• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

LJ11

Manziel has good throw power. I've taken 2 deep shots with him and the ball sails like 10 yards out of bounds. It's terrible. But, he has low deep ball accuracy (in the 60s) so....working as intended?

Are you leading the ball at all, or using the passing modifiers? I swear, against the CPU on all Madden if I have a fast WR and I lay it out there with a big armed QB it's usually a catch.

By the way, I'm not sure how many of you guys used L2 button to pass last year, but I didn't until I started with MUT. Maybe it was placebo, but that changed my deepball trajectory big time. They've obviously changed it this year, but holding L2 while passing had some influence on your throwing. That won't be the case this year, but the modifiers do add properties that are strange. I know one guy was saying he could nail back shoulder throws against man coverage by holding L2.

Need to test this stuff out, MUT grind keeps me from doing so.

brentech

yeah, it feels like defenders have a huge impact on if it's a catch or not even after it's in the hands of the receiver - probably more so than they should to highlight having the option to catch with X

Whether that part is realistic or not, I think that's what makes the aggressive catch balanced though for a more overall realistic experience.
Are you leading the ball at all, or using the passing modifiers? I swear, against the CPU on all Madden if I have a fast WR and I lay it out there with a big armed QB it's usually a catch.
Just use the lob pass, no other modifier. Ball literally lands 5-10 yards out of bounds. Deep enough, just not in the field of play. Again, only two big shots attempted. He did throw a nice ball down the middle of the field in my game last night, off his back foot no less.

LJ11

Whether that part is realistic or not, I think that's what makes the aggressive catch balanced though for a more overall realistic experience.

Just use the lob pass, no other modifier. Ball literally lands 5-10 yards out of bounds. Deep enough, just not in the field of play. Again, only two big shots attempted. He did throw a nice ball down the middle of the field in my game last night, off his back foot no less.

So you're not holding the L1 button? All I do is tap the receiver icon when I go deep. Franchise may be different though, fucking confidence and all this other nonsense playing a roll.

brentech

So you're not holding the L1 button? All I do is tap the receiver icon when I go deep. Franchise may be different though, fucking confidence and all this other nonsense playing a roll.

No. Like I said, just tapping the receiver button, the classic lob pass, no modifiers.

When I lob it with Cuttler I basically have a 50/50 chance of having the ball be in bounds or launched way out of bounds, and that's just lightly touching the button.

Cuttler has similar stats to Jonny Football deep accuracy wise. What does L1 do, make the ball go higher? I can only image that's sending it into the grandstands if I start using that button.

Somnia

Sure, I'm two levels from 40 at the moment.

Ignore Az, I'll be playing this till Halo 5 as there's nothing else to play. Then we will take over Warzone between Destiny games.

I'm getting BLOPS also, but mainly only for zombies (on xb1).

Greg

By the way, I'm not sure how many of you guys used L2 button to pass last year, but I didn't until I started with MUT. Maybe it was placebo, but that changed my deepball trajectory big time. They've obviously changed it this year, but holding L2 while passing had some influence on your throwing. That won't be the case this year, but the modifiers do add properties that are strange. I know one guy was saying he could nail back shoulder throws against man coverage by holding L2.

Need to test this stuff out, MUT grind keeps me from doing so.
yup, L2 made a huge difference last year - deep balls and fades especially

my only problem is with catches where I have enough separation on screen that I think I should be able to use square to catch, secure the ball, and then get a couple yards

I don't want huge yardage after the catch, but I don't want my WR to catch the ball and fall right to the ground like a bitch

it seems like after using square to catch, the window for a defender to make an impact on the catch is longer than it should be... leads to lots of frustrating drops on even the sure-handed targets

trashcan

rage.gif

rage.gif

rage.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Pick #1. Titans - Carl Nicks (LG)
Pick #2. Jags - Jermichael Finley (TE)
Pick #3. Raiders - Geno Hayes (LB)
Pick #4. Bucs - Dawan Landry
Pick # 5 : texans - Mike Williams (WR)
Pick # 6 : rams - Brian De La Puente (C)
Pick # 7 : chargers - Bernard Pollard (SS)
Pick # 8 : lions - Chris Meyers (C)
Pick # 9 : 49ers - Alfonzo Dennard (CB)
Pick # 10 : dolphins - Chris Cook (CB)
Pick # 11 cowboys - Tim Tebow (QB)
Pick # 12 : bears - Anthony Collins (LT)
Pick # 13: eagles - Chris Houston (CB)
Pick # 14 : packers - Orson Charles (TE)
Pick # 15 : bills - Jake Long (LT)
Pick # 16 : cards - Antoine Cason (CB)
Pick # 17 : redskins - Jeremy Miles (SS)
Pick # 18 : chiefs - Roberto Garza (C)
Pick # 19 : falcons - Samsom Satele (C)
Pick # 20 : ravens - Zeke Motta (SS)
Pick # 21: saints - Josh Morgan (WR)
Pick # 22 : steelers - Darnell Docket (RE)
Pick # 23 : seahawks - Chris Spencer (C)
Pick # 24 : panthers - "Some Corner"
Pick # 25 : colts
Pick # 26 : bengals
Pick # 27 : giants
Pick # 28 : jets
Pick # 29 : browns
Pick # 30 : patriots
Pick # 31 : vikings
Pick # 32 : broncos

That was the last i heard about the FA draft

brentech

Just saw this on the DaddyLeagues transactions page.
Phil Taylor 81 DT Signed

He was let go by the Browns and wasn't on my roster to start the preseason. I haven't even so much as glanced at free agency to this point....

CB3

I can try and glance through the transaction logs/rosters and match some things up.
Like Greg, who signed Terrancy Cody 76 OVR DT when he shouldnt have. He also has 7 defensive tackles on the roster!

Greg

I can try and glance through the transaction logs/rosters and match some things up.
Like Greg, who signed Terrancy Cody 76 OVR DT when he shouldnt have. He also has 7 defensive tackles on the roster!
DaddyLeague roster ratings are off

in Madden the 2 players I signed were 69 and 67

thank you

thank you

Yea, I don't know exactly why DaddyLeagues is different OVR wise.

We know they take the data from the EA servers, so I'm guessing it has to do something with the scheme fit and those modifiers?

Greg

when I was trying to make my decision for the initial draft pick I noticed they didn't match up, so I assumed the safe pick would be in-game - never considered the stats were weighted outside of your roster

I guess that's kind of an important thing to note for everyone

brentech

decided to play a MUT h2h...lol, my team is like a solid 10 points shy of my opponent. its like i'm playing an all madden team with my 79OVR

CB3

thank you

I checked the madden rosters. says they were in the 70's.

thank you.

Its possible they are taking into account scheme fit into overall.

CB3

thanks again

Its a misunderstanding. I dont think anyone realized or remember that the overall rating takes the specific team into account when showing that number. Thats our bad! Thats only an issue for the start of this season, really.

Still, both those guys neutral overall is above 70

brentech

lol. I ended up winning the MUT h2h game in overtime. Had the ball first and got a field goal. He marched all the way to my 1 yard line and threw a pick in the end zone.

Top Bottom