy last year, but he needs to grow a lot. He's going to be starting ILB next game. I'm supplanting both my ILB in favor of youth and speed.

that is what i did last year and it worked out well enough. the thing is, if you manually play LB a decent amount of the time, you can just look at speed/accel/tack/block shedding exclusively. pointless to care what their man/zone coverage or anything else is because you'll be controlling them.

the problem with using the 60's rated guys was when i'd use safety or the other LB, they couldn't make the plays needed so its a give and take. this season i signed some slower vets with high ratings elsewhere to help with that. i rotated them against the cowboys depending on the situation and it seemed to work out well enough. in formations i typically use against the run i had Brooks (slow as hell but high hit power/bsh/awr) and in other formations i had my faster idiot LB.

i wish tiburon would let us set specific formation packages prior to the games. i'm not going to sit there and go through every player in every formation during the play selection process

http://challonge.com/qnuz77mn

soka/bowser play your game on new years eve like cool people would do! dont concern yourselves with finger banging some girls in a dingy bathroom bar tonight!

p.s.

should we run another DC tourney after this? i would consider this one a success! but now that the season is back im not sure if people are content with just regular league play

I got a good OLB in the draft, 2nd in true talent, but he has slow development. Good thing everybody has slow dev since XP is dumb in this game.

Oh shit I forgot the CFP game was going on.

brentech

that is what i did last year and it worked out well enough. the thing is, if you manually play LB a decent amount of the time, you can just look at speed/accel/tack/block shedding exclusively. pointless to care what their man/zone coverage or anything else is because you'll be controlling them.

the problem with using the 60's rated guys was when i'd use safety or the other LB, they couldn't make the plays needed so its a give and take. this season i signed some slower vets with high ratings elsewhere to help with that. i rotated them against the cowboys depending on the situation and it seemed to work out well enough. in formations i typically use against the run i had Brooks (slow as hell but high hit power/bsh/awr) and in other formations i had my faster idiot LB.

i wish tiburon would let us set specific formation packages prior to the games. i'm not going to sit there and go through every player in every formation during the play selection process
I've recently been playing a lot of safety. Both are rated a 74 I believe. Not sure if that's their true rating or in my system.
Hopefully they'll be fine because they're both like +10 speed over the current starters.

Top Bottom