• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Little Big Boss had an issue with the way I played our game. Felt I blitzed too much, was running some shady shit to try and confuse his OL. There's no question I was running overloads, but I ran overloads in our last game too.

I think the difference was in the way I played the flats. FMT/LBB fucked me up by throwing to the flats repeatedly, so I changed my game plan going into this game and I feel it worked. He did a good job keeping it third and manageable but he missed the flat plays he hit in game one. That was the difference, not my blitzes. See, I sent heat in game 1, but the quick outlet throws were there, and he ripped me up, not tonight. So when he had to make a read, and go downfield, he held on to it and got sacked. He also repeatedly refused to block his HB.

Below is the video of what went down, I'm not hiding shit, never have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0LDMPG7_WE

Below is a message sent to me by Big Boss, again, I'm not taking issue with anything he's saying. I ran overload blitzes.

Truthfully, how many times did you just throw blind to the flats? How many times did you try to Aggressive catch? How many times did you actually try to run the ball instead of dropping back to pass? You complain about me running the same plays but all you did was pass pass pass.

Honestly, I'm getting tired too. I ran Z-Spot 4 different ways when we played. The blitz you're complaining about, I manned up the blitzing Jerry Hughes repeatedly on the running back, though I didn't have much success. I wanted you to see the same look and throw it blind, but Jerry wasn't fast enough to keep up, you had a bunch of completions. See you look at the play art and think it's the same shit but it isn't. Just like cover 3 buzz last year. I had a cover 4, cover 3, and cover blitz out of that one play, why do I need to change what's working.

I honestly played straight up sim football, I made a bunch of adjustments and won, but I understand where you're coming from completely. I swear, I didn't play differently, I didn't come into the game thinking I was going to glitch the fuck out of you, I was just going to guard the flats this time.

Pretty sure that was my last game in the league, I don't feel like playing anymore, or rather I do, but too many people catch feelings. I basically only fuck around with Madden, so it's probably best I stop. I'll sleep on it, but I'm pretty sure I'm out. I've had a fun through the years, thanks for running this thing, some good times.

lol relax. tlbb throws salt out everytime he loses. you did nothing wrong, and you did nothing wrong in the game i played you in. i kept my RB in to block a ton against you for this very reason, and i do it against a lot of people just depending on the blitz philosophy.

there is no need to quit the league. tlbb will do what he do!

Stop it LJ. LBB brought up z spot thing to me a few days ago and I'm like, I do that shit... Lol. You're one of the most valued players here and it's because of the way you play. LBB catching feelings is just LBB being LBB. I get that it's exhausting having to defend yourself tho.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
> Relax, you're doing fine!

LilSaltyBoy has complained about every opponent he's had this year.

DJ Bowser

Don't leave LJ! My game with you got me interested in the game again (which will hopefully snap me out of my losing ways!). I enjoy playing you even though it's frustrating at times because it's one of the few times I feel like I'm actually working on a strategy and counter-strategy rather than just chucking it around like a douche.

Though I did throw 7 picks.

Gg Splat! That was the ugliest game of football since Thursday night Bengals - Fins. I think HFA kept going back n forth because we were in London or something! What a ridiculous fucking game.

LaFells TD in the first was just dumb. Wth is the corner doing. I almost broke my controller during the fourth too but that was from my terrible user D tackle pursuits, holy fuck. I want to call it a meltdown but it kind of fit the games pace in a weird way. I really didn't deserve to win that game.... But neither did Andy Dalton!

Matt Jones finally gets going in the second and you broke him :(. He's fine apparently, was just for the game. Galette is out 4 weeks tho. Injured him on the interception play... Ruthless. Backup HB does nothing all game and fumbles. Sorry for all the screens but it was the only way the backup was useful. The early ones worked so well but I tucked em up with the user running into blockers n stuff I kept wanting to actually properly execute one too. Harry's TD was hilarious. And I still can't believe I punted a ball from the 24 to clear out the back of the end zone. Can't figure out the wind in this game. 12 mph sideways but it acted like it was at my back at times.. I missed a 60 yarder due to accuracy, had plenty of leg..

