• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

JABEE

GG FMT. You were able to pressure Palmer the entire game. I couldn't get my offense going and Desean Jackson burned me time after time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Can't even say it was a GG Drizz, that was the most onesided game of Madden I have ever been a part of. I felt like I was playing in God mode. No matter how many defenders I threw at they never caught it. No matter how stupidly I ran, there was always a blocker right there. It was awesome!

Listening to you curse the entire game was hilarious.

Fucking rain games. GG Wellie. My team played aweful. Your D plus those drops was too much. You had so many huge plays...: my D is pathetic in the rain. I couldn't believe Comptons drop near the end zone. Somehow no fumbles.... I played aweful user D. Open the game giving up a 45 yd TD because of my user SS. :(

Redskins: 14
Cousins: 83.1, 12/20, 179 yds, 2 TDs, 2 INTs
Jones: 11 rushes, 35 yds // 1 rec, 1 yd
Davis: 3 rec, 38 yds, 1 TD
Way: 4 Punts, 164 yds, 1 IN20, 68 Long (Nobody on D deserves it)

Vikings: 40
Bridgewater: 141.4, 14/21, 325 yds, 2 TDs
McKinnon: 28 rushes, 175 yds, 2 TDs
Treadwell: 9 rec, 247 yds, 2 TDs
Waynes: 7 Tkls, 1 INT

Aaaand McBride is out 9 weeks. Looks like I'm trying out a new slot WR.

That felt like more of an ass whooping than the 6 INT game. I just felt hopeless.

GG FMT. You were able to pressure Palmer the entire game. I couldn't get my offense going and Desean Jackson burned me time after time.

gg brah. i really didn't take advantage of all those turnovers and almost blew the game late. couldn't really get the run game going at all but djax showed up!

one weird thing, and this has happened 4 or 5 times, is the game sometimes doesn't count sacks when you cause a fumble. i had a sack/fumble with one of my players and he wasn't credited with either!

Greg, this right here is a Commish's note to excuse Smokey from his Madden game tonight, which you can totally do sometime this weekend right!?

gg brah. i really didn't take advantage of all those turnovers and almost blew the game late. couldn't really get the run game going at all but djax showed up!

one weird thing, and this has happened 4 or 5 times, is the game sometimes doesn't count sacks when you cause a fumble. i had a sack/fumble with one of my players and he wasn't credited with either!

EA with a stat tracking bug? You don't say!

EA with a stat tracking bug? You don't say!

another issue (and i know wellington brought it up earlier) is that i swear sometimes i don't get the XP it says it awards. this last game it said kap got like 400 XP or so, but then i look at his total XP and it is 660. i haven't upgraded anything on him in weeks and have had pretty decent games all those weeks AND the weekly XP (i just do sim so i only get bronze) is supposed to give you about 120 xp each time. so there is definitely something screwy with the XP at times but not always. most of my other guys XP is accurate.

i think something is wrong with their stat enginge between that, the sack thing, and the missing FG attempts. i never remember this being an issue in years past.

besides that, i feel like their stat engine should be MUCH more advanced today. we basically have the same stats we had in ps2 madden. why can't we have stats like:

- rushing yards left/center/right
- passing stats in/outside the pocket
- defensive QB rating (your opponents QB rating)
- actually have the stat "passes allowed" work
- FIX the fucking points allowed stat for your defense. as it is now, if i throw 5 pick 6's, my defense has "allowed" 35 points. stupid

there are probably a ton of others that would be cool to have. just hard to believe in 10+ years they haven't advanced the stat keeping engine at all. how hard would it be? i don't ask this rhetorically, some of you are designers, how hard would this be to accomplish?

Drizzler is single handedly responsible for another FMT superbowl by giving him jackson

maybe or maybe not!

another issue (and i know wellington brought it up earlier) is that i swear sometimes i don't get the XP it says it awards. this last game it said kap got like 400 XP or so, but then i look at his total XP and it is 660. i haven't upgraded anything on him in weeks and have had pretty decent games all those weeks AND the weekly XP (i just do sim so i only get bronze) is supposed to give you about 120 xp each time. so there is definitely something screwy with the XP at times but not always. most of my other guys XP is accurate.

i think something is wrong with their stat enginge between that, the sack thing, and the missing FG attempts. i never remember this being an issue in years past.

besides that, i feel like their stat engine should be MUCH more advanced today. we basically have the same stats we had in ps2 madden. why can't we have stats like:

- rushing yards left/center/right
- passing stats in/outside the pocket
- defensive QB rating (your opponents QB rating)
- actually have the stat "passes allowed" work
- FIX the fucking points allowed stat for your defense. as it is now, if i throw 5 pick 6's, my defense has "allowed" 35 points. stupid

there are probably a ton of others that would be cool to have. just hard to believe in 10+ years they haven't advanced the stat keeping engine at all. how hard would it be? i don't ask this rhetorically, some of you are designers, how hard would this be to accomplish?

maybe or maybe not!

The game also still has the issue where sometimes it shows that popup about turnovers and indicates the wrong team. There's definitely a lot of polish issues that just seem to sit around year to year.

brentech

The game also still has the issue where sometimes it shows that popup about turnovers and indicates the wrong team. There's definitely a lot of polish issues that just seem to sit around year to year.

The extremely weird part is that some of it isn't even year to year, some of it is working one year, bunk the next.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Couldn't post this earlier because I was on the phone. This is from the post game screen against Drizz in which clearly my team had a fucking monster game.

RySJbnE.jpg

As you can see, Treadwell picked up 753 XP for the game.

I slid over to go and use the XP, and see for yourself:

The game XP didn't count and he still has the same XP from prior to the game. It is clearly evidenced by the fact that the in game earned XP is greater than the current amount he has to spend. Literally just had the game of his life with no XP to show for it. I triggered the Weekly Goal of 2 TD catchesas well as a couple of Milestone Goals - nothing.

I looked around to see if I had another player with the same problem - Trae Waynes picked up another interception and broke a 7 int in a year milestone goal to really rack up on XP. Same situation as Treadwell.

Honestly, it's fucking incredible how they can get shit like this wrong. This is the building blocks of your franchise. It really sucks having so many young guys in key spots and they don't get full cred for playing well.

brentech

Apparently EA didn't think I had enough reason to end after one season.
That shit is so dumb. Then I have a 27 year old lineman that can't upgrade is run blocking without 5700xp.
Yea, okay.

DJ Bowser

Saturday: ?
Sunday: morning as long as we start by 10 am, after the late games
What time zone are you? PST?

Today, I could possibly go in the morning any time from now until 2:30 EST (depending on if I do lunch with the Mrs.) or after j get home from work 11pm or so.

Sunday before the games could work. I think we advance before the end of the late games though.

Nightz

What time zone are you? PST?

Today, I could possibly go in the morning any time from now until 2:30 EST (depending on if I do lunch with the Mrs.) or after j get home from work 11pm or so.

Sunday before the games could work. I think we advance before the end of the late games though.
Eastern. I'm out right now and may have some small windows today, but I'm not sure, hence the question mark.

Birdman02

Soka, I'm available pretty much all day until about 6ct. I do have a few errands to run, but I'll be pretty close by the house. Just let me know when you want to play.

Top Bottom