• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Somnia

So I logged on just now to get my training and shit done before I leave so I don't have to worry about it tonight before playing CB and I had an "injury update" about Zeke. The doctors cleared him to play, but I had to decide to play him now or let the backup start still. If I started Zeke his awareness dropped, his injury rating dropped to a 72 and a few other stats dropped while he's still injured.

I thought that was a pretty cool option, not risking it myself, but still pretty awesome.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Rob, I'm confused about exactly what they did to warrant getting banned.

In MUT there are sets. You put cards into them and you can get better cards out of it. Last night EA fucked up big time. They allowed you to put any 5 cards (could be all bronze 60ovr players) and in turn they would give you an actionable 87 ovr or above elite card. It was a repeatable set. This all happened while I was playing Friday night draft champs so I didn't do it.

After EA saw the auction house prices get crazy low they must have figured out the error. Those that did put cards into the set had the cards they 'earned' and those they put into the set taken away and they were banned.

IMO they didn't do anything to 'deserve' a ban. EA just fucked up.

The 2k grind is real af this year, fyi. But once you get where you need to be, you'll be able to join and watch my boy Crimson be CLUTCH.

I don't know how comparable FIFA is.
Honestly, the grind this year is a little easier than last year, but mostly because they don't have as many badges now, and you can be maxed out playing less games. Going for the HOF badge is probably the bitchiest thing though but my god it's worth it. Do you know about the sim cheese? It's how I was able to max out my C in like, 2 1/2 days lol. Now I'm trying for his badges but I'm not all that thrilled about the softie.

I played some FIFA club games and those were fun, my guy was kind of a bum though compared to others and they took away my Dan Marino face scan :(

and I don't remember if me and Brent did co-op seasons or clubs a few years ago when we played in the AM, but me and Mak were doing co-op last night, and the constant switching of players made it unbearable. Clubs or 1 on 1 felt smoother. speaking of which, we should try to gather this weekend

Smokey

Honestly, the grind this year is a little easier than last year, but mostly because they don't have as many badges now, and you can be maxed out playing less games. Going for the HOF badge is probably the bitchiest thing though but my god it's worth it. Do you know about the sim cheese? It's how I was able to max out my C in like, 2 1/2 days lol. Now I'm trying for his badges but I'm not all that thrilled about the softie.

I played some FIFA club games and those were fun, my guy was kind of a bum though compared to others and they took away my Dan Marino face scan :(

and I don't remember if me and Brent did co-op seasons or clubs a few years ago when we played in the AM, but me and Mak were doing co-op last night, and the constant switching of players made it unbearable. Clubs or 1 on 1 felt smoother. speaking of which, we should try to gather this weekend

I feel like getting the badges for my SF is taking way longer than with my PG. I've only got Difficult Shot at the moment. What's the sim cheese shortcut? Need to use it on him.

I feel like getting the badges for my SF is taking way longer than with my PG. I've only got Difficult Shot at the moment. What's the sim cheese shortcut? Need to use it on him.
If you sim to a future game and mash cancel, sometimes you get taken straight to an off day. But sometimes the sim goes so fast that you can't catch it, still, was able to get 20 attribute points simming the first year

Still takes a while though, got lots of vertical jumps ahead...

in hindsight I wish I made a larger playmaking SG/PG but I like what my current guy does, he has speed as opposed to being a better evan turner

So I logged on just now to get my training and shit done before I leave so I don't have to worry about it tonight before playing CB and I had an "injury update" about Zeke. The doctors cleared him to play, but I had to decide to play him now or let the backup start still. If I started Zeke his awareness dropped, his injury rating dropped to a 72 and a few other stats dropped while he's still injured.

I thought that was a pretty cool option, not risking it myself, but still pretty awesome.

Hyde too but said he has a high chance of reinjury

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre 5m5 minutes ago
Bryan Wiedey Retweeted Bryan Wiedey
Update: Auction House has reopened. EA has temporarily banned accounts and retrieved cards/coins from those who exploited the flaw.

