• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think Wellie might be the only person to not draft a player higher than 69 OVR.
This is what I get for simming my picks. Pick #39 ended up being #234 in True Talent, pick #88 or whatever was #187. BS considering the AI drafted really well last year for me.

Once Wong went I checked out. I'll figure it out in season, what a disaster this whole off-season was.

One funny thing I just thought about is the faux outrage on resetting injuries. IT would have happened regardless due to simming preseason and not wanting a bunch of sim injuries

Smokey

My draft was trash, but I only did scouting 2 times during the season. Stuck with tradition of getting a QB, but wish I would've scouted and got Brent's guy. Crock will start the season on a short leash, and when it's time , the Messina era will begin.

On a different note did anybody play Titanfall 2? That Master gauntlet trophy is insane and only a bronze wtf

My draft was trash, but I only did scouting 2 times during the season. Stuck with tradition of getting a QB, but wish I would've scouted and got Brent's guy. Crock will start the season on a short leash, and when it's time , the Messina era will begin.

On a different note did anybody play Titanfall 2? That Master gauntlet trophy is insane and only a bronze wtf

I love TF2. Waiting for pspro to finish it

Smokey

I love TF2. Waiting for pspro to finish it

I'm assuming you love the SP, because I just cannot imagine you in that games MP. How far did you get in SP? Everything is really well done, but the last few levels in that game are incredible. I've got two trophies left for the Platinum...this impossible Master Gauntlet and completing the game on Master difficulty. The gauntlet one can kick rocks.

I'm assuming you love the SP, because I just cannot imagine you in that games MP. How far did you get in SP? Everything is really well done, but the last few levels in that game are incredible. I've got two trophies left for the Platinum...this impossible Master Gauntlet and completing the game on Master difficulty. The gauntlet one can kick rocks.

Hang on there pal. I'm better than you in overwatch!

As for tf2, I'm halfway through!

DCX

DCX
Draft pool was trash. Definitely gems out there but man I felt for some position it only went three tofour players deep then dumpster fire.

DCX

Nightz

Playing through the campaign slowly. I think I'm halfway through.

rinse82

That white fast wide out I drafted in the third round was like 350 true talent lol

Nice faux insight fmt

I drafted the other fast white WR and he was #344 true talent or something, and only 94 speed.

This guy was my best pick:

CwtiVyvXEAA7AzG.jpg:large

Ferny

You trash at multi tho

LJ11

I tried. I think I was the only one who realized you probably would not know at all.

Yeah, the Bills get a Monday night game once a decade, I didn't pay much attention on Sunday either, it's my fault.

I got a pretty good blocking TE, and just replaced some of the positions I lost in FA. Think I'll be alright.

brentech

Packers at 53.
Jordy, Rodgers, Matthews, Shields - all lost 2 points in every physical attribute and attributes that would be effected by physical ability. I'm okay with that.

That TE the CPU drafted me is a better FB than my actual FB.

I might change Derrick Henry to FB and just go fully Welli on offense.

That picture of Sherman reaching out to touch the ball while jumping into the kickers knees should get him suspended. Shows clear intent to injure.

I'm glad I took that tackle because uh, did one of my players mysteriously disappear or retire? TBH I barely followed offseason business but before the draft I looked at my depth, saw four 80s and a 70, so I figured to take one, and one of them magically is gone, maybe my eyes were playing me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I might change Derrick Henry to FB and just go fully Welli on offense.

That picture of Sherman reaching out to touch the ball while jumping into the kickers knees should get him suspended. Shows clear intent to injure.

What would it take to pry Henry away from you? I would use him as an actual HB not a fullback

Yeah, the Bills get a Monday night game once a decade, I didn't pay much attention on Sunday either, it's my fault.

I got a pretty good blocking TE, and just replaced some of the positions I lost in FA. Think I'll be alright.

Hey I wanted to watch it too!

This thread was moving pretty fast on Monday. I checked it around lunch time and suddenly we were drafting. There really should've been some check in window but well, here we are.

BigAT

This thread was moving pretty fast on Monday. I checked it around lunch time and suddenly we were drafting. There really should've been some check in window but well, here we are.

I'm not necessarily saying it's a good practice, but this is basically how it has functioned every single draft for a while now. At some point you have to be prepared for it.

It was a public and open discussion. Prior to Monday we probably didn't even have a total of 19 votes for the three days, Monday swooped in and got 19 votes immediately. It's not like we tried to sneak an injury reset through the backdoor with no league discussion or something, this was a totally open and transparent process!

I briefly checked the thread since last night to see who's adjusted/cut. There's some others I suspect did do it, but I'm not putting anyone down who didn't specifically say they've taken care of it.

A-North
Splat
Sully
Rob

A-West
phee

A-East
Cola

A-South
Greg

N-North
Brent

N-East
Somnia

N-West
FMT

N-South

When Trump wins Texas by one vote DietRob is going to be very angry with you, shake

I'll get to mine around noon I hope. I looked at it this morning but was unprepared to see a bunch of practice squad scrubs.

DJ Bowser

Players need to be cut in order to be put on a practice squad in the first place, in Madden and in real life.
Incorrect. If you go to their player card during the season or preseason you can demote them o practice squad. That option isn't available right now.

Also, if we could start the draft at 7pst, we should be able to 'vance at 7pst, I feel.

Also, I'm not at 53 because I want to demote guys to practice squad. Will the CPU auto-cut them?

I briefly checked the thread since last night to see who's adjusted/cut. There's some others I suspect did do it, but I'm not putting anyone down who didn't specifically say they've taken care of it.

A-North
Splat
Sully
Rob

A-West
phee

A-East

A-South
Greg

N-North
Brent

N-East
Somnia

N-West

N-South

My roster is trash regardless. Consider me done if it means earlier vancin!

Incorrect. If you go to their player card during the season or preseason you can demote them o practice squad. That option isn't available right now.

Also, if we could start the draft at 7pst, we should be able to 'vance at 7pst, I feel.

Also, I'm not at 53 because I want to demote guys to practice squad. Will the CPU auto-cut them?

I think the only way to do it is to cut them then sign them to the practice squad week 1 since Madden doesn't have waivers.

Out of curiosity, did anyone find the practice squad the least bit useful?

DJ Bowser

I had a couple guys that were useful after some injuries for a couple weeks and one o-lineman who will be starting this year, I fhink.

Top Bottom