• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

LJ11

GG DCX

I am still totally lost with this game in regards to playing defense. I feel like nothing works no matter how much I disguise or hide or send. Not a single sack and probably not even a QB hurry in either game so far this season. I know the Cowboy OL is ridiculous but is the Falcon OL near the same level? No one on the DL gets off blocks and I spent pretty much the entire game sending heat from all directions, but I got nothing out of it. I thought in my last game that the pathfinding for blitzers is off, but I don't have quality enough guys to really test it with.

The game also has a strong slant towards passing, I guess it's the same shit as the NFL at this point. So far this season I played against Dez and Julio, not fun. Defenders are almost helpless, and even really good CBs end up way out of position on routine moves.

Take me to Madden School with you LBB

Felt the same way about D when I first started, and truth be told, if I play more human competition I'll probably go back to feeling this way. At times you feel helpless. Man D is actually viable, especially if you pair it with some good user play. Now not all man is good, but two man press is what I'm referring to. I've had success with sending extra LB in a 4-3, but instead of sending them around the edge I send them up the middle.

I think the game is more balanced than last year with run vs pass, you have more run options available to you, but pass can be easy as hell at times when you're going up against low awr D players. Run seems really powerful too, Fairely was getting wrecked at times, so was Donald, just shoved 3-4 yards downfield.

Somnia

Watched the Halo 5 REQ system video and holy crap... I'm going to be addicted to collecting cards in Halo. It's going to be my MUT, I'm scared.

eznark

Banned
Played through all of House of Wolves last night. Very cool. Up to level 34 or something. What's the level cap now? 40?

Looking forward to playing more forward. You that seemed to work a lot better than watching Crimson and Zep skate on their dicks all night!

Somnia

Played through all of House of Wolves last night. Very cool. Up to level 34 or something. What's the level cap now? 40?

Looking forward to playing more forward. You that seemed to work a lot better than watching Crimson and Zep skate on their dicks all night!

Yep 40.

I'm on the final Wolves mission now, the one where you have to jump the chasm. It was like 1 am and I tried twice and couldn't get it on my Warlock... will finish it tonight. I thought Crota's missions were better in the end.

eznark

Banned
Yep 40.

I'm on the final Wolves mission now, the one where you have to jump the chasm. It was like 1 am and I tried twice and couldn't get it on my Warlock... will finish it tonight. I thought Crota's missions were better in the end.

Part of the problem is that even at like 30 with 170 light, I'm way overleveled. I bet that boss fight was rad as hell when before the tweaks. Now it was pretty simple.

I'm not great at competitive FPS but Destiny was probably the one I was best at. Now I am garbage! Got destroyed in the crucible this morning. Still....maybe I don't need to buy CoD and Batlefront....might just keep playing this!

Somnia

Part of the problem is that even at like 30 with 170 light, I'm way overleveled. I bet that boss fight was rad as hell when before the tweaks. Now it was pretty simple.

I'm not great at competitive FPS but Destiny was probably the one I was best at. Now I am garbage! Got destroyed in the crucible this morning. Still....maybe I don't need to buy CoD and Batlefront....might just keep playing this!

Don't worry it'll get hard again fast when you hit TTK content. I'm pretty excited to get there myself. I plan on hitting 40 this weekend and pushing to get to 290 light so I can start raiding.

I haven't touched Crucible yet, I should though as I have a couple quests for it.

Watched the Halo 5 REQ system video and holy crap... I'm going to be addicted to collecting cards in Halo. It's going to be my MUT, I'm scared.

Is this what modern gaming has become, digital products that are designed around addictive concepts rather than good game design?

ima cry

Nightz

Last game we had was pretty tough. We were up 1-0 for the majority of the game, but of course we gave up the lead with less than a minute left in the third period. Slogged through 1 overtime period and eventually won it in the second OT.

Somnia

How are so many people "confused" on how Destiny works in the Kotaku thread? Haven't we been buying base games and expansions forever? It's not that hard people.

Somnia

New expansions don't lock previously available content out to people who didn't upgrade.

Base Destiny is capped at level 20 (pretty sure it's 20 due to the changes in leveling system), you cant do strikes higher than level 20 without upgrading, don't see the issue here.

I don't completely agree with the gear stuff on vendors, but they aren't even selling the normal Destiny anymore in stores (except for left over copies). That part sucks for people who don't upgrade, but if you are still playing base Destiny all you're losing out on is buying higher level gear from vendors.

edit: Also I can't buy that gear right now either as I'm not level 40 and I have all the expansions, I'm not complaining though.

eznark

Banned
What are people who didn't upgrade still doing in Destiny? Not like "why the fuck you still playing plebe" but literally, what are they doing in the game? Just the same shit over and over for a year with literally no reward?

brentech

My 6700k arrives today so I'll be tearing my rig down and rebuilding then installing fresh. Lets hope I actually backed up everything I need this time.

TheCrow

What are people who didn't upgrade still doing in Destiny? Not like "why the fuck you still playing plebe" but literally, what are they doing in the game? Just the same shit over and over for a year with literally no reward?

