• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

When is the Trasher available

read an article that BF1 supposed to get the PS4 Pro treatment, but doesn't really say what other than graphical, so it's hard to feel like that's all that reliable. It said the same thing about FIFA as well - hopefully since both use the frostbite engine, it's legit.

PS4 Pro enhancements can't be anything but graphics.

Gg but my team sucks?

DCX

Well Jeremy Lane does lead all CBs in picks right now with 9, and he's 4th in the NFL. The weird part is I think they all came against FMT, CB and LJ which is just Madden this year I guess.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's nothing personal brother I just really want a shot at the playoffs! Fans in the Cleve want a winner again!

Rob, I am dead sick tired tonight but I'm available as early as 6 PST and as late as 12 PST thurs and friday

That's cool Scott. I should be around in that window both days.

if all goes as planned, these are the likely playoff seedings:

AFC
1. Bengals
2. Bills
3. Jags
4. Chargers
5. Patriots
6. Texans/Browns (I dont know who would get in, identical conference records and didn't play each other)

NFC:
1. Falcons
2. Giants
3. 49ers
4. Vikings
5. Panthers
6. Packers

if all goes as planned, these are the likely playoff seedings:

AFC
1. Bengals
2. Bills
3. Jags
4. Chargers
5. Patriots
6. Texans/Browns (I dont know who would get in, identical conference records and didn't play each other)

NFC:
1. Falcons
2. Giants
3. 49ers
4. Vikings
5. Panthers
6. Packers

Oh wow so I had my shit all wrong it's not between me and the jags at all.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Julio made a bullshit catch that I literally shook my head at.

HFA

15-1. DM giving me my only loss week 1.

Julio finished with 1900+ yards Wells, make your move!

DCX

got screwed on a spot, followed by a lag murdered <30 yard FG, 3 sacks taken because the throw buttons didn't register, Fleener ghost controlled himself out of bounds.

Is it lag, or is the controller just fucked?

So tired of fighting the controls of the game.

DCX

DCX
got screwed on a spot, followed by a lag murdered <30 yard FG, 3 sacks taken because the throw buttons didn't register, Fleener ghost controlled himself out of bounds.

Is it lag, or is the controller just fucked?

So tired of fighting the controls of the game.
Lag plays a huge role :/

I also felt the button won register issue on sacks :/

Game is trash.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
exGjaLV.jpg

LukeSmith

gg greg

I don't know what to say about the injuries in this game other than maybe they should be turned down some.

Greg lost QB1 and QB2 that game to ruptured discs

gg greg

I don't know what to say about the injuries in this game other than maybe they should be turned down some.

dang gregory lost?!

as for injuries... i mean there has to be some injuries! it's just bad luck i suppose. i've really only had 1 prolonged injury (carlos hyde 4 week) all year but others have had major injuries. all luck... just like in real life!

Greg

GG, Luke

I won, FMT - JAGS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS! AFCS CHAMPIONS! HANG THE BANNER! DREAMS COME TRUE!

but yeah, lost 2 QBs

DJ Bowser

GG, Luke

I won, FMT - JAGS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS! AFCS CHAMPIONS! HANG THE BANNER! DREAMS COME TRUE!

but yeah, lost 2 QBs
Because I believe the Jags are a team of destiny, I will cut Tannehill to be signed and guide you through the playoffs. Good luck and God-speed.

I like the increased amount of injuries, feels like real football with teams getting fucked out of their hopes and dreams.

Sokantish

gg greg

I agree with you on the injuries, I haven't even played that much this season and I've already had four of five players injured and a few of them being out for 3+ weeks

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Julio made a bullshit catch that I literally shook my head at.

HFA

15-1. DM giving me my only loss week 1.

Julio finished with 1900+ yards Wells, make your move!

DCX

Holy shit dude lol I didn't think you took our convo seriously. Congrats on the great season and congrats on Julio. Not sure what Treads got off the sim but I doubt it's anything good.

DCX

DCX
Holy shit dude lol I didn't think you took our convo seriously. Congrats on the great season and congrats on Julio. Not sure what Treads got off the sim but I doubt it's anything good.
Lol thanks man!

Risky as I could have gotten them all hurt but I head into the bye at relatively full strength.

DCX

Addendum to my Civ VI review.

I decided to load up the Brazil game (I was down to two very small cities relative to the state of the game split by most of the continent. I had like no production capacity. However I did have the tech advantage any my crossbowmen were murdering people easier than inner city cops. So I just planted them outside of my lost capital (now occupied by the white devil) for no real reason other than harassment and to give me something to kill as I clicked "next turn." For whatever reason, despite advancing to gunpowder (my advancement basically halted since I had no capacity. I was climbing the tech tree at a snails pace by this point) Norway kept letting me pelt them. They also stopped attacking my other two cities for some reason. It was completely and utterly illogical.

Well, the whole "do nothing" thing had allowed me to amass a pretty decent bankroll so I decided to buy a couple pikemen at the same time as two catapults were produced in my remaining shanty towns. Key thing to note; Norway, before retreating for God knows why, had 6 catapults, 4 archers (who I assume by now had been upgraded to one of the gunpowder options) a number of random infantry (berserkers I believe for the most part) and more troops amassed in ships on my shores ready to take the place of their fallen comrades. They could completely wipe out my Civ in 3 turns if they so chose. It's why I turned it on in the first place, I just wanted something to monkey with while watching baseball. It was a hopeless situation.

Well...once I had my huge army of horseshit (which was less than a quarter of the size of the army Norway had within my borders...not to mention what they had in their territory which I could not see due to FoW) I get a message from King Herpiederp asking for peace. Shockingly, he is offering to pay me for it. His request includes 2 gold per turn, 2 luxury resources per turn and giving me back Rio. I'm baffled but what the hell. I demand he also include 4 of his 5 cities, triple the gold and give me his Great Wonder.

He complies. His lack of resources will force him to decommission the vast majority of his army and I'll take Stockholm after my meetings this AM.

Civ is still a broken mess.

0 stars.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I will try to get my boy Smokey in the playoffs tonight! Time to crush Scott's dreams.

edit - a win tonight would keep me from 7-9 BULLSHIT. The dream of 8-8 is alive.

Birdman02

Can anyone tell if I can still get in the playoffs? I know I have to beat Wellie, and Brent would have to lose to Trasher for both of us to finish at 9-7. Brent and I split this season, and I didn't have a chance to look at the the other tie breakers.

Can anyone tell if I can still get in the playoffs? I know I have to beat Wellie, and Brent would have to lose to Trasher for both of us to finish at 9-7. Brent and I split this season, and I didn't have a chance to look at the the other tie breakers.

I'm assuming you are still alive because Brent didn't show as clinched

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
That new Sonic Mania footage. They finally fucking did it. The Sonic cycle is broken!

(It actually broke with sonic generations but then started up again. But this feels like a better narrative.)

What if Sonic was never actually that good?

I watched that video and my thoughts were:

1. This music is dope
2. This sprite work is dope
3. This is the same janky camera work and clunky platforming that has always made Sonic games so frustrating.

So basically if you love clunk Sonic platforming it nailed it. If you don't, then this game won't change your mind.

Also I was thinking this morning, the playoffs are probably starting this weekend, so we got like a week until the off season starts which means we should probably start trying to figure out when the draft is so FMT can mess up on scheduling it and have half the league miss out.

Top Bottom