• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Smokey

Pretty sure the L goes to whoever threw 7 (splat-like) ints and lost to a team starting Jeff Driskel

You'll be right at home after round 1 like the real Bengals anyway, so what's it matter? I knocked out your 2 best players for the playoffs, and improved my odds of dumping Crock for a QB in the draft.

I win

Splat

You'll be right at home after round 1 like the real Bengals anyway, so what's it matter? I knocked out your 2 best players for the playoffs, and improved my odds of dumping Crock for a QB in the draft.

I win

Can't lose round 1 since I'll have a bye, and Green's gonna carry us to glory!

(glory may be a first playoff win since 1989 but whatever)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hello Brent, let's try for tonight. Is 10 PM ET good?

Hotel Wifi seems pretty fast but I have no idea what we are in store for in regards to the connection. I tried to go wired but it wasn't registering in the room

Valve doesn't have to rely on Sony and MS to open up API calls like Tiburon does.

There is an option in Madden now to stop in the middle of a game and finish it later (for offline franchises). I don't think it would be entirely hard to have the session be saved in their "cloud" or locally to the hard drive if a connection to the internet is lost.

DCX

DCX
GG. Felt pretty good about how my team was playing in the first game but then I guess you lost your connection or whatever. In the second game, I could tell immediately that you were getting the visiting team HFA treatment. Ah well. Madden is Madden.
Yea I lost my internet just as I scored and took a 7-6 lead heading into half and getting the ball first.

I did wish there was a 60 second option to reconnect. Or maybe give the person left the option to wait for reconnect.

Maybe Madden 2020 :/

DCX

brentech

Hello Brent, let's try for tonight. Is 10 PM ET good?

Hotel Wifi seems pretty fast but I have no idea what we are in store for in regards to the connection. I tried to go wired but it wasn't registering in the room
That will depend on when the Indians game concludes.

Also, maybe try to play a rando in draft champions to find out if the connection works for gaming. I've always had high speed at hotels, but terrible latency in Dota.

Edit: I don't know exactly the time, but my wife is taking the baby a couple places and I should be able to play this am/afternoon if you're around

There is an option in Madden now to stop in the middle of a game and finish it later (for offline franchises). I don't think it would be entirely hard to have the session be saved in their "cloud" or locally to the hard drive if a connection to the internet is lost.

We need asynchronous Madden. It's too bad Mode 7 buckled to the fat nerd pressure and killed Frozen Endzone for being too much fun.

Meant to post this in here. It's been a good run.

Melvin Gordon has as many touchdowns as the entire Houston Texans offense. 10. He is under team control for the next three years and his cap number never exceeds $3m.

Brock Osweiler has accounted for 8 touchdowns. He is under team control for 4 seasons and his cap number is never less than $20m.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That will depend on when the Indians game concludes.

Also, maybe try to play a rando in draft champions to find out if the connection works for gaming. I've always had high speed at hotels, but terrible latency in Dota.

Edit: I don't know exactly the time, but my wife is taking the baby a couple places and I should be able to play this am/afternoon if you're around
I will play a rando but can you give me any kind of specific info? This wouldn't even help me schedule with you if I was at home. Hell you even took away the consistent 10-10:30 slot.

At this point I won't be at the hotel until about 5 eastern.

I will be joining Wellie in that hotel life tomorrow-Saturday!

Speaking of which, I haven't heard back from Luke yet and I'm sure he's busy as fuck, but IF tomorrow is the only time he can play, I could do it, but I'm not let out of my obligation until 9 CT and then it'll probably take me another half hour to get settled into my room and get my connection going. Tonight, I'll be free after 9 CT or so.

As for Rinse...if there's any way we could knock our game out tomorrow after the advance, it'd be for the best but I know that may not work for you. Mostly because Thursday and Friday, I'm stuck in a rehearsal until 10 CT and would be ready to go probably 10:30 or so and I know that's kind of late for you. Unless you're available in the afternoon.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I could play now, or possibly at 1.

I'm not missing the Indians in the World Series for a game of madden.
Ok I wouldn't ask you to do that. Can you play after the game? If not, tomorrow I am headed for Dublin. Leaving the current hotel by 7 am eastern should be at the new place by 1 pm eastern. Will need to figure out how to get online with the PS4. You let me know. Should be flexible as long as I can plan ahead.

Bread

Banned
I just applied my first dose, I'm going very thin on top and I'm only 30! Figured I'd give it a go as I really don't want to go bald so young. I'm also wondering if this is just regular balding due to age or if it could be something else? My sperm donor still has very thick hair. I spend a lot of time with a headset on my head and I'm wondering if that could do it? I'm on a few different meds for my back pain but I checked and couldn't see hair loss as a side effect.

I just took this photo before applying the Regaine:

This is worst case scenario, it doesn't look this bad in general and I'm taller than most people which helps but still, I didn't know it was this bad until I took the photo just now so I'm a bit bummed out lol.
lol

rinse82

I will be joining Wellie in that hotel life tomorrow-Saturday!

Speaking of which, I haven't heard back from Luke yet and I'm sure he's busy as fuck, but IF tomorrow is the only time he can play, I could do it, but I'm not let out of my obligation until 9 CT and then it'll probably take me another half hour to get settled into my room and get my connection going. Tonight, I'll be free after 9 CT or so.

As for Rinse...if there's any way we could knock our game out tomorrow after the advance, it'd be for the best but I know that may not work for you. Mostly because Thursday and Friday, I'm stuck in a rehearsal until 10 CT and would be ready to go probably 10:30 or so and I know that's kind of late for you. Unless you're available in the afternoon.