Redakins: 21
Cousins: 52.4, 21/33, 199 yds, 1 TD, 3 INTs
Jones: 11 carries, 78 yds, 1 TD
Doctson: 5 rec, 59 yds
Hardy: 3 Tkls, 1 TfL, 1 Sack, 1 FR, 1 TD

Bengals: 31
Dalton: 36.9, 15/36, 263 yds, 1 TD, 4 INTs // 3 rushes, -10 yds, 1 Fumble
Hill: 13 carries, 105 yds, 2 TDs // 2 rec, -1 yds
Eifert: 5 rec, 73 yds
Maualuga: 8 Tkls, 2 Sacks, 1 INT, 1 FF

if LJ quits then I quit
dota

rage.gif

Gg drizz, that was an ugly ugly game, the wind made no sense. Dunno how I won throwing so many redzone picks.
Your 5 sacks and a broken Jones are how you won really. You did a great job pressuring me. Was a terrible feeling getting nowhere on the ground while never have any time to throw.

DCX

DCX
Little Big Boss had an issue with the way I played our game. Felt I blitzed too much, was running some shady shit to try and confuse his OL. There's no question I was running overloads, but I ran overloads in our last game too.

I think the difference was in the way I played the flats. FMT/LBB fucked me up by throwing to the flats repeatedly, so I changed my game plan going into this game and I feel it worked. He did a good job keeping it third and manageable but he missed the flat plays he hit in game one. That was the difference, not my blitzes. See, I sent heat in game 1, but the quick outlet throws were there, and he ripped me up, not tonight. So when he had to make a read, and go downfield, he held on to it and got sacked. He also repeatedly refused to block his HB.

Below is a message sent to me by Big Boss, again, I'm not taking issue with anything he's saying. I ran overload blitzes.

Truthfully, how many times did you just throw blind to the flats? How many times did you try to Aggressive catch? How many times did you actually try to run the ball instead of dropping back to pass? You complain about me running the same plays but all you did was pass pass pass.

Honestly, I'm getting tired too. I ran Z-Spot 4 different ways when we played. The blitz you're complaining about, I manned up the blitzing Jerry Hughes repeatedly on the running back, though I didn't have much success. I wanted you to see the same look and throw it blind, but Jerry wasn't fast enough to keep up, you had a bunch of completions. See you look at the play art and think it's the same shit but it isn't. Just like cover 3 buzz last year. I had a cover 4, cover 3, and cover blitz out of that one play, why do I need to change what's working.

I honestly played straight up sim football, I made a bunch of adjustments and won, but I understand where you're coming from completely. I swear, I didn't play differently, I didn't come into the game thinking I was going to glitch the fuck out of you, I was just going to guard the flats this time.

Pretty sure that was my last game in the league, I don't feel like playing anymore, or rather I do, but too many people catch feelings. I basically only fuck around with Madden, so it's probably best I stop. I'll sleep on it, but I'm pretty sure I'm out. I've had a fun through the years, thanks for running this thing, some good times.
Honestly, lilb is overly sensitive when it comes to the opponent's he plays.

He bitched about me when we played and I just won't pay attention. I don't mean it as a slight at him personally, but it's like a kid who wants/needs attention. Ignore it and not geed and it tends to go away.

Attention , good or bad feeds him. You have been one of the better players in our league skill wise and our MUT leader. I may be biased becuase if our mentor student relationship over the years, but I would hate to lose you over nonsense.

DCX

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hey LJ I attacked LBB the same way. It's all good as far as I'm concerned. If you are going to rely on gronk every other play I'm going to do my damnedest to take his ass away. I had my DE or LB double team him and sent heat on the other side. Mission accomplished.

Oh, I meant to ask you. Did you get hit with that EA ban for the auction house mess. My team is in shambles :(

Count me in as someone who wants LJ to stay, and is tired of Little Boy's constant bitching. Ever since we called him out on stuff at the beginning of last year, he's been on a crusade to go after others when he feels like it.

You've been with us about half the years he's been alive, LJ. Don't do it!