That sounds like what destiny has been since the beginning.

Somnia

Complaining they can't do more.

Ferny

Base Destiny is capped at level 20 (pretty sure it's 20 due to the changes in leveling system), you cant do strikes higher than level 20 without upgrading, don't see the issue here.

I don't completely agree with the gear stuff on vendors, but they aren't even selling the normal Destiny anymore in stores (except for left over copies). That part sucks for people who don't upgrade, but if you are still playing base Destiny all you're losing out on is buying higher level gear from vendors.

edit: Also I can't buy that gear right now either as I'm not level 40 and I have all the expansions, I'm not complaining though.
Nope. Base destiny is capped at 34.

PvP, maybe playing a new character, maybe they don't play every single day?

It doesn't matter, they just cut off content that was previously there for people who didn't upgrade, that doesn't happen in any other MMO (and I say that extremely lightly) style game with expansions.

Complaining they can't do more.

Yea those fucking whiners about having a game they paid full price to have content removed later. The fucking nerve!

There was simply no reason to handicap vanilla like they did, no reason at all other than a way to shove people to purchasing TTK

eznark

Banned
What PvP stuff got cut out?

I'm not defending it at all, just curious as to why you would still be playing that game if you didn't buy the expansions. Christ I bought the expansions and never played the game.

TheCrow

As opposed to Madden, NHL and Dota where we are constantly getting rewarded....
facepalm.gif

Of course in NHL and especially in dota.

Somnia

Nope. Base destiny is capped at 34.

PvP, maybe playing a new character, maybe they don't play every single day?

It doesn't matter, they just cut off content that was previously there for people who didn't upgrade, that doesn't happen in any other MMO (and I say that extremely lightly) style game with expansions.

Yea those fucking whiners about having a game they paid full price for have content removed. The fucking nerve!

Actually I've been playing MMO's since beta of Ultima Online... guess what over time content is removed or changed. I have yet to see people complain about a dungeon or raid being taken from low level to high level in a new expansion.

I remember EQ1, Kithicor Forest changing completely 100% pre-expansion 1 to the point low level's couldn't even get through it. Yet people loved the change and the excitement of the change. Yet it removed entire content from the game for those low levels.

I remember dungeons and others changing in MMO's going from low level to high level, no one complained about losing low level content. Some of that you also couldn't access without paying for said expansion or expansions.

This isn't unheard of, it just is in the console space.

brentech

I stopped playing the game around this specific time, so maybe I'm misremembering it, but didn't WoW cut original Naxx out of the game when it was added to WotLK?

Actually I've been playing MMO's since beta of Ultima Online... guess what over time content is removed or changed. I have yet to see people complain about a dungeon or raid being taken from low level to high level in a new expansion.

I remember EQ1, Kithicor Forest changing completely 100% pre-expansion 1 to the point low level's couldn't even get through it. Yet people loved the change and the excitement of the change. Yet it removed entire content from the game for those low levels.

I remember dungeons and others changing in MMO's going from low level to high level, no one complained about losing low level content. Some of that you also couldn't access without paying for said expansion or expansions.

This isn't unheard of, it just is in the console space.

Destiny simply removed the ability to play them if people didn't get TTK, the playlists are no longer available, as well as vender gear and apparently previous DLC gear.

Destiny had a redesign of the main story that everyone got, why then remove the late game playlists of people without TTK? It's so simple, if you have TTK you have this playlist, if you don't you get vanilla. Done, no controversy, people are happy.

This isn't about change, this is about content (that hasn't been changed) being locked for no reason (I shouldn't use the word cut, it's still there, it's simply not accessible for the player).

I applaud the changes made in TTK, but I don't like design decisions like this that seem arbitrary. Maybe there is some major issue with allowing heroics for pre TTK players, but if that's the case they should come out and explain it.

Ferny

That's with expansion 1 and 2 though right? I'm pretty sure you can't get that high without Crota or Wolves.
2.0 was for everyone and I believe you aren't held back from leveling that far even if you don't have the two expansions. You could get up to light level 28 I think in vanilla so that would translate to about 25ish level wise? Unsure exactly.

Somnia

Destiny simply removed the ability to play them if people didn't get TTK, the playlists are no longer available, as well as vender gear and apparently previous DLC gear.

Destiny had a redesign of the main story that everyone got, why then remove the late game playlists of people without TTK? It's so simple, if you have TTK you have this playlist, if you don't you get vanilla. Done, no controversy, people are happy.

This isn't about change, this is about content (that hasn't been changed) being locked for no reason (I shouldn't use the word cut, it's still there, it's simply not accessible for the player).

I applaud the changes made in TTK, but I don't like design decisions like this that seem arbitrary. Maybe there is some major issue with allowing heroics for pre TTK players, but if that's the case they should come out and explain it.

Well we shall agree to disagree.

I'm gonna go back to watching broman stream and wait to watch the new Raid and then go home and enjoy Destiny! :)

Top Bottom