• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

as a reminder to all:

THERE IS NO MANUAL BLITZING OF A DEFENSIVE PLAYER! if you are going to rush the QB you need to pick a defensive lineman and stay on the line to do it. of course if the QB starts to scramble he is fair game but not at the snap and rushing in on him manually

DJ Bowser

GG

Games are real fucking hard when you dont have a QB that can throw. Who knew!

That was not too fun. Your run D is tough- then I was dreary-eyed and didn't really bother trying to read your coverage which seemed to be spot on for everything I tried to hit.

GG. Don't know where my tackling was on the long TD.

TheCrow

21caV2e.gif

happytears.gif

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/09/12492/

AT its time for some CS again

Also if eznark doesn't want to play blue I'll put him on autopilot, if he refuses to play a game over shit that happened so long ago I don't even remember what year.

Also I am fairly certain drop in players are all hockey stoners, nightz was right. The drop in hockey community seems way better than Fifa's so far though; but I'm sure I'll have the game where I want to gouge my eyes out

Also if eznark doesn't want to play blue I'll put him on autopilot, if he refuses to play a game over shit that happened so long ago I don't even remember what year.

Also I am fairly certain drop in players are all hockey stoners, nightz was right. The drop in hockey community seems way better than Fifa's so far though; but I'm sure I'll have the game where I want to gouge my eyes out

looks like I'm bringing my rig to school!

BigAT

Nice. Seems like a good excuse to hop back in.

McNei1y

It's like 2013 all over again. We're revisiting all of these old games! Count me in!

LJ11

Remember when I said I wouldn't purchase the game unless it were an added mode in Madden? I take that back. I want NCAA. Football and Basketball.

Edit: Also LJ, I'll be around 8pm tonight.

Sure thing, I'll be there.

Smokey, still haven't spotted AJ Hawk in the wild, or Stills. I'll stay on the hunt unless you're done.

eznark

Banned
Fucking appeasers. This is why a coward like Obama is too terrified to stand up to Iran.

Fine Ayatolla Bluemax, I'll play you Thursday night.

Splat

as a reminder to all:

THERE IS NO MANUAL BLITZING OF A DEFENSIVE PLAYER! if you are going to rush the QB you need to pick a defensive lineman and stay on the line to do it. of course if the QB starts to scramble he is fair game but not at the snap and rushing in on him manually

To clarify, we're allowed to blitz on runs/play action, correct? And if we guess wrong you have to switch off the player asap.

To clarify, we're allowed to blitz on runs/play action, correct? And if we guess wrong you have to switch off the player asap.

Yea, the play action is a bit of a grey spot. I would like clarification on this too.

also who is next on the FA draft, it's killing me seeing players in FA I can't get because we're not done yet!

LJ11

GG

Games are real fucking hard when you dont have a QB that can throw. Who knew!

Don't lead anything CB, just stand still in the pocket, make sure your QB has his feet set when you throw. Make sure he hits that backfoot too. It's not as bad as it looks, but I also think AWR plays a big factor. That pressure shit rattles the bad QBs and they air mail the throw.

Don't lead anything CB, just stand still in the pocket, make sure your QB has his feet set when you throw. Make sure he hits that backfoot too. It's not as bad as it looks, and I also think AWR plays a big factor. That pressure shit rattles the bad QBs and they air mail the throw.

I've been trying to look up what AWR does for a QB.

So many conflicting reports, some say it does nothing because the user is controlling, others say it does little. I saw one person post it largely effects manually leading the ball, and one say it only effects when the CPU auto leads the ball.

I'm gonna assume it effects leading the ball in a big way, cause if it doesn't then QB's like RG3 would be gold with low awareness and high run with medium accuracy stats.

Smokey

Don't lead anything CB, just stand still in the pocket, make sure your QB has his feet set when you throw. Make sure he hits that backfoot too. It's not as bad as it looks, but I also think AWR plays a big factor. That pressure shit rattles the bad QBs and they air mail the throw.

none of this applies to Mallet

Greg

yeah, this is the big difference maker in my experience for some reason... you'd think more input is a good thing

it's a coin flip even with above average QBs

LJ11

I've been trying to look up what AWR does for a QB.

So many conflicting reports, some say it does nothing because the user is controlling, others say it does little. I saw one person post it largely effects manually leading the ball, and one say it only effects when the CPU auto leads the ball.

I'm gonna assume it effects leading the ball in a big way, cause if it doesn't then QB's like RG3 would be gold with low awareness and high run with medium accuracy stats.

