• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Dude, I had just gotten home then, then got some food. I woke up a little while ago with the lights on, tv on, and little Taco Bell wrappers everywhere. Should have waffle house'd it. We can go later, it's too early to get pissed at madden.

I didn't expect you to play at that hour last night. Sorry for the confusion. I'm good any time after the Seahawks game.

ive got some BBQ chicken going in mine right now
Do you have a recipe for that? Anytime I tried chicken in the crock pot, it came out terribly. I don't think I supplemented it correctly.

Surprisingly, I've never tried to do my own marinated BBQ chicken, but I've done different flavors.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Do you have a recipe for that? Anytime I tried chicken in the crock pot, it came out terribly. I don't think I supplemented it correctly.

Surprisingly, I've never tried to do my own marinated BBQ chicken, but I've done different flavors.

I usually just wing it. Ive used BBQ sauce and various seasonings before. This one is just a pre packaged mix of things from the market.

This isnt for the crock pot, but its fucking amazing:

Campbells-Toasted-Sesame-Skillet-Sauce.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've gotten user picks from the late switch -> triangle

but it rarely works when I've been controlling the player the whole time - no change in animation or anything

One thing I've noticed consistently is that if I'm holding L2 to strafe using triangle to go for a pick does not work. I'm not sure if it's always been that way maybe it has? If I'm not holding L2 then it seems to work as intended.

I usually just wing it. Ive used BBQ sauce and various seasonings before. This one is just a pre packaged mix of things from the market.

This isnt for the crock pot, but its fucking amazing:

Campbells-Toasted-Sesame-Skillet-Sauce.jpg

I've been seeing these at the grocery store but wasn't sure if they were any good. Gonna give them a shot now.

CB3

One thing I've noticed consistently is that if I'm holding L2 to strafe using triangle to go for a pick does not work. I'm not sure if it's always been that way maybe it has? If I'm not holding L2 then it seems to work as intended.

I've been seeing these at the grocery store but wasn't sure if they were any good. Gonna give them a shot now.

There is a parmesan one that is also good. But the sesame chicken version is god tier. Super easy to put together, too.

CB3

what type of noodles do you use with it? or do you use rice?

you arent meant to put anything else in the pan other than the chicken and sauce. But i always cook some jasmine rice alongside it. Maybe some crescent rolls as well.

LJ11

My initial decision to post about TLBB wasn't to smear/embarrass him, but to notify all parties of what went down. I like openness, the two of us could have gone back and forth, but I'm not sure what that would have accomplished. I feel I did nothing wrong, he does, I mean there's nothing else to really discuss, so I brought it to everyone's attention. There's always been a sense of paranoia with TLBB, that's fine, but I've played this exact way as long as I've been here.

Honestly, I feel we jump on him a bit too much, it was never my intention to turn this into a LOL @ TLBB. I feel I've always been respectful towards him, and I didn't intend to turn this into an opportunity to bash TLBB. I apologize if he feels I wronged him, by playing the way I did and by airing this out in the thread. Again, I played sim football, NFL football teams use overload blitzes. I didn't manually move my defenders, I didn't do anything besides use the tools available to all, line/lb shifts and stunts.

I hope he reconsiders and sticks with the league. I'm going to post a couple of vids he sent me, 6 blocksers vs 4 rushers.
https://clips.twitch.tv/thelostbigboss/HilariousElephantVolcania

Same shit, six blockers, four rushers, 2 blockers doing nothing while a rusher comes in free.

https://clips.twitch.tv/thelostbigboss/NiceSnakeDendiFace

Honestly, I did nothing on the first blitz besides shift DL right and have the DE drop into coverage, the play actually has the DT drop but I rearranged it. The HB just plays it poorly, it's honestly more luck than skill. It's a simple overload, I use this shit every week, I used the same concept last year as well, it's the first thing you I try to do every year.

Second blitz is stock blitz with no changes. I actually got stuck on my DT and that probably caused the OLB to flash in the way he did. Wish I could get it to fly in like that every time! LOL

Seriously, send complaints to Clint Oldenburg, he's responsible for OL AI.

This queso dip is really good but I think the meat to cheese ratio is a bit off, I feel like there's too much meat that I'm not digging enough cheese

brentech

My initial decision to post about TLBB wasn't to smear/embarrass him, but to notify all parties of what went down. I like openness, the two of us could have gone back and forth, but I'm not sure what that would have accomplished. I feel I did nothing wrong, he does, I mean there's nothing else to really discuss, so I brought it to everyone's attention. There's always been a sense of paranoia with TLBB, that's fine, but I've played this exact way as long as I've been here.

Honestly, I feel we jump on him a bit too much, it was never my intention to turn this into a LOL @ TLBB. I feel I've always been respectful towards him, and I didn't intend to turn this into an opportunity to bash TLBB. I apologize if he feels I wronged him, by playing the way I did and by airing this out in the thread. Again, I played sim football, NFL football teams use overload blitzes. I didn't manually move my defenders, I didn't do anything besides use the tools available to all, line/lb shifts and stunts.