BigAT

6.88e:

Dragon Lance strength reduced from 14 to 13
Infused Raindrop cooldown increased from 4 to 6
Illusions attack damage reduction against buildings increased from 25% to 30%
Diffusal Blade cooldown increased from 2 to 4
Outworld Devourer base armor reduced by 1.5
Shadow Poison initial damage reduced from 50 to 26/34/42/50
Flamebreak cooldown increased from 14 to 17
Drow base damage reduced by 4
Torrent damage reduced from 120/180/240/300 to 75/150/225/300
Echo Stomp channel time increased from 1.2 to 1.3
Oracle base damage reduced by 6
Morphling intelligence gain reduced from 1.5 to 1.1
Starstorm Scepter cooldown increased from 8 to 9
Time Dilation now only freezes abilities that are on cooldown, rather than also affecting abilities cast afterwards
Time Dilation slow per frozen ability increased from 8% to 10%
Tempest Double gold and XP bounty increased from 140 to 160
Juggernaut base damage reduced by 2
Counter Helix damage reduced from 90/120/150/180 to 75/110/145/180
Repel cast point improved from 0.5 to 0.35
Repel duration reduced from 6/8/10/12 to 4/6/8/10
Relocate delay increased from 2.5/2.25/2 to 2.7/2.35/2
Inner Vitality bonus regeneration threshhold reduced from 40% to 35%
Stifling Dagger cast range reduced from 1200 to 825/950/1075/1200
Smokescreen slow reduced from 25% to 19/21/23/25%
Track manacost increased from 50 to 65
Mana Leak manacost increased from 75 to 150
Illuminate radius increased from 350 to 375
Blinding Light knockback distance increased from 400 to 525
Sand King movement speed reduced by 5
Timbersaw base strength reduced by 1

Birdman02

GG Wellie. I got lucky on a couple of turnovers and even more so on a couple of my throws that should have been picked. Cutler can be infuriating sometimes. He'll make these amazing throws into tight windows because of his arm strength, but then he'll miss some really easy ones.

That was my best running game by far. Hopefully I can build on that the rest of the season.

Smokey

Fucking LOL at lil boss of all people complaining about Madden tactics. FOH.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Wellie. I got lucky on a couple of turnovers and even more so on a couple of my throws that should have been picked. Cutler can be infuriating sometimes. He'll make these amazing throws into tight windows because of his arm strength, but then he'll miss some really easy ones.

That was my best running game by far. Hopefully I can build on that the rest of the season.

GG. That's honestly what upsets me the most. The ball is within a 5 foot radius of your guy and they make the pick but the ball is right on me and I dont know what is going on. Do you all hold triangle from the start of the play or something? It never ever registers for me. And even when it did my LB reached up and swatted a ball away rather than try and catch. IMO that is the biggest issue with my user LB play. I am getting to the right spots with anticipation and play recognition but the guy doesnt make a play.

GG either way, I felt I was moving the ball well until OT started then I couldnt get anything. All the TOs didn't help either. I thought I would be able to run away with this division early on but now it is a dead heat.

BigAT

I say be gone with LJ. Bag of shit keeps exploiting the auction house to try to get an advantage in the league.

Birdman02

I don't hold the button down, but I do try to make sure my guy is strafing before I push it. That way he is squared up. I haven't had great success with LB play this season, but it seemed to be good today. Honestly, I'm sure I was getting a boost from HFA.

Greg

I've gotten user picks from the late switch -> triangle

but it rarely works when I've been controlling the player the whole time - no change in animation or anything

lets not attack tlbb. he is frustrated that he got bodied and that is understandable. he didn't complain to commishes or anything else and kept it between himself and LJ so it is what it is.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lonestaaaaaaaaar

Dude, I had just gotten home then, then got some food. I woke up a little while ago with the lights on, tv on, and little Taco Bell wrappers everywhere. Should have waffle house'd it. We can go later, it's too early to get pissed at madden.

Ferny

Dude, I had just gotten home then, then got some food. I woke up a little while ago with the lights on, tv on, and little Taco Bell wrappers everywhere. Should have waffle house'd it. We can go later, it's too early to get pissed at madden.

Sounds like a dream come true to me

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

How many of those wrappers came from double decker taco's?

Top Bottom