Thats the dumbest response possible.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Hyde too but said he has a high chance of reinjury

Yeah had the same option with Diggs the week before he came back. More weird tho is that Rudolph is still out for 3 weeks after this and they gave me the option now.

Negative to all these injuries is that I am spending XP on the fucking injury stat. Guys at 87 and 89 INJ needing it boosted

Am13D.png

Ferny

This will be my last game for at least 2-3 weeks unfortunately, FMT. Traveling for a week and then moving and wont have internet for a couple days so just give my opps sim wins.

Ferny

Why did you just give up there at the end ferny? You just needed a TD to win and you just let the clock drain? GG...
I had a very irritated lady friend waiting for me to end that game. My sanity is worth more than Madden man. But up to that point, good game. Fitz being out sucks of course

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I had a very irritated lady friend waiting for me to end that game. My sanity is worth more than Madden man. But up to that point, good game. Fitz being out sucks of course

Sounds like she was waiting for the boat, if you know what I mean.

LJ11

Little Big Boss had an issue with the way I played our game. Felt I blitzed too much, was running some shady shit to try and confuse his OL. There's no question I was running overloads, but I ran overloads in our last game too.

I think the difference was in the way I played the flats. FMT/LBB fucked me up by throwing to the flats repeatedly, so I changed my game plan going into this game and I feel it worked. He did a good job keeping it third and manageable but he missed the flat plays he hit in game one. That was the difference, not my blitzes. See, I sent heat in game 1, but the quick outlet throws were there, and he ripped me up, not tonight. So when he had to make a read, and go downfield, he held on to it and got sacked. He also repeatedly refused to block his HB.

Below is the video of what went down, I'm not hiding shit, never have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0LDMPG7_WE

Below is a message sent to me by Big Boss, again, I'm not taking issue with anything he's saying. I ran overload blitzes.

That doesn't explain why on the multitude of those zone 3 blitzes you ran (I just watched the entire game again) that one or more of my linemen is stuck doing nothing (plus my HB when he was on a blocking assignment) in the idle animation, as my right side is having double teams as your DE/LB comes in completely clean and untouched.

Trio Sky, Buck 3 Slant, Will Buck Press 3, Edge Blitz 3, Fire Zone Bluff, Sam Crash 3...

All different plays, almost exact same results of one or more guys in my o-line idling after snap as I get bum rushed.

This isn't cool man, I've never faced anyone else in the league where I had a similar issue to this. That game wasn't fun, I felt like I was playing an online H2H match with you motioning around WR's into specific positions every play and calling an insane number of hot routes to set up specific plays. You did it last game when you ran Z-Spot like 10 times in the 2nd half.

That's not why I play this, I'm not interested in trying to outplay you in the specific, minute, mechanics of madden.

Truthfully, how many times did you just throw blind to the flats? How many times did you try to Aggressive catch? How many times did you actually try to run the ball instead of dropping back to pass? You complain about me running the same plays but all you did was pass pass pass.

Honestly, I'm getting tired too. I ran Z-Spot 4 different ways when we played. The blitz you're complaining about, I manned up the blitzing Jerry Hughes repeatedly on the running back, though I didn't have much success. I wanted you to see the same look and throw it blind, but Jerry wasn't fast enough to keep up, you had a bunch of completions. See you look at the play art and think it's the same shit but it isn't. Just like cover 3 buzz last year. I had a cover 4, cover 3, and cover blitz out of that one play, why do I need to change what's working.

I honestly played straight up sim football, I made a bunch of adjustments and won, but I understand where you're coming from completely. I swear, I didn't play differently, I didn't come into the game thinking I was going to glitch the fuck out of you, I was just going to guard the flats this time.

Pretty sure that was my last game in the league, I don't feel like playing anymore, or rather I do, but too many people catch feelings. I basically only fuck around with Madden, so it's probably best I stop. I'll sleep on it, but I'm pretty sure I'm out. I've had a fun through the years, thanks for running this thing, some good times.

Top Bottom