I hope he reconsiders and sticks with the league. I'm going to post a couple of vids he sent me, 6 blocksers vs 4 rushers.

Honestly, I did nothing on the first blitz besides shift DL right and have the DE drop into coverage, the play actually has the DT drop but I rearranged it. The HB just plays it poorly, it's honestly more luck than skill. It's a simple overload, I use this shit every week, I used the same concept last year as well, it's the first thing you I try to do every year.

Second blitz is stock blitz with no changes. I actually got stuck on my DT and that probably caused the OLB to flash in the way he did. Wish I could get it to fly in like that every time! LOL

Seriously, send complaints to Clint Oldenburg, he's responsible for OL AI.

nah man, that's bitch made. dude would do the same to you and say it was okay. Only complained because it happened to him. I watch that first video and there is literally nothing I could see or would have thought was wrong with that play.

Only thing that bothers me with people blitzing is trying to guess the snap and usering a player to the line back and forth....which TLBB has done in the past.
Was told a couple yeas ago there was no user blitzing from the LB position, even if it's a OLB that is play called to blitz, which I think is pretty rough when you have people that play a DE all game and get like 20+ sacks on the year for each side. It's annoying, but it doesn't break the oline logic like manually running a player to the line does.

DJ Bowser

Maybe hot-routing players to blitz that normally wouldn't be upsets the o-line AI though.

I know it's LBB and the pile-on will continue, but could there be some merit to that? I'm genuinely curious.

Maybe hot-routing players to blitz that normally wouldn't be upsets the o-line AI though.

I know it's LBB and the pile-on will continue, but could there be some merit to that? I'm genuinely curious.
I think hot routing lineman to coverage causes more issues for some reason?

Ive rarely hot route a blitz in this version.. But I never hot route lineman, something about it just feels wrong.

LJ11

EA changed the way hot routed blitz angles work, they used to be just straight arrows, not anymore, they tried to nerf it. I don't think it's a big issue, but I'm sure it can be, most of mine were designed blitzes from the jump, I really didn't have to hot route. Just shift DL and slant in direction of blitz.

I'm more willing to accept what Drizz said, but it's hard to be sure. Like I said, that play has the DT designed to drop into coverage, but I rushed him and dropped the DE, because it made more sense for a 4 man overload. I ran it with no one dropping into coverage as well, same result, just less coverage.

The OL AI is suspect, they protect the middle before the edges, it's why slot corner blitzes are so effective, edge pressure in general. If you block TE/RB, slide in the direction you should be fine.

DJ Bowser

I think hot routing lineman to coverage causes more issues for some reason?

Ive rarely hot route a blitz in this version.. But I never hot route lineman, something about it just feels wrong.
I honestly don't know how you guys have enough time on defense to hot route more than one player.

DCX

DCX
nah man, that's bitch made. dude would do the same to you and say it was okay. Only complained because it happened to him. I watch that first video and there is literally nothing I could see or would have thought was wrong with that play.

Only thing that bothers me with people blitzing is trying to guess the snap and usering a player to the line back and forth....which TLBB has done in the past.
Was told a couple yeas ago there was no user blitzing from the LB position, even if it's a OLB that is play called to blitz, which I think is pretty rough when you have people that play a DE all game and get like 20+ sacks on the year for each side. It's annoying, but it doesn't break the oline logic like manually running a player to the line does.
let me know brosef

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My bid for 1st pick is in jeopardy

Got my 1 win for this season out of the way

E'erbody got injured. I'm now down my best CB and 2 best wideouts, and Purps got Sherman and Kearse injured

BigAT

Anyone know how to get achievements to pop in Windows 10 games? They don't for me in Forza, even though I think I have them turned on.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Anyone know how to get achievements to pop in Windows 10 games? They don't for me in Forza, even though I think I have them turned on.

I need friends on this garbage xbox name thing, for Forza 3. LonestarJones is what I think it is.

Does anyone have issues with receivers going into the possession fall down thingy when you dont want them to? I feel like it always happens on certain drag routes, which sucks because the dude just falls when he has tons of running room.

Does anyone have issues with receivers going into the possession fall down thingy when you dont want them to? I feel like it always happens on certain drag routes, which sucks because the dude just falls when he has tons of running room.

Yes mine do it all the time. I have a feeling it has to do with the ball trajectory but I'm not totally sure.

DJ Bowser

It always seems to happen when they're 2 or 3 yards short of the 1st down line. Sucks.

BigAT

Feels like the more wide open my player is, the more likely it is to happen.

PSA: Forza and Forza Horizon are made by different studios and are very different games! Stop calling one the other, it hurts my brain!

Yes mine do it all the time. I have a feeling it has to do with the ball trajectory but I'm not totally sure.
Yeah that's my assumption too. I think it's just an innacurate pass youre just lucky to catch kind of thing.

brentech

GG dcx, JJ spiking the ball after catching it for an incompletion ignited your team.
That MFer made an impossible catch diving into 3 defenders in the endzone.

Top Bottom