I've played with 99 QBs with mid 90s awareness and 99 with low 80s, other stats were all equal (Luck vs Wilson) in Madden 15 and it shows up on ball placement. More often than not, a QB with high AWR will often place the ball in a better spot when the coverage is super tight. You ever play against a good QB, that throws it into coverage and it should be a pick 100% of the time but he manages to throw it in just the spot where no one can get it. That's AWR if you ask me.

The reason I think it plays a slightly bigger role this year is with the pressure warning. You can sit in the pocket calmly, but if the pressure is close enough your QB just air mails the open receiver. That's not to say I haven't made good passes while under pressure either, I have, just think that it fluctuates a lot more than any other game and QB awareness may play a roll. We won't truly know until the better QBs release in MUT, or someone creates a QB with high awareness and tests it out.

it definitely feels like throwing is, slower?

I don't know how to describe it, maybe it's just harder to throw bullet passes?

But overall I think the new throwing system is far more punishing than last year, that and there is a distinctly tangible decrease in dropped interceptions when a ball is thrown to a defenders face.

Greg

they went overboard with the inaccuracy thing, and 'pressure' has too much of an influence over routine throws (or maybe the radius of what's considered pressure is too big)

I like that there are overthrows and bad throws that don't have to lead to INTs this year, but even the big window throws are far from a lock

rinse82

The gap between good QB's and bad QB's is wider.

EJ Manuel can't even make a simple 6 yard pass to the flat without missing by a mile.

Amazon.CA is taking so long with my NHL order wtf.

Somnia

How are you not consistently a 10 win team with the Packers?

BTW Ferny. I got my warlock up to 20 and should be 30+ tonight. I have a regular group of IRL friends that group/raid/pvp all the time if you want in on the action once I start playing with them.

LJ11

they went overboard with the inaccuracy thing, and 'pressure' has too much of an influence over routine throws (or maybe the radius of what's considered pressure is too big)

I like that there are overthrows and bad throws that don't have to lead to INTs this year, but even the big window throws are far from a lock

Yeah, the inaccuracy may be a bit overdone when the pressure is on. I sailed a throw against Cheeto that had a wide open window, but the pressure was on and it was a 20 yard post, overthrew it but Thomas still made a great play to get to it. My feet were set too when I threw, and I threw to an open area, but it was such an overthrow that Thomas was still able to get to it.

I kind of like the passing system right now, I haven't played a ton against human competition, but it's a bit better than last year. Last year felt automatic, there wasn't enough punishment for making a bad read or running and throwing off your back foot. My only complaint is with deepball accuracy, and again not enough game time against human comp, but it feels like QB throw power is all you need for downfield accuracy.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Are we allowed to just sign anyone now and the draft is over? I see on the DaddyLeagues site that a bunch of moves are being made.

The drops are killer as well.

Yeah, the inaccuracy may be a bit overdone when the pressure is on. I sailed a throw against Cheeto that had a wide open window, but the pressure was on and it was a 20 yard post, overthrew it but Thomas still made a great play to get to it. My feet were set too when I threw, and I threw to an open area, but it was such an overthrow that Thomas was still able to get to it.

I kind of like the passing system right now, I haven't played a ton against human competition, but it's a bit better than last year. Last year felt automatic, there wasn't enough punishment for making a bad read or running and throwing off your back foot. My only complaint is with deepball accuracy, and again not enough game time against human comp, but it feels like QB throw power is all you need for downfield accuracy.

Yea, I think this year has a lot better ballence.

I mean, the people who are complaining about QB accuracy, Smokey and I for the most part, have absolute shit QB's who in real life have horribly inaccurate throws, even without major pressure.

The gap is big here, just like the gap is big in real life when it comes to having a mediocre QB and a great QB.
Are we allowed to just sign anyone now and the draft is over? I see on the DaddyLeagues site that a bunch of moves are being made.

Draft isn't over, unless nobody updated the list.

brentech

My only complaint is with deepball accuracy, and again not enough game time against human comp, but it feels like QB throw power is all you need for downfield accuracy.

Manziel has good throw power. I've taken 2 deep shots with him and the ball sails like 10 yards out of bounds. It's terrible. But, he has low deep ball accuracy (in the 60s) so....working as intended?

Ferny

BTW Ferny. I got my warlock up to 20 and should be 30+ tonight. I have a regular group of IRL friends that group/raid/pvp all the time if you want in on the action once I start playing with them.
Sure, I'm two levels from 40 at the moment.

Greg

draft is still going

only 69 OVR or under players are free game right now
yeah, it feels like defenders have a huge impact on if it's a catch or not even after it's in the hands of the receiver - probably more so than they should to highlight having the option to catch with X

Top Bottom