• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

DCX

DCX
GG dcx, JJ spiking the ball after catching it for an incompletion ignited your team.
That MFer made an impossible catch diving into 3 defenders in the endzone.
Man that was an intense game! I thought I was a goner. I had no business winning that. Not with the turnovers I had.

Lacy is pretty freaking quick and yet Freeman does nothing in space but fumble out of the slowest soon move ever :/

Julio catching that TD in like four defenders was trash tier..that should have been intercepted at least twice before it got there lol

Good game man. Good luck the rest of the way.

DCX

Yes mine do it all the time. I have a feeling it has to do with the ball trajectory but I'm not totally sure.

It always seems to happen when they're 2 or 3 yards short of the 1st down line. Sucks.

Feels like the more wide open my player is, the more likely it is to happen.

I was thinking it was more that the button input was getting stuck, because it seems to happen most often on players who are my X receiver. I dunno, I just know its cost me multiple first downs this season :(

I was thinking it was more that the button input was getting stuck, because it seems to happen most often on players who are my X receiver. I dunno, I just know its cost me multiple first downs this season :(

when I think about it more, it usually happens when I accidentally float the ball

ATTENTION:

Cola is now the patriots
PistolePete is now the ravens

welcome pistolpete!

p.s.

cola i booted you from the ravens and reinvited so you can join as the pats

why is brent still in the league
rage.gif
rage.gif

LJ11

Sucks about TLBB. I was just supporting LJ. I didn't want him to leave

I didn't want the thread to turn into a pick side shit show, I just wanted to lay out the facts. Wish he would of stuck around. I wanted to bail out because honestly, this is the way I play, it's the way I have always played, and if I upset people playing this way, no point in sticking around.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Oh no... I spent all this time watching ravens game tape for Nada...

Quick somebody give me some bullet points on how Pete plays

brentech

Holllly shit.

So I finish my game with DCX, go downstairs and cuddle my little girl a bit before we put her to bed. Bring her to the nursery and she's just instantly asleep. Perfect night! 10/10!!

Wife decided to take a shower, I grab a granola bar and start to go through my Madden scouting when my doorbell starts going off like crazy. Someone was just hammering that bitch, and then they started knocking as well. It's like 10:15-10:30pm here, so that's pretty fucking weird.

Hesitantly decide to open my front door while thinking, "should I have grabbed a weapon of sorts?" Then notice it's my next door neighbor and she is just losing her fucking shit. Yelling at me "Please, please, come over, I don't know what to do!" - I thought someone got shot. I was so creeped out. She was hysterical.

So again, tentatively, I go over to her house and when I get inside she says their basement is flooding and her husband had just left the house. She leads me downstairs and there a half finished basement, the non finished part with the washer/dryer and furnace is flooding with water spraying over 50% of the room. She can't figure out how to turn it of, but she's so hysterical she's not really giving me much info.
Initially I look for the specific source, but after trying a few valves I got no where and just followed the rest of the pipe which went into the covered ceiling of the finished section of their basement.
She didn't seem to believe me that the valve was on that side, but eventually I got her to look and sure enough the whole home water supply valve was over there and I got it shut off.
TL;DR: Once inside it was just normal house bullshit, but god damn, she scared the shit out of me man. I seriously thought I was about to walk into some major trauma level shit.

Anyways, now my shoes and jeans are soaked.
And now the baby is awake.
charm_rage.gif

JABEE

Jaron Brown is out 36 weeks.

GG AZ. I saw all the comments about my play calling in the chat. Lol. I thought I ran the ball enough to set up play action and screens.

I hit some deep throws too!

Holllly shit.

So I finish my game with DCX, go downstairs and cuddle my little girl a bit before we put her to bed. Bring her to the nursery and she's just instantly asleep. Perfect night! 10/10!!

Wife decided to take a shower, I grab a granola bar and start to go through my Madden scouting when my doorbell starts going off like crazy. Someone was just hammering that bitch, and then they started knocking as well. It's like 10:15-10:30pm here, so that's pretty fucking weird.

Hesitantly decide to open my front door while thinking, "should I have grabbed a weapon of sorts?" Then notice it's my next door neighbor and she is just losing her fucking shit. Yelling at me "Please, please, come over, I don't know what to do!" - I thought someone got shot. I was so creeped out. She was hysterical.

So again, tentatively, I go over to her house and when I get inside she says their basement is flooding and her husband had just left the house. She leads me downstairs and there a half finished basement, the non finished part with the washer/dryer and furnace is flooding with water spraying over 50% of the room. She can't figure out how to turn it of, but she's so hysterical she's not really giving me much info.
Initially I look for the specific source, but after trying a few valves I got no where and just followed the rest of the pipe which went into the covered ceiling of the finished section of their basement.
She didn't seem to believe me that the valve was on that side, but eventually I got her to look and sure enough the whole home water supply valve was over there and I got it shut off.
TL;DR: Once inside it was just normal house bullshit, but god damn, she scared the shit out of me man. I seriously thought I was about to walk into some major trauma level shit.

Anyways, now my shoes and jeans are soaked.
And now the baby is awake.
charm_rage.gif

sounds like you are too busy for the league tbh

BigAT

Holllly shit.

charm_rage.gif

Some people just don't know how to calmly handle problematic situations.

We had some people over to grill at my apartment after college and one of my friends brought a loaf of bread that she was going to heat in the oven. I don't know what the fuck she was thinking, but she put it in on broil and at some absurdly high temperature. I later found out she didn't know what BROIL meant, but I think he intention was to just quickly toast it?

So, not shockingly, the bread caught on fire. Her solution to the problem with which she was presented was to stand in front of the oven and start screaming over and over "FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!"

She didn't turn off the oven, she didn't try to put out the bread, she just went into a full blown panic and started screaming. I came running into the room and she was still just standing right in front of the oven, "FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!" She was actually blocking my way to the oven and I had to move her before I could do something useful.

Way to go Brent! One of my proudest memories is my brother screaming fire as he runs out of the college apartment kitchen. I run into the kitchen, see a third of the stove top on fire, grab the biggest pan we have and just put it upside down on it a few times until I suffocate the fire. Preventing your home from burning down is a pretty awesome feeling!

Way to go Brent! One of my proudest memories is my brother screaming fire as he runs out of the college apartment kitchen. I run into the kitchen, see a third of the stove top on fire, grab the biggest pan we have and just put it upside down on it a few times until I suffocate the fire. Preventing your home from burning down is a pretty awesome feeling!

But what about when you burned it down a day later smoking weed?

Greg

I messaged ez on Steam on Friday(?) and told him to let me know when he was free, but I never heard back from him all weekend

Ryder Cup, I'm guessing

Smokey

I didn't want the thread to turn into a pick side shit show, I just wanted to lay out the facts. Wish he would of stuck around. I wanted to bail out because honestly, this is the way I play, it's the way I have always played, and if I upset people playing this way, no point in sticking around.

You lowkey have influence and weight that very few have in this league. It's not your fault he left but when accusations fly around, you have a ton more benefit of the doubt cache than he does.

Yes, sometime around 9ET

If you wanna double dip and get our next week game out of the way, let me know. Unless you want to play tomorrow which I would be totally fine with because there is a very great chance that playing Madden tonight would interfere with my regular Pro-AM hours!

Ferny

You lowkey have influence and weight that very few have in this league. It's not your fault he left but when accusations fly around, you have a ton more benefit of the doubt cache than he does.
You have the benefit of the doubt in ducking me in Halo too chump

Top Bottom