• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Oh brother.

yYVaczL.gif

brentech

I quit caffeine all together about 2 weeks ago. I was slowly stopping before the baby, then was heavily drinking it after the baby arrived. So now officially done, but god damn I'm tired right now and could use a pick me up.

I quit caffeine all together about 2 weeks ago. I was slowly stopping before the baby, then was heavily drinking it after the baby arrived. So now officially done, but god damn I'm tired right now and could use a pick me up.

Good luck

I quit caffeine at least 4 times a year every year!

brentech

Just lost Aaron Rodgers and Richard Rodgers for the season in my solo league where I play to try stuff out.
I smell conspiracy.

Need to transfer my drafted QB from one league to another. =[

Birdman02

Am I looking at this right? Cap penalties for cuts made now still hit the 2016 cap. If that's the case, then I can essentially cut Cutler now basically for free. Seems like that shouldn't be allowed.

I only cut 1 guy that had any bonus remaining, but it added it to the penalty to 2016...still showing no 2017 penalties.

DCX

DCX
Am I looking at this right? Cap penalties for cuts made now still hit the 2016 cap. If that's the case, then I can essentially cut Cutler now basically for free. Seems like that shouldn't be allowed.

I only cut 1 guy that had any bonus remaining, but it added it to the penalty to 2016...still showing no 2017 penalties.

As someone who helped out a bit on the issue when Ohio was looking to pass a constitutional amendment, Drizz is sort of correct, though functionally it's probably a necessary stepping stone regardless. Though it is less about "creating a new lobby" and more about maintaining strict control over production and distribution and also appeasing the business community.

Ohio was on the brink of passing a broad constitutional amendment, so the Ohio Chamber (through intermediaries) proposed a competing measure that allowed for a more limited medical marijuana measure. That passed and appetite for the broader measure is now effectively dead. The realpolitiks is the hope that Colorado or Washington or whoever will have some major negative consequences and this is all just a stall for time while maintaining control of the production, distribution and consumption of marijuana.

There isn't a real "downside" to voting for medical marijuana, though, I mean...killing marijuana in 2016 isn't going to make people more likely to vote for broader laws in 2018. While showing how little impact a passed medical marijuana legislation has CAN make the eventual complete Coloradoization of pot come about more rapidly.

Ultimately it's about control.

End of the day this is all about Obama being a gutless coward and not instructing his FDA to reclassify pot.

DJ Bowser

I won't be down to 53 until after 10pm EST likely. It's probably not a huge deal if no one can sign FA's until given the go because I won't lose anyone and it probably won't cut people with big penalties.

Aren't there nfl deals where you can cut them after the season but before June where you take no hit?

Birdman02

Aren't there nfl deals where you can cut them after the season but before June where you take no hit?
I don't think so. It's something to do with either accelerating the hit to the current year (meaning June 2016 cuts hit the 2016 cap) vs splitting it among the remaining years on the contract. I don't think there is any scenario where a penalty would apply to the prior year's cap.

BigAT

Yes. But I believe that's limited somehow?

I think you have it backwards. The idea is you can cut someone in say March or April and designate them as a June 1st cut, which would treat the cut as though another (league) year had passed on their contract. Usually it just means the team has less dead cap money. It also allows both the team and the cut player toengage properly in the free agency, which they wouldn't really be able to do if the team had to hold onto that player until June, even though they knew they planned to cut him.

I don't think any of this is in the game.

Top Bottom