• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

DJ Bowser

Started a franchise to test out scouting and drafting, so naturally I traded away a few good players and stocked up on draft picks. Simmed the season while doing scouting every couple weeks.

At the end of the season I got fired, lost all the scouting, and was hired by the Raiders... whom I had taken some picks from in prior trades. Ouch.

cdyhybrid

WhY would someone buy an appleTV? What does it provide that is unique? I'm honestly asking, haven't kept up with it

L82dn2x.jpg

Sanjuro

Chromecast is fine for nerds. Same reasoning if you asked someone on here, they would say, "I can just use my Xbox for this stuff!"

In reality, most people don't give a shit about what other devices can do these things. They want a popular brand, that does simple shit. Even then they are going to fuck up how to use it in all likelihood.

EDIT: hahaha Apple screensavers!

Started a franchise to test out scouting and drafting, so naturally I traded away a few good players and stocked up on draft picks. Simmed the season while doing scouting every couple weeks.

At the end of the season I got fired, lost all the scouting, and was hired by the Raiders... whom I had taken some picks from in prior trades. Ouch.

If you skip scouting some weeks, you'll lose a percentage of the points you had to start with. Not sure if you knew that or was in full fuck-it mode.

DJ Bowser

If you skip scouting some weeks, you'll lose a percentage of the points you had to start with. Not sure if you knew that or was in full fuck-it mode.
After week 8 I felt like I was wasting too much time and just decided to fuck it because I was just trying to get the gist of the system anyhow.

After week 8 I felt like I was wasting too much time and just decided to fuck it because I was just trying to get the gist of the system anyhow.

I think I already have a pretty decent idea on how I'm going to handle scouting this year.

But just like player development, I wish they would have met somewhere in the middle between what was last year and this year. They say players developed too easily in previous versions (I didn't really see that) and now, game prep is worthless. And with scouting, I like that we can scout more positions, but I'd have liked to be able to scout more attributes. I like the idea of the combine though and that we don't see physical attributes as a grade.

Also, they should put more emphasis on player type than player scheme. For example Bruce Irvin is a 3-4 pass rusher in a Base 4-3 scheme...ok so then say he should be in a 3-4 scheme!?

Do you also buy the cheapest toilet paper? Is that why you are always so unbearable?

How are you making a decision on just the price point??

Because the old apple TV wasn't worth the price tag over the competitors, so I'm trying to figure out what the fuck they're going to provide for an extra 50 bucks that will make it worth it.

My guess is nothing.

This Apple conference. So much new technology to learn. So many new things to support.

I'm never gonna get to sleep :(

I think I already have a pretty decent idea on how I'm going to handle scouting this year.

But just like player development, I wish they would have met somewhere in the middle between what was last year and this year. They say players developed too easily in previous versions (I didn't really see that) and now, game prep is worthless. And with scouting, I like that we can scout more positions, but I'd have liked to be able to scout more attributes. I like the idea of the combine though and that we don't see physical attributes as a grade.

Also, they should put more emphasis on player type than player scheme. For example Bruce Irvin is a 3-4 pass rusher in a Base 4-3 scheme...ok so then say he should be in a 3-4 scheme!?

I started a franchise just playing as one player, one thing that pissed me off was the player prep options. I had two choices, one that took 20 hours and one that took 60. The game gives you 70 hours. So 10 hours is wasted no matter what you do, stupid! Also playing as a Strong Safety locks me into that defensive camera which is interesting.

Because the old apple TV wasn't worth the price tag over the competitors, so I'm trying to figure out what the fuck they're going to provide for an extra 50 bucks that will make it worth it.

My guess is nothing.

The new remote and the app support. Whether that's worth $50 more is up to you.

DJ Bowser

Yeah, the game prep is completely useless now. The only efficient thing to do is just to boost the confidence of whatever players you want to, which is pretty dumb.

I also don't like that you can't sort the players based on the combine stats (as far as I know) and have to open the player's card to see their combine stats. That's something they were able to do back in '06... why not now?

Ferny

So for someone who already has a console appletv is redundant unless I want to play mobile phone games on my tv?

No, this one is much better hardware. The old one had a laggy interface and couldn't support more apps being added. If what's currently there works for you though, or a firestick works for you, then stick with it.

Is the price a bit much? Yes.

Am I getting one because I'm an idiot and entrenched in the Apple Ecosystem? Also Yes.

eznark

Banned

My guess is nothing.

When it first came out (what...6 years ago??) it was easily the best streaming box. I have't seen the conference, so I have no idea what they added.

Somnia

I mean think the AppleTV is nice, but I have a xb1 and a ps4 hooked up to my TV that has pretty much everything I need app wise. Just don't see the need own one right now.

The Apple TV is basically what all the non-gaming functions of the XBone and PS4 wanted to be. It just isn't $500.

If you are happy with those features of your console or a FireTV stick etc, then no, I don't see a point in getting one. This is really more aimed at people who don't own gaming consoles.

I mean think the AppleTV is nice, but I have a xb1 and a ps4 hooked up to my TV that has pretty much everything I need app wise. Just don't see the need own one right now.

Yeah, I bought an Amazon FireTV stick and realized that the main things I would use it for, I already do on my 360/PS4 (if the PS4 had real Twitch support I'd stop using my 360 altogether). I did get a second tv though so I'll probably hook the FireTV up in my bedroom for watching movies in bed or something.

Madden patch is up: http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/09/0...dressing-many-of-the-reported-bugs#more-99852

♦Addressed issue where AI defenders would get encroachment penalties after random huddle breaks and occasionally during the no-huddle offense
♦Addressed rare issue where receivers were called down by contact even when they weren’t being touched
♦Addressed quarterback locomotion warps on certain drop backs

Franchise does not need to be restarted for these fixes to be implemented.
♦Addressed issue where players could receive over 100 confidence resulting in extreme short-term attribute boosts during games
♦Tuned regression for offensive linemen
♦Tuned rookie deep accuracy rating
♦Tuned supersim stats where pocket quarterbacks were generating too many rushing attempts
♦Addressed issue where team could sign elite free agents for a low amount
♦Addressed issue where some free agents would disappear from the free agent pool

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Harvest is just occasional scattered golden leaves. Barely noticeable.

Sirocco is a dust/sandstorm sort of effect, the most noticeable one.

Pestilence looks like how you'd expect it to. Bugs/ash rain.

So a bunch of garbage!

Give me the fucking winter map to use year around volvo.

The new dota runs better on my computer than old dota. I do have all the settings turned off so it actually looks worse.
Is it smooth? You could probably have some basic settings on and still run ok

We need our hero Fmt. We won a game last night but i somehow got to level 25 and had gotten blink, ags, and force staff (for elite mobility) and STILL had enough at the end for black king bar, I had so much money I didn't know what to do!

Theres a bunch of clouds by me but no rain. I wish there were rain!

It's sunny as fuck over here in Venice. I walked out to the beach at lunch and could feel the temperature getting lower, it was glorious. Then I had to go back to work.

I would love for it to rain right now.

It's 80 here, humid, and rainy

I like all of the above except the humid part, that part can go fuck right off. Took my dog out for a piss and I thought I was in a god damn sauna

We need our hero Fmt. We won a game last night but i somehow got to level 25 and had gotten blink, ags, and force staff (for elite mobility) and STILL had enough at the end for black king bar, I had so much money I didn't know what to do!

Yeah it played great. I don't want to risk anything messing with the settings though.

I will play doter tonight! Have to use my new costumes!

Top Bottom