• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

We have a 16/27 vote already (Don't know who has those three teams) and that list includes guys who I'm sure will be able to make it.

FMT said it was fine. All efforts should be made to inform LJ and Welli. Nightz is right behind you so he already knows.

So far it's 17-1 for drafting tonight.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I shot Wellie a message.

Thanks man. DCX shot me a text too.

I'm ok with tonight I guess I just would like to complete my scouting in this current round, I should be home by 6. Thought I would have until tonight's advance to do it. Was going to hook up my dishwasher but I can do it tomorrow while watching election coverage.

Birdman02

I'm ok with drafting tonight, assuming the 10 et start time.

Are we just going to completely skip the last round of FA and scouting? I'm still hoping to add more FAs before the draft.

Somnia

I'm ok with drafting tonight, assuming the 10 et start time.

Are we just going to completely skip the last round of FA and scouting? I'm still hoping to add more FAs before the draft.

I would think we shoudl still move to 3rd round at 6PM PST, that gives 2 hours to do that round. I know it's not a lot, but it's something.

LukeSmith

I would think we shoudl still move to 3rd round at 6PM PST, that gives 2 hours to do that round. I know it's not a lot, but it's something.

I think that's one hour.

FA Advance+scouting Final 6 PM PST
Draft Advance 7 PM PST

something like a timeline of advances would be really helpful here.

I think we should build a google doc/excel file that tracks all of the major events and the date/times for the advances

that excel file could be used each year, with the dates being updated (per season), and the deadlines being updated alongside the releases (oh in madden 22 they added a new stadium rebuilding week - the spreadsheet has been updated)

I suppose I could just build something like this.

Could even have the week advances so you can see when the current week advances, et cetera

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think that's one hour.

Draft Advance 7 PM PST

Yea.

It's water under the bridge now but I just don't understand why we can't develop a plan and stick to it. Like Somnia has been asking since before the playoffs about the draft and FA and nothing was said then when kind of a plan was made Monday wasn't even on the table, then Monday the draft is Monday. For those that say oh it's a weekday we can all play at that time - yeah sure but same day notice?

At least it gets us out of this fucking god awful debacle of an off-season. Why on Earth would EA make this the system for FA

DJ Bowser

One issue with planning ahead is that the rate of the playoffs is determined by the playoff teams. One season last year only took 3 days to complete the entirety of the playoffs. This season took, I believe, a week. Until you have the Super Bowl scheduled, you can't be sure.

Yea.

It's water under the bridge now but I just don't understand why we can't develop a plan and stick to it. Like Somnia has been asking since before the playoffs about the draft and FA and nothing was said then when kind of a plan was made Monday wasn't even on the table, then Monday the draft is Monday. For those that say oh it's a weekday we can all play at that time - yeah sure but same day notice?

At least it gets us out of this fucking god awful debacle of an off-season. Why on Earth would EA make this the system for FA

I did develop a plan and it was shot down. It's a no-win for me!

Didn't the CPU draft bob 3 QBs one year?
I think that's one hour.

Draft Advance 7 PM PST

I think we should build a google doc/excel file that tracks all of the major events and the date/times for the advances

that excel file could be used each year, with the dates being updated (per season), and the deadlines being updated alongside the releases (oh in madden 22 they added a new stadium rebuilding week - the spreadsheet has been updated)

I suppose I could just build something like this.

Could even have the week advances so you can see when the current week advances, et cetera

Why do you want to steal my smile?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll quit if it's a sim.

Not really much of a threat, I've been nothing but a guaranteed victory to my opponent.

Splat

Ah yes, let's waste everyone's time that scouting all season long by simming the draft. Don't fucking do that without committing to it before scouting opens.

Lonestar

I know that I have the slimmest of margins of getting the 1 or 2 positions that could really help my team, and I REALLY know that the Computer will give me a WR and a HB, which are not what I need.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I thought we weren't supposed to start in-fighting and threatening to kill the league until at least season 3.

DCX I sent you the info on my LOLB for trade. I could part with Moats instead if your interested. Really any LB except Shazier is on the block.

Lonestar

sim the next season

cKLidS2.gif

Top Bottom