• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

So was there ever a draft spreadsheet last year or is the system actually legit finally?
System is legit, it is all randomized.

I haven't done enough drafts yet to see what positions are stacked or vice versa. Last year you could scout every attribute but you could only scout so many positions. This year you can scout more positions but you only get their top three ratings revealed and you have to go off the combine to get a sense of their speed/agility/acceleration/strength/jumping

What I did last year was to fully scout most needed positions (if they graded out well in certain areas) and then to scout consistency the others...consistency was often a pretty big tell on what the other attributes might be and if a guy is worth scouting more. This year it's more simplified.

If you have a 3-4 defense though, doesn't seem like many good pass rushing OLBs and 3-4 DEs come through so I'm going to see how effective drafting and converting a 4-3 DT is.

TheCrow

ipwjkNP.jpg

Mrbob

Diablo seasons are pretty, pretty, pretty good. I wish Blizzard would enable server side characters on consoles so we could get the same feature there.

Mrbob

That looks pretty cool but it makes me yearn for a real tycoon builder. Hopefully Roller Coaster Tycoon World ends up well.

brentech

I finished up the MUT Pro challenges. On to All-pro. I was at the point of costing 28 contracts per game so I finally just readjusted my roster. Back down from 79ovr to 75, but whatever. I still have over 400 contracts, but I'll re add the better guys when needed.

After starting a crusader and barbarian, in D3, I gotta say - they're pretty redundant and Barbarian is much more fun.
I also grouped with a witch doctor for a great rift and it looked terrible so I'll forgo starting a WD. Might just run with my barbarian and demon hunter.

Mrbob

I finished up the MUT Pro challenges. On to All-pro. I was at the point of costing 28 contracts per game so I finally just readjusted my roster. Back down from 79ovr to 75, but whatever. I still have over 400 contracts, but I'll re add the better guys when needed.

After starting a crusader and barbarian, in D3, I gotta say - they're pretty redundant and Barbarian is much more fun.
I also grouped with a witch doctor for a great rift and it looked terrible so I'll forgo starting a WD. Might just run with my barbarian and demon hunter.

I'm playing a Crusader as my season character on PC and I have to agree Barbarian is more fun early on. I'm level 35 right now and some of the later Crusader abilities seem fun. We'll see how it holds up.

Are you going to be playing on PS4 tonight? Send me a message on Steam and I'll hop into the game with my Demon Hunter.

brentech

I'm playing a Crusader as my season character on PC and I have to agree Barbarian is more fun early on. I'm level 35 right now and some of the later Crusader abilities seem fun. We'll see how it holds up.

Are you going to be playing on PS4 tonight? Send me a message on Steam and I'll hop into the game with my Demon Hunter.

Yeah, my crusader i stopped at like 27, my barbarian I'm up to 50 or something. Just more fun even though they have a similar play style.
What do you do with legendary gems that are too shitty to bother upgrading or actually socketing? can you do something with them?

Greg

Greg your game of the generation is about to bundle the base game and season pass into one package at a low price. I might bite.
do it!

they're supposed to be including more difficulty levels soon (in both directions)... I'll run through every event again if that's the case

brentech

Apparently there is(or used to be) a legendary gem you could get that would go into a weapon and remove the level requirement so you could give it to your level 1 character for fast leveling.
Is that still a thing?

Went to pick up Taco Bell and then decided to stop by Sonic too on my way back because I didn't think I got enough at Taco Bell.

Death is nearer for me than anybody else here.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We should be able to start the league as soon as this patch hits.

Did all the teams get decided?

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/09/0...l-16-addresses-aggressive-catch-success-rates

A tuning update for Madden NFL 16 went out today, the primary purpose of which appears to be adjusting the risk/reward aspect of deep passes. Tuners allow EA to push out tweaks to the way the game plays without going through the lengthy patch process
While some have felt the balance proved close to fair between pass-catchers and defenders, there have definitely been some head-shaking situations where catches were pulled in that probably shouldn’t have been – and those not being limited to the high Spectacular Catch guys. The way people play online has been affected by that, with Draft Champions in particular turning into games of just throwing it deep on a majority of plays.

Additionally, creative director Rex Dickson today said that the patch is coming “very soon”. Next week now looks like a reasonable expectation for that, which would put it about two weeks post-release. That patch is highly anticipated as it will address the many bugs that have impacted the game including the encroachment bug and those that led EA to suggest waiting on starting with Franchise Mode.

We should be able to start the league as soon as this patch hits.

Did all the teams get decided?

I think the open teams are the Steelers, Titans, Cowboys, Saints, Rams. People who will need a team:
Pete
Drizzler/Bowser
Sickboy
LJ
AT/Wellie

Greg

it felt fair to me against good defenders on all-madden... probably even weighted more towards the defender if anything

in general though it was pretty bad

I wish they factored timing into it more because locking in a catch/defense type seconds before the play happens makes it feel canned even though it looks cool

LJ11

Nobody saw this coming

Especially after last year. The best player last season, or one of, could manually catch in double coverage all game long, it was fucking crazy. And then EA went and made it easier.

I made an impulse purchase this afternoon, bought an ultra wide screen monitor. Wanted to try one out, I've probably made a bad decision, story of my life, lol. Any of you have experience with these types of displays? Figured $200 isn't much to give a try.

Top Bottom