I'm ok with 10:30 or 11:00 et on any night

Meant to post this in here. It's been a good run.

Melvin Gordon has as many touchdowns as the entire Houston Texans offense. 10. He is under team control for the next three years and his cap number never exceeds $3m.

Brock Osweiler has accounted for 8 touchdowns. He is under team control for 4 seasons and his cap number is never less than $20m.

Russell Wilson's cap hit doesn't exceed $20 million until 2018.

According to Spotrac Osweiler's hit next year is $19mm but there's $25mm in dead money if they cut him, in 2018 it jumps to $21mm but with a mere $6mm in dead money. So the Texans are stuck with Osweiler until 2018.

They should just trade JJ Watt now.

Russell Wilson's cap hit doesn't exceed $20 million until 2018.

According to Spotrac Osweiler's hit next year is $19mm but there's $25mm in dead money if they cut him, in 2018 it jumps to $21mm but with a mere $6mm in dead money. So the Texans are stuck with Osweiler until 2018.

They should just trade JJ Watt now.

JJ watt is probably done

Smokey

Let me run the Texans. I've found MVP QBs. It's not hard. I blessed the organization with Landrum and Dolittle. Rick Smith needs his shit fukd up. Dreaming of the Fitzmagic days.

In football, homegrown talent really is the way to go.

It's just bad to overpay another team's unwanted guy or someone they wouldn't move the price tag up for. That really should be the first hint that the guy isn't that good. Big money free agents rarely move the needle the way they were intended to. Maybe not RARE, but it doesn't happen enough for it to be worth it most of the time.

Let me run the Texans. I've found MVP QBs. It's not hard. I blessed the organization with Landrum and Dolittle. Rick Smith needs his shit fukd up. Dreaming of the Fitzmagic days.

O'Brien is great at turning mediocre backup QB's into completely incapable piles of shit.

DCX

DCX
Other than Micheal Turner for the Falcons, I agree. Most FA acquisitions don't pan out like intended. We tried to do it with SJax and it blew up in our face.

Freeman and Coleman lead the way for our future and both were drafted.

DCX

Other than Micheal Turner for the Falcons, I agree. Most FA acquisitions don't pan out like intended. We tried to do it with SJax and it blew up in our face.

DCX

Miami's front office hoped Suh was going have a Reggie White type impact, and while he hasn't been the problem, it goes to show that one guy can only do so much.

I guess one could say if we got Drew Brees, things would be different, but I'm fairly certain we would have found a way to fuck up having Brees as the QB.

DCX

DCX
Miami's front office hoped Suh was going have a Reggie White type impact, and while he hasn't been the problem, it goes to show that one guy can only do so much.

I guess one could say if we got Drew Brees, things would be different, but I'm fairly certain we would have found a way to fuck up having Brees as the QB.
Oh yea..man, you guys gave him alot of money too.

DCX

DCX

That's not really true. I mean, Manning just won a Super Bowl. Most of the big 2016 signing have worked out so far. Malik Jackson, Josh Norman, Marvin Jones, Alex Mack were all big names going to new teams for big deals and they have performed as expected. I'd say only Osweiler has underperformed. Vernon probably hasn't been worth the $ yet but it seems like New York is still trying to figure out where he fits in that defense.

The problem is the only ones that stand out are QB's and QB's generally only go to a new team if their existing team thinks they have failed/found a replacement.

Generally most free agents are not busts. There is a confirmation bias about free agent busts because it's almost never a surprise. If you think a deal is bad you pay attention to it and remember it when it turns out bad. I.E. you forget about all of David Ortiz's 9th inning strike outs.

Suh has been outstanding, weird example of a FA bust.

I didn't call him a bust. I just don't believe in paying one single player that type of money unless it was your own guy to begin with.

Teams that draft well are the teams that win, teams that pay big money for other team's players usually stays losing. I'm not into paying a single guy so much money to come and play "up to par" but have the team still suck.

And Peyton is a first ballot hall of famer, had proven himself, nothing close to comparable for Osweiler.

Stable organizations just don't need to spend giant dollars to have someone turn the program around. There are plenty of impactful free agents that don't cost a fortune. If you are having to pay for one praying they are the answer that means you have done terrible drafting.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
JJ watt is probably done

Do you mean his career is done or he's done with the Texans awful organization? Sad if it's due to injury I don't know how serious it is but completely understandable if you mean with the Texans organization. He deserves better.

edit - Pete in case you don't see my PM and look here I'll be available after 10 or 11ET tonight and tomorrow.

I didn't call him a bust. I just don't believe in paying one single player that type of money unless it was your own guy to begin with.

Teams that draft well are the teams that win, teams that pay big money for other team's players usually stays losing. I'm not into paying a single guy so much money to come and play "up to par" but have the team still suck.

And Peyton is a first ballot hall of famer, had proven himself, nothing close to comparable for Osweiler.

No one is saying Osweiler is Manning, I'm saying Osweiler is the FA outlier in a lot of ways.

That Suh deal gets so atrocious in 2018....

Smokey

O'Brien is great at turning mediocre backup QB's into completely incapable piles of shit.

Hopkins was one of the top WRs last year with 4 garbage QBs throwing him the ball: Fitzmagic, Hoyer, Yates, and Mallet.

Yet Crock comes in here and now Hop can't get shit. Well the entire O can't. Is infuriating. The Texans HC and GM position are the most safe jobs in all of sports. Nobody gets fired for anything. Kubiak can't do shit, and then goes to Denver and wins a SB. Osweiler didn't even meet with O'Brien before signing. That tells me it was an owner and GM move, and for that Rick Smith has got to go. Oh wait...McNair just gave him another contract extension last off season. Hate life.

Top Bottom