• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

brentech

God damn Hundley is terrible in Madden. Like 10x worse than any Browns QB in the game.
Playing preseason game and he can't hit anything

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The only way a penalty can happen is if the AI logic decide a penalty will happen.

There is a slider for how often penalties are called.

Hence, there are times when the AI decides a penalty will be committed, but decides to not call it.

It's ludicrous. The game is fake. If it chose to never have a penalty happen it could do so, and should do so.

But you can go down a long rabbit hole with that logic. Next would be weather. Then injuries. Might as well not play madden at all and just play dota!

eznark

Banned
it's like saying holding happens on every play in the NFL, but the refs just decide to call it when they feel like it. which is true!

with regards to penalties, there are corresponding animations that occur with the penalty. obviously PI isn't "random" when you are making contact yourself with the receiver

If you could watch a football game where no penalties were committed would you prefer it? Obviously you would.

That should be possible in Madden.

Penalties should only ever be called on user controlled players. The game itself shouldn't be committing penalties.

Are penalties bugged? If so I won't accept any. I honestly wasn't trying to piss you off.

I declined a penalty. A true samurai would have done the same.

Right I heard about the offsides one and I would've declined that if it had happened.

Gg Eznark. The wind plus lead passing being broken made me not want to throw the ball at all.

If you could watch a football game where no penalties were committed would you prefer it? Obviously you would.

That should be possible in Madden.

Penalties should only ever be called on user controlled players. The game itself shouldn't be committing penalties.

I declined a penalty. A true samurai would have done the same.

I thought you accepted it. Sorry. I really tried to do nothing that I thought would piss you off.

DJ Bowser

it's like saying holding happens on every play in the NFL, but the refs just decide to call it when they feel like it. which is true!

with regards to penalties, there are corresponding animations that occur with the penalty. obviously PI isn't "random" when you are making contact yourself with the receiver
PI isn't called enough. You can basically pick a WR downfield and it rarely ever gets called.

PI isn't called enough. You can basically pick a WR downfield and it rarely ever gets called.

Yea, if there was a PI/Defensive Holding slider I would see what happens when you crank that shit to max.

Cause you can still user a MLB and completely block off a route and no penalty will be called.

Right I heard about the offsides one and I would've declined that if it had happened.

Gg Eznark. The wind plus lead passing being broken made me not want to throw the ball at all.

I thought you accepted it. Sorry. I really tried to do nothing that I thought would piss you off.

Cheeto lets talk trade!

CB3

That's cool.

All im saying is try and contact him or dont! Posting about it more in here isnt gonna do anything.

Trust me, i wish everyone checked the thread for their next opponent. It would make things go faster and easier all around. Unfortunately thats not the world we live in!

Ferny

All im saying is try and contact him or dont! Posting about it more in here isnt gonna do anything.

Trust me, i wish everyone checked the thread for their next opponent. It would make things go faster and easier all around. Unfortunately thats not the world we live in!
All I'm saying is it should work both ways. One person should not be the only one trying to get the game in.

Regardless, PSN message sent.

Trasher

I won't be able to go late tonight because i have a Dr's appt first thing in the am.

I have no class tomorrow tho so I can play pretty much anytime. Just let me know what works best for you!

Looks like it won't be as bad as I thought. 8:30-9:00 might be more realistic though. That work?

CB3

All I'm saying is it should work both ways. One person should not be the only one trying to get the game in.

I know! Ive been there. You can ask FMT all about the discussions ive had with him about this very topic. He was active in this thread for his week one game. Thats all i can go off of. You are very right that both people should be looking for each other to get their game in.

Its also not super hard to type up a PSN message.

I know! Ive been there. You can ask FMT all about the discussions ive had with him about this very topic. He was active in this thread for his week one game. Thats all i can go off of. You are very right that both people should be looking for each other to get their game in.

Its also not super hard to type up a PSN message.

what would someone do when they have to play the ravens!? he is permabanned from gaf!

I'll let you guys know when I cut him.

tumblr_mq3481DS2c1r34fiko1_250.gif

FMT is a communist!

CB3

There shouldnt be any money lost at all unless he was signed then extended. All of those 1 year free agent deals are all salary and no bonus.

Somnia

Didn't we at one point have a requirement that you had to check the thread? I know I'm not playing, but I remember that at one point.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If it makes you guys feel any better, up 17-7 DCX just accepted a roughing the kicker call. I literally was just holding down on the stick with no intention of running into the guy.

brentech

I think kicker calls is another I would decline. I've not touched a button and had my defensive player just walk into the kicker.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG DCX

I am still totally lost with this game in regards to playing defense. I feel like nothing works no matter how much I disguise or hide or send. Not a single sack and probably not even a QB hurry in either game so far this season. I know the Cowboy OL is ridiculous but is the Falcon OL near the same level? No one on the DL gets off blocks and I spent pretty much the entire game sending heat from all directions, but I got nothing out of it. I thought in my last game that the pathfinding for blitzers is off, but I don't have quality enough guys to really test it with.

The game also has a strong slant towards passing, I guess it's the same shit as the NFL at this point. So far this season I played against Dez and Julio, not fun. Defenders are almost helpless, and even really good CBs end up way out of position on routine moves.

Take me to Madden School with you LBB

DCX

DCX
It was odd game for sure Wellie. I had the same weird lag but not lag feeling..just janky.

I have no clue what happening on that Brooks Reed interception that turned into a fumble to be overturned and I still got charged with a fumble.

Madden gonna Madden.

DCX

Top Bottom